Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:04 am

Good morning,

My sis arrives today. Since we missed her 80th birthday on Thanksgiving, I'm baking her a cake this morning and we have a few gifts for her. We'll be having a party tonite! Just the 6 of us! (we count our shelties as 2 of the party guests. :D Makes us sound a little more popular.)

Yesterday I got half of my 64 3x6 flying geese made for my River/Woods project. And the embroidered center panel with the wording is almost finished. Progress! Then we went to Autumn's and enjoyed brunch and tree. She is sick a lot and tires easily so we limit our visits to no more than 3 hours. So we were home by 3:30 and took a long walk with Scottie. Bill spent a few hours talking with the detective on Vicki's case and our friend, Doyle, who has keys to our house. Doyle is going to meet the detective there and give him our security camera recorder so he can use his high tech equipment to watch the video himself. Good thing - Bill's eyes were giving out. It takes a long time to watch several days of video!

TINA - did you get your stocking embroidered? When will you give it to Elijah? I'm not sure what the movie, Wakanda, is about. I'm much more of a comedy person. I love the Vacation movies (Christmas Vacation most of all) but also RV with Robin Williams is on top of my list. If it doesn't make me laugh, I'd rather sew.

CAROL - you already have Merry Christmas quilted? That was fast! I'm sure your nephew will love it. Thanks for your kind words. And for reminding me that there were better times with Vicki. Lots of campfires, birthday celebrations, dinners out, New Years Eve, and joint yard projects. She was such a good neighbor for a lot of years before her disease took over her personality. She was a very gifted healer. She did energy work and was extremely effective.

We are making supper for my sis and bil tonite. I expect they will arrive before 2pm so I want things prepared and ready to go. Orange chicken over white rice and asparagus. And cake. (white with choc frosting). No ice cream because there's no room in the freezer to keep it. She will have to make do with a gin and tonic instead. The girl's a coper. :lol: :lol:

What's on your menu for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 5th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:19 am

Good morning all!
Mary, happy birthday celebration night for your sis! What is her favorite cake? I see you're making yours πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
I did get Elijah's stocking embroidered and all finished, ready for delivery. I posted a pic in photos.
Wakanda is a Marvel movie, I'm a Marvel fan, I own all the movies! I love Christmas Vacation, The Santa Claus, Polar Express, Jingle All the Way, Home Alone 1&2, Dear Santa, Santa Chronicles.., tons of Christmas movies!! LOL and oh my goodness RV is the funniest movie, we laugh soooooooooo hard at that movie..... We picture Mom and Dad with some of those things that had happen, we have tears rolling down our faces from laughing at that one everytime we watch it!!!!
I better scoot, had a rough night from sitting for such a long movie and was up for a couple hours after taking ibuprofen so I'm running very late.
I'm making chicken and dumplings for supper.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:30 am

Tina, glad you found the pattern you needed and got the stocking finished. It sure is cute.

Mary, I bet you are happy your sister will be there today. Sounds like you had a good time with Autumn, even if it was cut short. Going through video is tiring. I used to look for stuff when I was working, but we usually had a shorter time span. Christmas Vacation is one of my favorites. I started watching it a few night ago, and was laughing the whole time.

Took my dad to the cemetery and grocery shopping. Now that I pretty much know what's on his list, it goes a little faster. I need to vacuum at some point today.

I got 3 more quilts out of my house over the weekend. 2 Christmas quilts that went to the kids and I sent one to my niece in NorCal. She should get it today. I sent here the Elephant quilt.

Dinner will be orange chicken and rice.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:32 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - Thank you for posting update on Becca. Please PM me her address.

You must be having so much fun seeing your sister and celebrating her birthday. Happy Birthday!!

Tina - Glad you enjoyed the movie, sorry you paid a pain price for it. Rest well today.

I went to Costco this morning and made Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have only baked a few cookies today. I will bake after dinner.

Lori - You moved those quilts along quickly.

I will be working on sewing the binding down to the back. My next year's New Year's Resolution will be to learn machine binding. I do not feel competent enough to use it for a gift.

I also will be working on quilting my 24-inch square challenge quilt. I need to work on the design.

I just picked up the new lenses for my glasses. I had to take them back and have them changed because my astigmatism had gotten worse in my right eye.

Dinner will be chicken with leftover baked potato.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:27 pm

I see we all had chicken in some way tonight and Holly is making chicken too LOL guess chicken was the popular food for tonight!
πŸ“πŸ₯🐀
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:18 pm

Well, I'm the odd man out on chicken. We're having ham, Aunt Sarah salad, aka, funeral potatoes and green beans. If Daniel is a good boy, I may make chocolate crepes with mint chocolate chip ice cream. A favorite of that boy.

Been busy today decorating. I have some boxes ready to go back and Daniel will be asked , more like begged, to bring up 3 or 4 for me. I have been hinting, but will be more direct, growling! LOL!

So sad for our Becca. And Mary too. It's a comfort to have old memories to draw upon.

Well, time to set a table, and glaze a ham. It's just a small one.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to β€œChit Chat”