Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 9th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 9th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:34 am

Good morning,

I'm a little late today. We did our grocery shopping EARLY to avoid the crowds. Crowds carry germs and Austin is raging right now with RSV, Listeria, Flu A, Flu B, and Covid. Ugh!! We were the only ones in the store besides employees. They hadn't even opened up a checkstand yet. Nice shopping!

Yesterday I got the ghost quilt about half finished and today I plan/hope to finish up the top. Then I might start a book pillow to go with. Lois is making them and shared her measurements with me. That's my only plan for the rest of the day.

TINA - I know your special day yesterday was, well - special! And your carne asada at Holly's sounded delish! It's yellow jackets that are 'bugging' us here. Haven't seen a wasp yet. Sure happy about that! Wasps HURT! But I guess you know that. And yellow jackets aren't fun either. We swat/kill at least 5 of them every afternoon and we have two traps out besides.

CAROL - so do you plan to make some freezer meals ahead? That is such a great idea. I always try to plan that, but don't usually get around to it.

JANA - I didn't know that about Walt Disney. He was a visionary.

Well, Bill surprised me yesterday afternoon when he opened up his mouth and announced he wanted grilled steaks for supper tonite and invited my sis and dbil to join us. So that's one reason why we had to go to store this morning - for the steaks. And Bill said he'd buy the steaks if Al did the grilling, so that's the plan. My sis is doing potatoes and I'm doing salad.

Any chance you can con someone else into cooking YOUR supper tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 9th

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:00 am

Good Morning,
Maryz - Yes, I plan freezer meals. I make a double batch of pasta sauce and freeze it in portions large enough for two. I make Stuffed Pepper Casserole and Meatloaf as well. It really comes in handy. BTW we have been wearing KN95 masks when indoors because the numbers have gone up in LA County.

Yesterday we went out to lunch and ate only half of the club sandwiches, so we added soup and had them for dinner. No real cooking! Yeah! Not too much to clean up either.

Jana - I can see that about Disneyland. Walt Disney really was cool. Your day with the little ones sounds like so much fun. I am glad you called Aaron and the lady was caught. The other driver will be stuck with repairs and may get higher rates because of the accident.

Tina - Your day must have been perfect yesterday. You didn't need to cook dinner either. The SS looks like lots of fun. Thanks for doing it this year.

Tonight, we really will have the Chicken for dinner. (It was frozen the first night, so it is fine tonight.)

Today, I need to do some grocery shopping. Also need to clean the wood floors in living room and get ready for the tree. I only have a few cards to finish and have drafted my holiday letter so, guess I will get them mailed by the tenth (maybe even today). I set a date for my personal deadline. It is not imposed by any real deadlines.

Carol

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 9th

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:25 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, that's my kind of shopping, nobody else around! I like Bill conning your DBIL into cooking, priceless!
My day was great yesterday! The carne asada tacos were yummy!
Carol, SS is great fun! You should join us next year! 🥰 The ladies sang happy birthday to me on zoom too ❤❤
Well I think I'm spoiled, no cooking last night, no cooking tonight because Dad is taking us out for my birthday dinner and no cooking tomorrow because Frankie is taking me out to dinner in Cruces tomorrow! We're going to deliver Elijah's stocking and then we're going shopping for Dad for Jazmyne, Easton, Preston, Matthew and Elijah! He gives me cash and asks for me to go get them things. I always show him what I buy and he's always happy. He's really happy to not go shopping 🤣😂
I'm working on the placemats for my little brother; Jamie and his fiance; Janelle. I couldn't sleep past 3:45 and gave up at 4 :30 and got up. Bad thing about that is my eyes don't want to see very well that early.
We're cloudy and cold here today. Monday we have a chance of snow and we're to be 21 low to low to mid 40's high for Monday and Tuesday! Gonna be cold!
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”