Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, December 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, December 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:56 am

Good morning,

December! It got here so fast! But I'm ready for it. I hope you all are, too.

Thank you all for sending thoughts and prayers for my brother and his family. He is coping.

Yesterday I worked on the ding dang mug rugs. And we went on yet another unplanned traipse but I still had a few afternoon hours to sew. I'm closing in on this project. I hope we don't have to go anywhere today. But our snowflake/star projector outside isn't working this morning, so Bill will check it out later. If he can't make it run, we might simply toss it or he might want a new one. So we'll see if that calls for another run someplace.

CAROL - that quilt is awesome! What a great memento of your time in office. and of everyone's appreciation for all you did. I love how you put it all together! Nice!! The corner blocks are the purrfect finishing touch. We both really like baked sweet potatoes, too, but all they have down here in TX is yams. And neither of us like yams. And if we ask for sweet potatoes at the store, they just look at us like we're crazy and point to the yams. There is a big difference.

LORI - I'm glad you were able to get all the right parts for your vacuum. Now, I suppose, you have to vacuum. yes, this sister in law had Alz. She was 86 yrs old. She was a neat person. Raised 6 kids, lost 2. Also fostered about 36. She was also a field editor for Taste of Home magazine. And lived in tiny North Pole, Alaska.

TINA - what you said about your ceiling fan is exactly why Bill hates IKEA. It's 60 miles away and we're 0 for 2 at buying things and finding parts missing or broken and having to return it. What a pain!

BECCA - I pray things are OK at your house.

Bill has requested delivery pizza for tonite. OK by me! And pizzas are usually big enough to feed us for two nights. Double OK by me!

What's sounding OK to you tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, December 1st

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:44 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, I don't think I could work on that many of the same thing as you are with those mug rugs. But finishing them will let you leave them with Autumn for her to store until next year 😊
Becca, praying everything is alright at your house.
Well I finished decorating yesterday and got all the laundry done, dust mopped floors and cleaned my sewing room! I get to go mess it up today doing Elijah's stocking! πŸŽ‰
I'm going to make Zuppa for supper, it's Dad's night so it'll be early.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:24 am

Good Morning,

Today I finally get my hair cut. I had a hair appointment for the week after I got back from vacation but had Covid. I got my hair slightly trimmed but it wasn't a very good cut. I return today to my regular stylist. I look forward to a good haircut today.

Maryz - Thank you for the kind words. Making 30 of anything is a project. Glad you see the end of the line. You need a short project you can finish quickly.

Tina - A clean house and decorating done! You are on a roll! Good for you! Enjoy the sewing time today. You deserve it.

Becca and Irish - Prayers said for both of you! Hope you will let us know how you are doing.

Today I am doing laundry and house cleaning in between I will work on quilting.

Carol

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:37 am

It's me again...

I just received an e-mail from Becca. I had a bad feeling . . .

Prayers needed.
We are at hospice House and he's in transition.
Pease pray for a peaceful Home going.
Love, Becca

I answered that I would post this immediately and assured her many prayers would be coming their way.
πŸ’”

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:14 am

Becca, I know this is the really hard part, but soon his pain will be gone. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. Big hug my friend.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:18 am

Hugs and prayers Becca β€πŸ™β€πŸ™

Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:31 am

Becca - Many hugs and prayers. So sorry to hear this news.

Return to β€œChit Chat”