Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 18

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:30 am

Good morning,

Sorry, I never made it here yesterday. I always do my "computering" first thing in the morning, but with four extra people here my mornings are a bit more hectic. And my days are even fuller! I seem to be spending all my time making coffee, meals, drinks, or cleaning up from same. I love my sisters but they aren't much into helping. Today we girls are going for mani/pedi's and tonite my younger grandson, Alec, is coming to see his aunts and uncles. I am going to try Tina's Philly cheese steak sandwiches for supper. Not being much of a beef eater, I'm not sure they'll be my thing, but this crowd is all in when it comes to beef. Tomorrow night, we will be a group of 11 and we're going to go get take'n'bake pizzas. Our friends, Tex & Annette, and Doyle & Susie are coming over along with my SIL, Terry. It's too warm for a fire but we'll probably be outside sitting around the cold firepit anyway.

JANA - I was so sorry to read about Scott. Your family must be in shock but I can think of no better family to belong to at a time like this than yours. God bless you all.

BECCA - I'm not sure what the dehumidifier is that you need a technician to install it. I'm glad to hear CA was asking for a specific food - and a hamburger and fries is pretty substantial.

TINA - thank you for setting the table yesterday. I hope you are feeling better soon. Nice that Frankie is so helpful in the kitchen. Happy birthday to little Matthew. Is he 4?

LORI - did you win any ribbons for your quilt? Bowling sounds fun. I haven't done it in many years. I used to bowl on leagues and still have my ball and shoes. I wonder what the shoes look like now after 45 years of sitting in the bag . . . .

I hope Irish is recovered from her Lyme's disease and had a happy birthday. I know Kathy was visiting.

Well, I already shared my menu of Philly cheese steak sandwiches. I'll make a salad, too, and others are bringing appetizers and desserts. And we are using paper plates. Thank goodness Bill put the old dishwasher back in place, since our new one was supposed to arrive yesterday but has been postponed yet another month. I am running it every day, sometimes twice. It's making a funny noise but it's working.

What are you planning for your supper tonite.

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 18

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:52 pm

Hi everyone!
I think my "friend" has finally left. I'm sore but haven't had that excruciating pain today. 🎉 I even got to sew today! I'm a happy camper ❤
Mary, Matthew just turned 5 LOL time is sure zooming by huh.
I bet you're having so much fun! Enjoy!!
Frankie is going to grill burgers and we have salad. I'm scared to eat salad right now.... that's one of the things it says can cause kidney stones or you shouldn't eat when you have one. Maybe I'll have something else with my burger.......🤔 I don't eat burgers on a bun,
just cut up on my plate.... I'm not really hungry much anyways.
We've been getting rain 🤩 we didn't need to use the AC yesterday or today. It is a tad warm at 82° right now though.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:09 pm

Mary, sounds like you are busy with your company. My bowling shoes where in the bag over 30 years and they are just like new. We bought the really nice ones and it was worth it. I have my own ball as well with a hot pink bag. I've only bowled a few times this year and I'm not very good. Maybe more practice is needed.

Tina, so glad to hear you finally got rid of that nasty little thing and you're feeling better.

I was sewing all day with my friendship group. I got lotto blocks made a few Christmas swap blocks as well.

Dinner was Chili.

Sleep well my quilty friends.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:13 pm

Maryz - Glad you are having fun but hope your sisters will help a little more in the kitchen.

Tina - So happy to hear you are feeling better.

Lori - Glad you had a productive day! I have a hot pink bowling bag as well and I have my own ball. I would need to look in the bag to see if we bought shoes. I do not remember.

Becca - Glad to see you and that your DH is eating better.

Today we had marinated Grilled Chicken for dinner.

I am not sure what I really accomplished today however I did sew. I am working on those stars, Mary inspired.
Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”