Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:57 am

Good morning,

The last day of Sept! The summer sure went fast! Before you know it, we'll all be sitting under our Christmas trees! This morning I am having a bonus chiropractor appt for my bad hip (I sound just like my mom there!), then on to a regular dr appt (just BP check). After that - who knows! Yesterday I cleaned house. Today I should do our master bath, I guess. And vacuum my sewing room. Bill said he did it yesterday but looking at the rug in there, I think he probably lied.

LORI - your house is full up! But what great walking partners you have! I feel sorry for people who don't have a dog to walk with them. I know two other dogs named Koda. And our late kitty was also Hunny Bunny.

TINA - I'm so sorry to hear bad news about your dad. Bone ca is a rough one. Will say a few extra prayers for him. Nice that you were invited along dress-shopping for Jazmyne! What a fun girl outing that had to be. You needed some fun!

JANA - I don't blame Lila for wanting one of those princess outfits. I can hardly resist them myself! I would have been begging Michael to buy me one, too! Glad Sarah is getting the kitchen she wants. But it's a rough way to go about it!

CAROL - sorry about the low energy day. I kind of was, too, and just pooped out halfway through the vacuuming and simply quit for the day and left that and dinner to Bill. Hopefully today will be a new day for both of us! Yes, we had a wet day here - some actual rain for about 45 min. And then off/on drizzle after that. It was glorious! We will be back to 80* this coming weekend and into early next week. We're breaking more weather records here. Last night's dinner was grilled chicken burgers and salad.

BECCA - I wouldn't like that many appts/errands all in one day either. That being said, today will be walk, chiro, dr (both of us), mail, and we'll be home before noon. Everything is within 2 miles of our house, which makes it so nice. Do you know, I've never tasted okra? Except once - in TX, having lunch with Cindy. She ordered deep fried okra and gave me a little piece. All I tasted was breading, which I liked. :D
We discussed tonite's supper and have decided on grilled pork chops and rice and salad.
What are you deciding on?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 30th

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:15 am

Good morning all!
Mary, my hip is bothering me too.... I need an adjustment.... Wishful thinking on my part though.
Thank you for the extra prayers for Dad. ❤️
It's nice and cool here this morning and our high will be 82 to today.
I'm going to make chicken fried steaks in the oven, rice, brown gravy and green beans for supper.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:54 am

Hello everyone sunny here We are to get our rain & wind starting in evening Hope we get missed I talked to Keith this morning They-were getting hard rain and wind
Tina Prayers for your Dad & for you too Glad you had a fun shopping trip I was smiling about Mom & Daughter having different ideas

I got my laundry done dishes done CA showered & made our lunch I made chicken tenders grilled & green beans
CA had cookies

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:31 am

Tina, so sorry to hear about your dad. Glad you got to go shopping.

Becca, enjoy the sunshine before the storm. Hope you don't get hit too hard.

Mary, me too. Walking without a dog would be so boring. Well her full name is Hunny Bunny Baby Boo.
lol I call her Miss Bunny.

Jana, bummer you didn't get the extras. Maybe next trip.

Carol, hope you have more pep in you step today. Low energy is no fun, but a good excuse to take a nap.

Dinner will be fish. I'll go get some fresh halibut and make some rice and a veggie.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:11 pm

Good Afternoon,

Thinking of all in the storm's path and saying prayers all are safe.

I feel much better today. Finished Laundry today and got bathrooms clean, bedroom clean, kitchen and dining room floors clean. House is much cleaner!

Dinner is cooking. Linguini and Meat Sauce with a side salad.

Becca - Hope you do not get flooded.

Lori - Thank you for well wishes. Covid really isn't fun!

Tina - So happy you got to go dress shopping! That must have been a fun experience.

Maryz - Hope hip feels better after this trip to chiropractor and your BP is where it should be today.

Jana - Your new rug sounds really nice for the holidays.

Have a great evening.
Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”