Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:48 am

Good morning,

We have some fog this morning and everything outside is dripping wet. It might have even rained a bit. Temp is 52 but going to about 70 this afternoon.

I should be able to finish my mug rugs today! Yay! I will post a picture when I'm done. Then I can get to the laundry and also do some cleaning in our little tin box, this afternoon or tomorrow.

My sister and dbil, Al and June (but she'll take your arm off if you call her June. She prefers Tina. She was given that nickname at age 18 when she joined the Navy boot camp because she was so tiny and now, at age 80 and not so tiny, she's not about to give up that name! :lol: ) are leaving CO even as I type. They will arrive here Monday afternoon. They will stay here parked next to us until we all leave, Jan 11. Their plan is to go home from here. Our plan is to go towards Houston to see Cindy and Sue, then maybe east into LA for a few days or maybe south to Brownsville for a week or two to see more Texas friends, or maybe both, before heading home in early Feb. Finally, we have a plan! of sorts.

TINA - did you get the stocking finished yesterday?

CAROL - did you get your hair cut? And is it purrfect? It always takes me a week or so to figure out what to do with haircuts. And I get them every two months and almost always the same cut. Go figure.

I've heard no more updates from BECCA. I'm sure she is sitting by CA's side. I'm so glad Denise and Marty were able to see him on Thanksgiving.

I got an update on IRISH. She has been sick, sick, sick. She had a TIA in October and since then has been in the hospital at least 5 times with heart and respiratory problems. She's had to be cardio-converted more than twice and finally received a diagnosis of A-fib. She's been sent home, with nurses, only to have to return to the hospital a few days later. She is home now but has Covid. She has been referred to a top tier cardiologist, is on new meds, and is hoping to start feeling better soon. And she asked me to tell you all 'hi'. She has really had a rough 6 months. But her son, Kevin (his wife, Cindy, passed away a few yrs ago), is having a second little granddaughter any day now. She's overdue. So some good news from her.

Since I started typing, my DBIL called and is talking to Bill now. His trailer fridge, which was working fine yesterday, has quit chilling. Plus high wind warnings are keeping them off the roads for a few more hours at least. So he and Bill will have a project to play with when they get here. (Tina and I do try to keep them busy with projects when we can) They will have to use their old Coleman cooler for their trip, though. It's always something.

Tonite's feast will be grilled teriyaki chicken and rice-a-roni. And salad. It will be warm enough to cook outside.

Thoughts on your feast for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 2nd

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:20 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, I think our temps will be 70 today also but unfortunately we have no rain. I'd like to request snow, I'd take snow any day! I'm ready for some snow!
Looking forward to seeing all those cute mug rugs. Does Autumn know you're finishing them now? Did she tell you if you received a package?
Safe travels for your sis and dbil.
You made me laugh! Did I finish the stocking πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I think your expectations of my speed of sewing is very very off! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ it's like making a little miniature quilt. I do have my strips all sewn together though. I won't be able to work on it because we have Jazmyne, Easton and Preston today because it's an inservice day for teachers and a day off for the kids. Plus my back only allows little bits of sewing at a time. I'm going to see if that chiropractor is open yet, I really need adjusted!
Becca, prayers, we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers πŸ™β€
Oh my goodness, our poor Irish! She's really been put through the ringer these past 6 months! Prayers and good and healing thoughts for you Irish! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
I made breakfast so gotta clean up the kitchen. I think we'll be playing games inside and we'll watch a Christmas movie and if it does warm up outside in time we might play a yard game or 2.
Supper, hmmmmmm..... oh I have leftover soup so that'll be supper. We're making the kids hotdogs on the grill for lunch.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:07 am

Mary, that's a lot of maybes of where you will go. So basically you'll know when you get there. lol

Tina, have fun with the kids today. I wish I could play games with you.

Sorry to hear Irish is having such a rough time. Hope she can recover and get back to her busy fun life again.

I traced some embroidery patterns on kitchen towel last night and started to stitch them up. I want to get a couple done for gifts. Will work on that a bit today. I didn't sleep well, so I'm going to need a nap at some point in the day.

Dinner will be enchiladas and spanish rice.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:48 pm

Good Evening,

Dinner hasn't gotten started but will be Fast Hash.

Maryz - Yes, my haircut is purrfect! I am so happy to have my haircut. On Wednesday I had a manicure. Funny thing happened. I called and got no answer, so I drove to the shop. It is a mile away. I had wanted to go on Tuesday but just couldn't get there. My manicurist is looking at her phone when I walk in and asks if I had called. (I always call and most of the time she says come in right now.) Yes, I responded, three times but your phone is not working. She had no one there and happily gave me my manicure. She also was anxiously trying to figure out who to call and was talking to her husband who also works there. They rely on the phone for their business. They were most happy I came in when I couldn't reach them.

So sorry to hear the news about Becca and Irish. Have you talked to Chickie?

Lori - Hope you got to nap and sleep better tonight.

Tina - Enjoy the time with your GK. I like to play games and DH does not.

It has been a drizzly day today. Not a good walking day so I went to the gym. I had a very good workout and used the back extension machines to help my back. I have finished the main portion of Merry Little Christmas and just have borders. I decided to clean my machines and when I looked on the side of my cutting table, I found three signed border blocks for the signature quilt. There was some ripping out and now I need to sew those into the border. I am just glad I found them now rather than later.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:25 pm

Waaay late for dinner! We had pizza and very ooey gooey sticky rice krispie treats.

It sleep over time at Jana's Zoo! I have never seen such energy from three little girls! They feed off each other!

In the morning, I'm making doughnut holes with choice of cinnamon sugar, plain or dipped in chocolate.

Kate and Aaron went to PD's Christmas party and Kate won a quick draw holster and a 40" TV. She's never won anything before -she's happy!

Enjoy the rest of the night!

Hugs,
Jana

Return to β€œChit Chat”