Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 29

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:27 am

Good morning,

We actually had some real rain yesterday. Not heavy, but still more than a drizzle! Our brown grass loved it! And I think the yard bunnies did, too!

Yesterday was a mish-mash of activities and chores. I went through some Christmas stuff and chose clothes, dishtowels, a few decorations that will go to Texas with us. Washed what needed it and it's all packed in a wash basket, waiting to go into the trailer after we get back from camping next week. Then I started getting everything together to take in the trailer to make 30 FPP Elf Mug Rugs for Autumn's staff. This project will ultimately be for next year, but I'm going to start working on them THIS year. Did you see the part where she said THIRTY?? With my machine in the shop, I'm feeling kind of lost - not sure what I should be doing with my time! lol!

BECCA - You are having a busy week with errands. Too bad they can't be all condensed into one day but then that might be exhausting. Who stays with CA when you have to go to town? The weather channel modules show a lot of rain headed your way from Ian. I hope that's all you get and no wind.

LORI - I didn't realize your son had a DSD. How old is she? And you get the dogs. I'm sure you have no complaints about that! :D We did our tacos differently. Our tortillas were frozen so we ended up piling all the fillings on top of a small pile of tortilla chips. I liked it better! I guess we had a taco salad.

We are still kicking around our supper options here. I think we'll have chicken burgers and salad, but we do reserve the right to change our minds! lol!

What kind of menu is on your mind?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 29

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:10 am

Hello everyone sunny here but rain & wind is predicted for tomorrow I’m hoping not We are to get rain for 4 days I feel for all those affected by The Storm I think it hit Fl hard

Maryz I used to do them all in a day but it’s gets my BP rising if I’m afraid I will miss an appt It’s hard to know how much time to allow plus my Allergist only comes on Monday and Thursday and my hair cut was already set so I just left it Will try to do better next time
CA has a neighbor that will come plus you can get a volunteer from Hospice if I have to
Marty & Estel come Saturday Marty has to take bed down for hospital bed
I got to visit with Bethany at Bakery this morning She’s a sweetheart
I made a hamburger for CA I had black eyed peas & okra I love veggies. Becca
Also goodies from Beths bakery

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:16 am

Mary, she is 23. She's going to the university in Salt Lake City. She's the one that actually make a few quilts on her own. She likes to sew, just doesn't have much time between work and school right now. And yes I have the girls. They are sad their dad is gone, but I'm #2. So they will be okay. A couple extra treats here and there. I had taco salad for lunch yesterday. It was yummy.

I got all the dogs walked. Jack and Wrigley, then Koda and Hunny Bunny. Cleaned up the kitchen, now I need to get cleaned up. I will work on the Holli Berry quilt today. The stars are done, just need to make the trees.

I think we might do a late lunch today. Bill is playing golf, so when he gets home we'll find a place to eat. That means not cooking dinner for me.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:40 am

Hi everyone!
Well Dad went for his dr's appointment yesterday, not good news. His cancer has spread to his jar and knee, he already had it in his rib and back and it's all from thre prostrate cancer. His dr is pretty upset about it and so is Dad. He has to go in to the hospital here and get a bunch of things done. I'll keep you posted. They have to figure out what to do, this will all take awhile.
Mary, glad you finally got some rain! What you called taco salad we call nachos LOL our taco salad is a flour tortilla in the shape of a bowl, I bake mine but most deep fry them and then you put all the taco fillings in and eat it all up! Yum!
Lori, I've made 4 Christmas quilts, 2 king and 2 queen. I need to make 4 twin and another queen oh and a full size still. My cousin wants me to make him a king, I'll see if I can find the time 🤞 but I don't think it'll be anytime soon.
Becca, errands wear me out too. I'm glad you have someone to stay with CA while you go.
Carol, you're welcome. We were 54° this morning and are going to 82° today.
Jana, 100 fingers, that's a lot of fingerprints LOL I'd be doing there same thing, 40 fingers here is a lot for me LOL soon it'll be 50 when Elijah gets bigger. But fun ❤
I worked on Elf business yesterday and then after school got to tag along with Holly and Jazmyne to dress shop in Las Cruces. Jazmyne's Homecoming is Saturday so she needed a dress, bra and shoes. She ended up with 2 dresses, 1 green short one for Homecoming and a long beautiful black one for Winter ball. She'll need a backless bra for Winter Ball but we have time to find one for her. I laughed so hard and her shopping, Holly has totally different taste in shoes than Jazmyne, it was too funny. We got back home just after 9, I was beat but a happy beat.
Supper might be red enchilada here.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:36 pm

Good afternoon!

A short minute here. In-between getting Ethan and then Gracie from their schools. Ethan is on a field trip, up to a concert. Lila is just playing here until they get home. We made a run to Winco and Costco. Lila tried everything she could do to talk Grandpa into everything at Costco. Especially the princess costumes.. she didn't succeed. I did get a new Christmas throw rug - a red truck and tree for the front door. Tried for the tree for the front porch, I didn't succeed either.

Dinner -found some yummy looking flat bread pizzas at Winco to try. A nice salad too. Dinner will be a breeze.

The kitchen saga continues. The remediation company was pushing hard for Sarah to rip out and use them. Finally the adjustor talked to her and we are going to use our known and trusted handy man, Tim. Sarah will replace her cabinets with him. Tim will carefully remove them and in trade for installing the new ones, take the old, still in great condition and refurbish them for another client. Sarah will get all the cabinets just the way she wants. The insurance is paying for the floor and probably part of the cost of the damaged cabinet. Sarah has been wanting to change some of cabinets, and she has saved the money, so she will now.

Not much else here,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:42 pm

Good Evening,

Dinner tonight was Chicken Pot Pie.

I am low on energy today. I pinned a few flying geese together so think I will sew them this evening.

Tina - Prayers being said for your Dad. I am so sorry.

Jana - Where did Ethan go on the field trip?

Lori - Sounds like you had a double walk, or do you take each set of dogs on only a half walk? Enjoy your dinner out.

Becca - I agree about not doing too many appointments on one day. I would be nervous about get from one to the next.

Maryz - Did you say you are getting rain? What did you decide on today for dinner?

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”