Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Dec 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Dec 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:06 am

Good morning,

I've had my coffee, my shower, and my 15 min stretching. Bill has us doing 15 to 30 minute workouts of various kinds accessing "Y" classes on his computer. At home, he takes a class 3x/wk so he can use their computer classes, too. And he's talked me into joining him. I have to say, I feel so much better. Hate doing them, but it's worth it.

My sis arrived yesterday afternoon. They were tuckered and happy to let us host happy hour, supper, cake, and presents. We all had an early night. Before they got here, I was able to finish up my 64 3x6" FG for my "River/Woods" quilt. Still haven't finished that first embroidered panel, but almost.. . maybe today . .

TINA - The stocking turned out really cute. But we had no doubts! We have most of those Christmas movies. Many we had on VCR but lost when we went DVD. RV is so funny. And one of the scenes - the exploding sewer hose - was filmed in a place Bill and I camped once - on our honeymoon. Ahh.... Good times!

LORI - I've seen Christmas Vacation, probably about 40 times. Every single year and some years twice. It was filmed in 1989 I think, in Breckenridge, CO. And I always see some new thing I've missed before. Love that one set of grandparents were Art and Frances - one set of my kids' grandparents were also named Art and Frances. I didn't catch that until about my tenth year of watching. lol! Ahh, so you've had to scan through video footage before, too, so you know about what Bill has been going through with 5 days. With only one eye (which has cataracts) and poor resolution on a bad network connection. This is why after two days he decided to let the detective do it.

CAROL - it takes some practice to machine bind but once you get it - you'll never want to go back! Fortunately, I have a lot of grand-pets and everyone got blankies for Christmas the year I was practicing. It wasn't enough so I made some quilts for myself for camping.

If anyone wants Becca's address, let me know. She is staying with Denise, so she gave me Denise's address so that's where any cards should be sent. I don't know what her future plans are. I doubt she knows yet herself,

Not sure what's for supper tonite. We have leftover rice, so if I am making supper tonite it's going to be chicken rice soup. My sister might cook for all of us or we might do our own thing. So, we're up in the air. But I can put soup together quickly. I don't have any celery though. It will have to be celery-less soup I guess.

have you got your supper plan yet?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Dec 6th

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:55 am

Good Morning,

Happy St. Nicholas Day! Today my DH and I have a trip to Disneyland planned. I am looking forward to it. DH doesn't like rides as much as I do but goes along at least once a year. He does love the teacups which I do not go on with him. He likes to spin as fast as possible.

Maryz - So glad you have your sister with you right now. Is the stretching helping your back?

Tina - The stocking is wonderful! It really is cute. We only have White Christmas. I really enjoy it.

Dinner tonight will probably be at Disneyland. I will let you know.

Carol

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Dec 6th

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:37 am

Good morning everyone!
I was here earlier but was trying to get lotto blocks done and in the mail so I didn't post. I got them finished and even walked them down to our mailbox but she'd already ran so they'll go out tomorrow. I think I've decided to make some placemats for my little brother and his fiance for Christmas so I'll see which ones I want to make.
Mary, I bet you had fun with the birthday party for your sis yesterday.
That exploding sewer hose wasn't as bad for my parents but Dad did have it happen and the high center part 🤣😂 I laugh now but I know they didn't then.
I've seen Christmas vacation since it came out probably twice a year, I still laugh at it.
I have more Christmas movies too that I watch like White Christmas, Holiday Inn and A Wonderful Life to name a few. I watch A Wonderful Life every year, Frankie doesn't like that one and doesn't understand how I can watch it every year..... same as me watching the 10 Commandments every year at Christmas, I also watch movies on D-day. 🤷‍♀️
Carol, I can't do the tea pots either anymore LOL my favorites are It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Grisly Rampage and Soaring over California.
Thank you all for the sweet comments on Elijah's stocking.
We may have leftover chicken and dumplings for supper.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”