Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:22 am

Good morning,

My sister made it to Texas! Yay! They will arrive here tomorrow in early afternoon. They've had a bit of a rough trip and will be happy to "set 'er down" for a month. Yesterday was laundry, grocery shopping, and chores. I think we have Christmas all sewn up now. Just waiting on the dollhouse nursery furniture. Then we can wrap. But wrapped gifts take way more space so we'll be putting that off for a while. We brought paper and gift bags from home. I also finished writing my memorial piece for my SIL and sent it off to my niece and to my two sisters. They are also trying to work on things of their own to share but didn't see Marge as much as I did.

Today we're going to Autumn's for brunch and tree decorating. That should be fun and to tell you the truth, we really need some fun. Our neighbor, Vicki, passed away but was only found yesterday afternoon. Family texted us and later detectives called us asking us to look through our security camera footage. I shared the story in Sew In so won't go into details here. Foul play isn't suspected but they, mostly family, want to know just when it happened. Between when she was last seen, Nov 26, and Dec 1, when it snowed. She was found in the backyard covered in snow. Cause of death was exposure. We were able to watch all the police activity last night through our cameras. It will be weird to go home and Vicki not be there. It's only been the last 7 years or so that she's been so mentally off. Before that she was our good friend and neighbor for over 30 years.

JANA - I bet quiet sounds good at your house about now! We love games, too, and Sorry is also our speed. I like Scattergories really well. The more people the better!

CAROL - Hope you got all your "other things" accomplished yesterday so you can sit down and start quilting today!

Anyway, on to supper - We have just enough leftover chicken alfredo for tonite. I'll make a salad and heat the alfredo and boom! Supper!

Got any ideas yet

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 4th

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:34 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, your day at Autumn's sounds wonderful!
Sorry to hear about Vicki.
I'll be working on quilting the stocking today and if I get it sewn all together after I'll call that extra progress LOL I also need to embroidery his name on the cuff. I'm hoping to get it finished in the next couple of days so we can deliver it!
We're going to the movies today to watch Wakanda and I think we'll have something at the little bar/restaurant for supper after.
Tina

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 4th

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:08 pm

Good Afternoon,

It is now time to start thinking about dinner. I will be putting in the baked potatoes in a few minutes and marinating chicken. I should also make the salad in a few minutes.

Maryz - So sorry for the loss of your friend, Vicky. Although she changed over time, I am sure you remember much happier times. You will miss her. You have had two losses this week. I am sorry for the loss you feel.

Hope you enjoyed the tree decorating with Autumn and Antonio today.

Tina - Hope you finished the stocking. You must have had fun with the GC. Now you are going to the movies. Fun!!

I have finished the final border of the Merry Christmas Quilt. I decided it will go to my nephew. I just need to put the binding on. I have it cut, but it needs to be pressed in half lengthwise. Well, I think I had better go take care of dinner preparations.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”