Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 27th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 27th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:45 am

Good morning,

We've been having a run of beautiful weather the last few days. Today will be nice, too - 74*. Though rain is moving in tomorrow and thank heaven for it! I hope they mean it! Our lush green vegetation isn't so lush or green after this long hot dry summer. Except for a short shower a month ago, we haven't had any rain for 3 months.

Yesterday I wrapped up a few short sewing projects and also squared up all my Christmas swap blocks, chose and cut sashing and borders, and have it all packed into a small tote, ready to take along camping just in case the mood strikes. (My travel machine, "Stitch", lives in the trailer in the summer.) But I suspect I'll bring this project back home again, as is. I'm ready for a break. And I think my main machine, "Chip", is ready for a rest, too. Since we'll be camping, it's the ideal time. Bill always goes along to the Quality Sew 'n' Vac store to do the heavy lifting. And he always tempts me with their new machines. I kind of think that at 4 yrs old TODAY! (I just checked! Happy Birthday, Chip!) it's still sort of new. But if he keeps nagging me, I might give in - just to make him happy, you know?

BECCA - maybe the rain you had was from the remnants of Fiona. That's what our news said, anyway, but you never know - the news isn't the most accurate source for news any more. I hope Ian leaves you and everyone else alone. Did you say that the baby on the way is going to be an old fashioned gender surprise? Or is it that they just too early to know yet? Have you come up with some good ideas yet? I suppose traditional baby patterns night work - animals, toys, Peter Rabbit, etc. I'm guessing you are thinking embroidered blocks? I don't think I have any appropriate patterns but I'll keep my eye out if you like.

TINA - that's a great cookie recipe. Thx! I often make my cookies just about like that but didn't know there was a real recipe.

JANA - I never thought about it like that but you DO have 100 little fingers in your crowd, don't you! πŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈπŸ–οΈ lol!

CAROL - oh my! That Modern Migration is quite a project! That should keep you busy and off the streets for quite a while! lol! What a purrfect name for that pattern!

We are due for new food tonite. All the leftovers are gone! I think in honor of it being Tuesday, tacos will be in order. Cooking has become a challenge here. Bill's elevated potassium levels are crimping my style. It seems all the healthy food is loaded with postassium. Plus, for some reason the doc told Skinny Bill he needs to lose 20#, so he's not eating a lot of anything that I cook. Yet, she never said a word to chubby little me. And all the low potassium foods are chubby-makers! I'm trying to cook only half of what I usually make and use foods to suit his new diet. Arghh... But tacos should be OK for tonite for both of us if we're careful.

What are you thinking about making for tonite?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 27th

Post by zfatcat » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:13 am

Mary, your weather sounds wonderful. I wish we would get some rain. I put my Christmas blocks away for now. I put them with the other 3 years of blocks. I really need to focus on getting some of those sewn together. Maybe next month.

Carol, I like that quilt pattern. What colors will you use? Solids or prints?

Tina, yay for rain. You've had some nice rain this year. I'm still waiting.

I went to Santa Barbara with some friends over the weekend. There was a quilt show put on the a local guild, so we made a trip of it. The weather was prefect. We had a really nice time just walking around, shopping, and eating. We stopped on Roxanne's quilt shop in Carpentaria on the way home. She is trying to sell her shop. She said she will close at the end of the year to retire after 40+ years. It's such a cute shop. I bought a few little items, and a bit of fabric.

Today I need to straighten up my sewing room again, and see what I can get into.

Dinner will be chili.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:15 pm

Good Afternoon,

Lori - I am using red, orange, gold and yellow on a white background. I will only be making a 24" square. I have all of the flying geese sewn and just need to put them together. I am working on the place in the quilt where the larger geese intersect with the smaller geese. It should be fun.

Maryz - A new machine? Mine is about 14 years old and I don't think I am ready for a new one yet. However, it might be fun to look.

Tonight's dinner will be chicken.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:40 pm

Hello everyone sunny here & Fall has arrived We we’re in30s this morning Ibhad a busy day Got my 2 mile walk in at Park so peaceful Then got my hair cut Come home made lunch Then RN come for visit
I got some chores done between the visit and lunch Now that she’s gone I did more chores
Maryz I got a very nice package in mail today Thank you for thinking of me
I hope you get to enjoy this trip with no sickness Everyone seems to get sick on their trip

Carol If I had a machine I loved & it worked good I would hang on to it

Lori Quilt shows are such fun especially with friends

We will have a light meal tonite Maybe breakfast I go to Dr in the morning early for Wellness checkup then pick up meds & groceries just a few things then DG
Becca

Return to β€œChit Chat”