Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Nov 25

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Nov 25

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:32 am

Good morning,

I hope everyone had a nice day yesterday. And I'm going to guess we're all having leftovers tonite! :lol: Autumn sent us home with a ton of leftovers. We had to remove the drinks from the fridge to fit them all in! And we did have a small turkey breast with all the trimmings. And the kids had tofurkey.

We had a nice time getting caught up with A & A. Autumn was so happy to see The Big Nativity Set come her way. I'll miss it, but since I'm with her for more Christmases than at home, I'll actually see it more often now. And she was almost as happy to see the grocery items come in that she requested we bring - all PNW products - that she can't get down here and has been craving. Plus a case of my homemade jam. RSV and Listeria are running rampant in TX right now as well as a sharp increase in Covid, so thankfully it was warm enough to sit outside in their large carport since it rained. They don't let anyone into their house without a mask. Antonio has some new lumber sitting in the carport for a project he's working on at his school. Bill was studying the stamped label on the 2x4's. Cowlitz Hampton. A lumber company up home, not far from my brother, Albert's house. And Autumn's cousin drives a log truck. He could possibly have been the one who hauled the logs to the mill that made those boards that are now in Aut's Texas garage! Small world.

Today's undertaking will be to take the unders to the laundry room. And lots more than that! We have two weeks of clothes plus sheets and towels. That should keep us busy for the morning. I might get out my sewing machine this afternoon and see what happens. Though I'm reading a book that's getting kind of good . . . .

BECCA - you only have 3 children? Are you sure ?? That must be why I could never remember the name of the fourth one! lol! You get a breather today before Denise comes tomorrow, right? And tomorrow is the turkey dinner if I remember correctly.

TINA - I know you had a happy, happy day yesterday! How are you doing today?

LORI - nice of you to cook an entire dinner for your dad and DB. I'm sure they appreciated it!

I received a text yesterday from IRISH. She has had a rough 6 weeks but didn't elaborate on that. Just said that yesterday was the due date for a new baby girl in their family but so far she was a no-show. I'm not sure who's having the baby though. She wanted to wish us all a happy Thanksgiving.

Tonite's supper is going to be - you guessed it - leftovers! Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn pudding, asparagus, rolls, and pumpkin pie. We'll be eating on this feast for a few days. And Aut kept half the leftovers for them!

So what are you doing today? and eating?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Nov 25

Post by Becca » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:39 am

Good morning everyone drizzle here Hope it’s a prettier day tomorrow
Maryz Marty & Estel were here yesterday We did enjoy their visit Although CA tried to sit up some & overdid then his pain was out of control last nite oh well Imsure he wants to see the children
So glad you finally got to Autumn I know you were all excited Hope she’s doing well
Our Carol is so far doing good
Lori That was very kind and loving to cook for Dad & DB
Tina I know you are tired Just rest
Jana I’m sure your feast was good & well attended
Irish Prayers for you to heal We miss you

I just got thru cleaning Bathrooms & will do more cleaning plus Laundry First thing I did was drain turkey from Brin soak & put in bag for tomorrow I have everything as ready as I can I look for ward to seeing Denise’s family & Im anxious to give Quilt to baby
Estel bought me a new kind of soup she loves I’m having that for lunch so no leftovers There’s no room in frig
Have a great day everyone Hugs Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:27 am

What are you reading Mary? I'm reading "The Personal Librarian." Glad you had a wonderful day with A & A.

My dad was very happy with his dinner. I didn't tell him I was making it, so it was a surprise. We had a wonderful meal and lovely visit with the kids yesterday. Jami missed, because she got covid. Her mom took food and dropped it at her front door.

Today will be chicken or ham something for dinner.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:14 am

Good Morning,

Between talking to my brother, doing a couple loads of laundry, making dinner rolls and sewing the last two rows together and onto the other three rows and quilted a bit then a walk I didn't post yesterday. However, dinner was wonderful, the President Blocks are together (now the borders) and I got some laundry finished. Today will be clean bathrooms, kitchen and dining room and a little more laundry. I slept in this morning so will keep this a bit short.

Maryz - I was thinking of Irish and wondering how she was doing. RSV is the reason I haven't seen my grand-nephew. Both my niece and my brother have sent me pictures and video. I forgot about the food you bought for Autumn. She must be so happy! You also must be so happy. Did you give her the Nutcracker quilts? Are they Christmas gifts?

Becca - Thanks for the rundown on your children. You must be anxious to see more family tomorrow.

Tina - You also must have enjoyed the day.

Lori - That was really nice to cook dinner for your dad and DB. Bet they were surprised! What were they planning to do for dinner?

Dinner tonight will be leftovers. I am looking forward to an easy meal.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:37 pm

Hi everyone!
Mary, sounds like yesterday was a wonderful day for you! I'm so happy for you. That's cool about the lumber. What book are you reading? I'm moving pretty slow today and just taking it easy. We're cold and windy.
Becca, sorry CA overdid and is in pain. That baby quilt will be loved and treasured!
Lori, your dad and mine sound alike, mine liked his food too yesterday but eating here yesterday was his second Thanksgiving meal, he ate at my older brothers house first.
Carol, you sure put those blocks into a quilt fast. I bet it's beautiful and all the hugs that went with it.
Jana, I bet you were super busy too yesterday but sooooo nice to be with everyone.
I haven't done much today, kinda overdid it yesterday but it was a great day!
Holly and the kids are here now and Dad will be here in a little bit for supper, we're having leftover ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans and all kinds of other stuff tonight. Tomorrow Kevin and his family are supposed to come back tomorrow to help decorate and Holly and the kids too and Kevin is going to make turkey tacos for all of us out of the leftover turkey.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”