Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Tuesday, October 4, 2022

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Quilter7

Supper Club - Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:59 am

Good Morning,

Last night's dinner was changed to leftovers as I had a 5:00 PM Zoom. Tonight I have a new recipe to try for Chicken Marsala. I bought the needed mushrooms yesterday.

I made the 10 Cup cookies last evening and and baking them now. I just tried one and I think they are a bit too sweet. I did add a half teaspoon of salt. Not sure why it wasn't in recipe. If I make it again I will cut the sugars to 3/4 cup.

I have now layered three placemats for Wheels on Meals. I selected the thread so will get to quilting in a little bit.

Lori - I need to work in the yard a bit too. I will wait until a bit later so the sun isn't shining on me directly.

Becca - Hope your BP is better today.

Hope all get to sew today with full bobbins!
Carol

auntjana

Re: Supper Club - Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Post by auntjana » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:23 am

Good afternoon!

Finished the run to Costco and the other grocery store next door. I needed laundry soap for dark colors. Karlie has several skirts and jumpers that are dark navy blue for her school uniform and I have some black tops and jeans. I did get the little tree for the front porch to decorate the porch for Christmas. I now have 4 trees for this house. I have a tall wooden Santa that will go with the new tree on the porch. As we are redoing the front yard, they are adding electrical runs under the walks, just so I can decorate out there. My kids call me a cross between Tim, the Toolman Taylor, from Home Improvement and Martha Stewart. I have overloaded a very large transformer that Michael brought home from work- put it in flames one year. Michael makes me behave now and he checks the loads on the electricity .

Since it's National Taco Day, we will observe that and have tacos.

Not much else going on here. Heading down to play in my Batt Cave. I also need to post to Quicken what we spent.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:00 pm

Carol, I reduce sugar on most recipes. It seem a bit excessive sometimes.

Jana, that's a good mix, Tim and Martha. lol

Got my grocery shopping done. I went up and helped dad pay his bills. He seems to be getting more confused these days. He's 90. Now to figure out where to go to lunch.

Probably just cereal for dinner. Going out to lunch is usually filling.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:17 pm

Hello everyone sunny here & lovely I went to town early today I had a return so wanted early start Got groceries & banking done
The EMT & the RN from Hospice has come today so that’s over for the week
His lungs wasn’t as good today And his blood work was off too Med needs tweaking
I was so disappointed I went upstairs yesterday to go thru my embroidery patterns for baby patterns Wouldn’t you know I donated them last year thinking there will be no more babies So I ordered one Got a refund today that irbid out of stock It was an Aunt Martha’s animal one I will have to shop again Was hoping to get going on them another delay
Lori We were typing at same time Yes Going out is usually too much You are great to help Dad out
Carol Some times we have to have a hurry up meal
Jana Sure hope your sons hand will heal And the job works out satisfactory for your DIL
CA wanted a hot dog so zi found them Came home & made cole slaw He loves it on them And we had chips & grapes
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:27 pm

Hi everyone 😊
Carol, most baked goods are too sweet for me but I never thought to reduce the sugar LOL thanks for that tip.
Jana, I need lots of plugins scattered around too, I'm Chevy Chase from Christmas Vacation LOL
Lori, if I had my choice I'd probably eat cereal for supper very very often.
Becca, I hope you find the perfect pattern and it's in stock.
I'm going to make gorditas for supper.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”