Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Aug 16th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Aug 16th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:11 am

[flash=]Good morning!

We are sure a lot darker in the mornings now. We've lost at least an hour of daylight at each end of the day. And we're not even to the fall equinox!

Al & Tina arrived about 1:30 yesterday afternoon. We got them settled, did our visiting, had lasagna for supper, and then settled in to watch TV out on the deck. They live their lives much like we do so they fit in well. Things will get livelier when Gene & Teese arrive today.

I was ready for them. My lasagna and blackberry crisp turned out to be just about the best I ever made. What a fluke that was! I'm freezing the rest of the lasagna to take camping with us. The guys are going to the airport this morning to get the flyer-inners. Tina and I will take a quick run to Michaels (2 miles away) to look for plastic spiders to put all over our trailer for Gene to find. Because that's the kind of little sisters we are. He HATES spiders!

We have no plans for the rest of the day - just get caught up with each other and BBQ this evening.

CAROL - you will be quite the internet star! We can say we knew you back when . . . . :D With all that's going on around here I'm not sure I'll be able to catch your interview.

BECCA - how nice to see your DB! I'm sure that was a treat for you. Safe travels to Mark and Denise. So they have family in VT or were they just 'tripping'?

JANA - quite the adventure at your house! Nice to have your own EMS standing by for family gatherings! lol! I saw that Kimberbell bench pattern of pies and thought of you. I was figuring it would be in your pattern stash before too long. We will be leaving for Texas on/about Nov 11th. We will arrive in Austin Nov 23, the day before Thanksgiving. We have reservations for that park until Jan 11th (so we can stay for Autumn's Jan 10th birthday), and then probably go 400 miles further south for 2 more weeks to visit friends. Then back home by approx Feb 6~ish.

IRISH - I hope you'll stop by -HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you're feeling well enough to celebrate. You are probably off carousing somewhere with Kathy and will be back in recovery mode after she goes home again! lol!

Well, I gave away my menu already - The guys like steak so we're grilling rib-eyes tonite with twice baked potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, salad, garlic bread, blackberry crisp, and vanilla ice cream. Whew!

Hope your supper is delish![/flash]

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Aug 16th

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:22 am

Good morning everyone! Sorry I've been MIA lately, I've been feeling horrible.... I've got a bad bad kidney stone. It's made me cry, taken my breath away and had me sleeping a lot from the pain. I thought I was better Sunday so we went to Matthew's birthday.... oh my did I have a set back. I feel like I'll get through this this morning 🙏
We've been eating as simple as possible so nothing great going on in ways of meals here. Frankie has been keeping up with the dishes so that's a huge help to me, it bothers me to have dirty dishes when I go to bed so he's been doing the dishes for the day and cleaning the kitchen at bedtime ❤
Mary, sounds like you'll be having some fun family time, enjoy! Looking forward to seeing what quilt Autumn has in mind.
Jana, I didn't hear the boom.
Happy Birthday Irish!
Carol, I hope I can catch your interview.
Becca, so glad you've got family in and out to be checking in with ❤
I have no idea about supper, I don't have much of an appetite so we'll see how I feel by then.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:11 pm

Hello everyone partly cloudy with rain tomorrow It’s been a very busy day After getting CA settled I headed to town for new dehumidifier & groceries Then home to make lunch Then mopped basement with vinegar and warm water Then did all the things I do to get him ready for night
Got dehumidifier unloaded & placed in basement ready to be hooked up tomorrow
Alex called me a little while ago He was going to send one of his technicians over with one to install it for me Sure wish he told me sooner Oh well it’s done now

Tina I’m so sorry about your stone Denise had surgery with a really bad one & she sticks to her diet rigid Dr told her no other human would do what she does But she never wants another one
Get well soon I hope

Maryz Party on Will Denise’s DS lives in NY He bought a house in Mtns of Vermont so they visited It’s a weekend place to go Very pretty

Oh I made CA a burger & fries at his request I had salad
Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:46 pm

I have a Guild meeting tonight. The speaker will be talking about what to do with panels.

Dinner is Pasta and meat sauce with a side of salad.

Forgive me I must run.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”