Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 31st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 31st

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:50 am

Good morning,

I would mention the cold temps, but I think most of you already got that memo! My phone wx app thinks it's snowing here, but my phone didn't look out the window. No snow. Not yet, anyway. I doubt we'll get any at all.

Yesterday, after a run to Goodwill for some pretty glass dishes for my seashells, I got my little Ghost quilt quilted and bound. I have two more tops I did in Texas - chandelier and Christmas Garland - to prep for quilting. I think I have fabrics for their backs. So that will be today's projects. Then lotto blocks. Then it will be time to circle back to North Stars.

CAROL - thank you! No, no kids called yesterday. But I did get to have a nice long phone visit with my friend, Esther. We met back in 1989 at a widow's support group. Turned out she and her late dh knew my brother, Jim, very well! The group wasn't really helpful, but she and I have been great friends ever since. You were really busy yesterday! I made a binding, too! I press my strips in half before I sew them all together. Easier than ironing 400" of binding.

JANA - it feels good to get everything cleaned and back in it's proper place after the busy-ness of the holidays! Yes, I guess we are getting to the age. But really?? I'm only 71. Losing 8 people in 8 weeks is a bit of overkill, if you'll pardon the expression. You'll do great with your talk, just like always! I have faith - no pun intended. How was your casserole last night?

Yesterday I made potato soup. I'd never made it before, even though I do love it. And just this moment, I remembered that I was supposed to add cheese at the end! 😶🌫️ Oh well, the good news is there's plenty leftover. Maybe I'll remember to add it tonite. I might make some biscuits, too.

What's on your menu for tonite?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 31st

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:45 pm

Mary, any snow yet? I bet you are glad to be home and able to spread out a bit. Sorry you are losing so many friends. I guess it's just the natural order of things as we age. But it really sucks.

Tina, how's the knee? I think you said it was a little better. Did they figure out what was wrong with it?

Jana, I'm getting into the organizing mood too. I pulled some quilting stuff the other day and sorted through it. Came up with a good size give away pile.

Carol, how many quilts will you put in the show? Sounds like you've been getting some ready.

We've been under the weather here. After three years, Covid finally caught up to us. I pretty sure I picked it up at Road2CA. Lucky me. It wasn't bad, fever a few days and some lingering chest congestion. Was back to walking the dogs after 5 days. I also started going through sewing stuff. Getting rid of things I'll never use or make.

Don't know what's for dinner yet, but spaghetti sounds good.

Have lovely day.

Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:47 pm

Maryz, potato soup sounds yummy. I must put that one on my to-do list!
Lori, sorry about the COVID. Hope you are doing a lot better now.
We did grocery shop today. I bought a fresh loaf of bread. I am needing to used up the old bread, so french toast tonight.
I baked molasses cookies yesterday and shared. Some with neighbor, pastor and church secretary. They loved having a surprise treat.
My DH was thrilled to have the cookie jar full. LOL
I worked on Lotto blocks today. Gotta a few made and a few more cut and ready to stitch tomorrow. It's a fun and easy block.
I am pondering what pattern to choose for my last graduation quilt. Not until about 2024, but I am planning now so I can look and watch for some golf theme fabric to use in it. This Lotto blocks would be a good one, because I could fussy cut the 6 1/2" square from the theme fabric ( golf fabrics) then bring in her color choices ( royal blue, purple, and light blue) in the triangles and maybe even sashing.
Depending on the fabric, I might find a nice golf fabrics for backing even. ???
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:13 pm

Good evening!

Dinner is all prepped and ready when everyone gets home from work. We are having Tacos - it's Tuesday!

Lori - so sad that nasty bug caught up to you! Sounds like you are on the mend!

Vel - better to be ahead of the game, than beh8nd! You idea of a golf theme quilt sounds great.

Mary - I'll share snow with you! It's very pretty!

We did make it to 20 for our high today. Overnight it was 1. The worst of this cold spell is supposedly done,, but we'll see..

Working on what goes on my new wall and how to best use the space. I love being organized and hate it when I mess it all up! I like picture perfect and quilts done too, they don't quite play together well. Guess the mess will win! LOL!

Hugs, we're staying warm here,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:42 pm

Good late afternoon,
This afternoon my DH and I went for a walk in the nature preserve. There are three trails parallel to the ocean - the low trail, upper trail and high trail. We rarely take the high trail because of recent rains the trails tend to be a bit soggy, especially the lower trail. Today we took the high trail. It was a beautiful clear day. Most of you would consider 64* a nice day however I find it cool. Below is a picture we took. The island is Santa Catalina. The rain did a wonderful job of turning everything green. Yes, there is a baseball diamond there on the cliff too.

This morning I worked on the border. I quilted two straight lines then shamrocks I still need at least one more straight line parallel to the edge. Then I will put the binding on the quilt.

Lori - Sorry you caught Covid. I wore a mask when I was in the Convention Center at Road. I was worried. None of my friends got sick. I have entered four quilts in the show.
Two of them are from the green fabric given to me after my first year as President, the third is the Modern Tree quilt you saw at Road and the fourth is the challenge quilt.

I am also selling three others. The names are Charming, Floral Diamonds and Hearts & Flowers. You can see them here: https://southbayquiltersguild.org/consignment.html You will need to scroll down a bit.

Jana - Always fun to organize! You already have a wonderful space, and this just makes it better.

Vel - Molasses Cookies sound so-so good!

Maryz - Hope you remembered the cheese tonight! lol Glad you had a nice visit with a friend yesterday.

Dinner tonight was Parmesan Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Salad and Broccoli.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”