Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Dec 7th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Dec 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:07 am

Good morning,

I was up early this morning - before 4am. My eyeballs sprang open and that was that! My fur balls are always happy to get up early and eat. And believe me, they eat within seconds of my feet hitting the floor. There is no waiting with this crowd. Yesterday we ran some errands and the "neighbors", Al & Tina, went along for the ride. After that the guys put up Christmas lights in their site. I finished the words panel of my River/Woods project and I got five of the six 6" pieced star blocks finished. I messed up the sixth one so I have to go digging into the scraps I brought along to see if I have a bit of fabric to fix it.

Our trailer is a mess inside. Tina brought us a bunch of stuff plus another bunch of stuff from my other sister, Teese, and it all exploded in our trailer. Now we need to deal with it all. It's crowding my sewing mess! So that will be today's focus. If time permits, I'll start another embroidery panel and do the last six blocks of my project. After this, I'm going to start the little ghost quilt.

CAROL - how was your day at D-land? I like the teacups, Pirates of Carribean, Small World, and Thunder Mtn. Last time we were there was for Christmas, 2010. And definitely, yes, the stretching does help my back, especially here in the trailer. I sew at the table and it's so the wrong height to be ergonomic. My neck, shoulders, back, and hips get torqued.

TINA - you've been busy with your Christmas sewing! If you RV long enough, you will have some kind of sewer episode (among other "adventures"). We've had our share, up to, and including replacing a toilet! :lol:

Last night my soup really grew. And since I had way more than I'd anticipated, we shared with Al & Tina. We still have enough left for the two of us, but I might freeze it for later. I have no idea what supper will be tonite. I plan early in the day. If I don't, then supper doesn't happen. But my sister is the opposite and doesn't say a word about supper plans. Between you and me, I think she tries to outwait me, hoping we will invite them to share and she won't have to cook. :lol: So, I guess We're going to wait and see - will we eat our leftover soup? Will we be invited to the neighbors? Will we go hungry? Stay tuned . . .

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Dec 7th

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:23 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary I was up early too, 5:30. My eyes popped open and that was it for me too LOL. Except my furrkids and Frankie are all still sleeping and I'm in my sewing room working on placemats.
I'm excited to see your little ghost quilt! I'm also excited to see your Woods quilt too! I love seeing everything you and everyone else makes!
I'm just like your sister in plans for supper most of the time 😂🤣 I secretly hope it'll just pass without me having to cook most days, I think a bowl of cereal or cheese and crackers would be fine 😂🤣. I get so tired of having to figure it out. And Dad and Frankie are no help with telling me what they'd like.... it gets old.
I'll be doing some laundry, some sewing and some going through presents and organizing them to get ready to wrap today! That'll fill my day and it's Dad's night for supper so I'll be cooking too, just have no idea what yet.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:55 am

Good morning!

I am so much in the wait and see till late for dinner! A bowl of cereal works for me! But alas, I now have family that needs to eat, so I cook! Today is the Ethan run day, so we may grab something to bring home.

Not much sewing happening here lately. I have been thinking about New Year's resolutions. Don't want to miss out on making them, so I can break them and have that out of my way! LOL!

Looks like some snow flakes are falling.

Take care, smile,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:08 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - It was a wonderful trip to Disneyland with DH yesterday. We both had a wonderful time. It's a Small World was the first ride, and it was spectacular! Inside was decorated for Christmas. I have not ever seen anything like it. We also went on Submarine (Finding Nemo), Monorail, Columbia River Boat, Tiki Room and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Pooh Bear and the circle the park Railroad. We arrived at about 10:15 AM and left the park at about 6:15 PM. Dinner was at Plaza Inn. DH and I both had lots of fun. We wanted to do other things, so DH is saying next time.

Sounds like all those empty spaces you were getting from moving the Christmas presents to others is being filled by receiving presents from them.

Tina - My eyes didn't want to pop open this morning. I slept until almost 8:00 AM. I always want to see other people's quilts. Today I am with you and Tina, I do not know what is for dinner.

Jana - I am one of those people who have kept New Year's resolutions. I really want to learn machine binding so I will make it a resolution/goal next year. Right now, I am busy with quilting. I also have a quilt to hand sew the binding down on the back.

Dinner today I am thinking about Teriyaki Chicken. I think we need to eat vegetables.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”