Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:44 am

Good morning,

I was awake early - about 3:30 - and finally got up at 4am. I like an early start to the day but I prefer my early starts to start not so early! We're supposed to be about 82* this afternoon. Nice! 8-) But we're to have rain by about Thursday so I plan to savor this day. Going to wash sheets and hang them out. Switching to the flannels today.

Yesterday was scrap play. Plus I put binding on the motorcycle quilt. Today I'll make and attach a label to it. I have a wee bit of sewing left to do and then I'm taking my machine in to the Bernie spa towards the end of the week so I think I'll stick to the sewing room today and try to get everything finished. We leave for camping on Saturday - just for 5 nights. It was going to be 4 nights but now we're leaving a day early to stop halfway and visit Bill's sister and DBIL. I am ready for a break in the sewing action around here. I'm just taking books, cross-stitch, Dominoes, and wine. 📚🪡🍷 :D We also do a lot of walking/hiking in the campground, the trails, and the beach.

TINA - Glad they got the AC fixed. I hope it's a good fix. I hope they get everything else fixed soon, too. Keep bugging them! 10 cup cookies? Never heard of them, but I'm going to guess it's a recipe where you add 1 cup of 10 different things? Sugar, flour, butter, choc chips, nuts, Craisins, coconut, peanut butter, dried apricots, and butterscotch chips. There! That's 10 things.

BECCA - wow! You will be down into the 30's! Brr... We've only been into low to mid 50's at night but we're having to use the bed warmer some nights, hence the flannel sheets are going on. Did you feel much effect from Fiona? And do you think parts of Ian will come your way?

CAROL - what is your 24" project? Those are some tiny geese! But you are giving me some ideas of what to do with my leftover Nutcracker scraps. . . I hope you come up negative soon. Are you feeling OK?

JANA - Even I can't shop my pantry lately! Unless I'm looking for rice or beans! lol! Maybe I'll take a swing through yours! Gosh, Karlie sure was into the mischief! Hope today is a better day for all of you!

I did figure out "pork fried noodles". I saute'd diced pork, celery, carrots, onions, and garlic in olive oil. Seasoned heavily with lemon pepper and tossed in a few red pepper flakes. I added cooked spaghetti noodles and a bit more olive oil. It was delicious! Bill really liked it. So I hope I can remember it again for next time we have leftover pork roast. I like to make hash or pasties out of leftover beef roast.

Tonight - we'll have the last of that pork dish. Tomorrow - new food, whatever that will be. It's also time to start figuring out camp meals. They are sometimes easier than home meals.

What's your plan?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 26

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:17 am

Hello everyone sunny here today We had winds yesterday Turned my Hugh plant at door over Parts got broken off

Maryz No we haven’t had any effects of storms only rain Hope not on this one also Feel forall those at the coast My niece lives on an Island there I never want to be near water
I’m sure you will come up with something for the fabrics use

In bed at night I lay there & plan my baby quilt I hope it comes together one day It would help knowing if it’s a boy or girl Everything I think of is for a boy
Got walk in Now on to doing some yard work while sheets wash.
We have spaghetti left Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:53 am

Hi everyone!
I'm running a little late, we had to do a grocery run for Dad and Walmart was out of his dog food for his 21½ year old doggy. So we went to Tractor Supply for her food. I don't think she'll make it through this winter, her arthritis is pretty bad.
Mary, you get so much sewing done, I feel like a slacker LOL
I disassembled my machine early this morning and cleaned it really good and oiled it and put a new needle in, I'm ready to sew! Even sewed a little this morning.
Had to go shut windows, it started raining yay!
Becca, I love spaghetti, it's one of my favorites especially with garlic bread 😊 glad you aren't getting worse storms, sorry about your plant getting broken.
Carol, I found the 10 cup cookie recipe online I think...1 c softened butter, 1 c peanut butter, 1 c sugar, 1 c packed brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 c all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, 1 c semi sweet chocolate chips, 1 c quick- cooking oats, 1 c sweetened shredded coconut, 1 c chopped pecans or walnuts and 1 c raisins or craisins.
Oven at 350°
Cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars well, then beat in the eggs. Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder gradually to the creamed mixture. Then stir in chocolate chips, oats, coconut, pecans and raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoons 3" apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Jana, Holly and Jazmyne are always shopping in my pantry too. Jazmyne says I buy better stuff than her mom LOL.
We're going to have the rest of the leftover beans and I'll make some cornbread tonight to go with them.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:59 pm

Good afternoon!

My kitchen is finally back in order. Surprising what 100 little fingers, 20 hands, and 10 thirsty grands can do in there! This weekend I'll be ahead of them with my water containers out and filled with paper cups and a marker next to them. There will be a sign on the cabinet door with the glasses and plates that says, touch, use and you'll be in big trouble!

Dinner- I have a new nacho cheese sauce I want to try, so we'll have my outrageous, courageous nachos for dinner. Outrageous because of all the toppings and courageous to get the bite in your mouth with out spilling!

Now the Sarah saga - the insurance wants the remediation done now, meaning her kitchen is torn up, but first a appliance repair guy has to determine that the refrigerator broke and was the problem, before they will pay for the damage. So she is now fighting with them.

Time to scoot, we have some errands to be run,

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:10 pm

Good Afternoon,

Dinner tonight will be going in the oven in just a few minutes - Stuffed Pepper Casserole with a side of salad.

Jana - Mary had a great suggestion of putting down a tarp. Yes, I bet you do need some rules with ten grands! Maybe they need recyclable water bottles or colored glasses? Lila has some real competition in misbehavior, doesn't she?

Becca - Hopefully you will not get any of the storm coming up the coast of Floriday. Sounds like lots of rain.

Tina - Thank you for the recipe. It sounds really good. I have been wanting to bake. Other parts of So. California are broiling, but we have had a wonderful breeze the past few days and have been quite comfortable. Maybe by the weekend I will feel like baking bread or cookies.

Maryz - The book is "Modern Migration" designed by Sue Bouchard and printed by QIAD I am using as an inspiration for my Challenge Quilt. I have never felt really sick with Covid. It is not as bad as a cold. I am just really tired. We contacted our doctor today. He thought we had rebound Covid and will be sick another week to ten days. Ugg! I changed my hair cut appointment until October 5th. I have Jury Duty starting October 10th so I cannot schedule anything that week.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”