Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 15th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 15th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:11 am

Good morning,

We are 58* this morning, going to 81*. Exactly the same as Lyn in Estes Park. We're weather twins. My older sister and her DH arrive in their fifth-wheel trailer this afternoon (Al & Tina). Teese & Gene both fly in tomorrow morning from Colorado and Alaska. It's starting . . . . Today I'll do a few last minute uglies, one load of wash, and make a lasagna for tonite's supper. Yesterday I pieced backing for my Autumn Jewels and made the binding for it. But it won't get quilted until some time in Sept. We be busy. I also got my sewing room almost cleaned - a little more to do in there. I'm sorting/folding/stashing a pile of fabric my neighbor gave me when she cleaned her craft room a few weeks ago. Autumn texted me that she wants me to make TWO quilts with a Nutcracker Suite theme. And she has sent me Nutcracker fabric. She wants traditional quilt blocks made from coordinating fabrics and then to use the fabric she is sending as the backing. I have no idea how much yardage, but guess I'll find out soon. So, most likely, that will be my next project(s) after all the family hits the road (or skies) for home.

JANA - No, my sis said they didn't hear the boom from Rock Springs, WY. But then, she doesn't hear a lot of stuff. . I hope your crockpot is OK. That sounds like something I'd do!

BECCA - I'm glad you had an easier night. Sounds like you are cooking your corn just like our friends just showed us. Only they sliced off the end, cutting through all the shucks and then just pushed the cob right out. No actual shucking. And here I've been thinking how smart I was to shuck and then microwave.

CAROL - yay! Your table is done! You'll be enjoying it for a long time. What a great gift! I'm making traditional lasagna. I'm using ground sirloin in the marinara sauce. I don't care much for sausage. My secret ingredient in my pasta sauce is a pinch of cinnamon. Just a pinch. and now it's no longer a secret!

So now you know my menu and my secret! Lasagna, salad, and garlic bread. And I picked blackberries yesterday and made a batch of jam, but had enough left over for blackberry crisp and I'll serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

What's your plan?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 15th

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:04 am

Good morning!

I posted yesterday's excitement over in Sew ins. Scott is doing fine this morning.

We have a few leftovers and they will be turned into tonight's meal. I made a recipe, steak bites, in my crockpot that turned out very yummy. It's just round steak cut into small bite size pieces, beef stock, about a cup, a onion diced, and 2 or 3 cloves of garlic minced. Dump altogether in crockpot for 6-8 hours on low. Now, because Sandee is gluten intolerant, I didn't thicken the liquid, but will when I make it again. I could have used cornstarch, but wanted to be careful. It is now one of those dishes that Mikey likes! I used about 3 pounds of round steak and it feed all twenty two of us with a bit leftover. A chuck roast would work too. Oh, I cut the meat into about 3/4 inch cubes, maybe smaller.

Sarah called and asked me what's the best day of the year is, of course I knew the answer - the first day of school! It will be quiet here too. That is until around 4 pm. I will be sandwiching my Halloween pillow today.. I saw on QIAD sale ad today, a pre order for a new bench pillow,, with pies,, etc. Tempting, so I am thinking....... if the fabric kit was there too, it would be even harder!

Mary - the fun begins! Hope the plane flights all work and no cancelations by the airlines. When are you planning to head to Texas this year?

Aaron, Kate and the little girls leave Sunday for Florida. We are driving them to the airport for their flight. We need to be there at 5 am. Drop them off and come home for a nap before church! The little girls still don't know about Disney World.

Well it's time to attempt at usefulness,

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:20 pm

Hello everyone cooler here mostly sun with clouds I’m enjoying my porch for a few minutes I love looking at the mts & clouds
I got some weed eating done this morning while it was cool I love getting outside
Denise & Mark are in their way home from Vermont & NY to see Will
Maryz Imsure you are excited with all your siblings arriving Sure hope Vicky stays inside
My DB came last week for a short visit to see us He lives in FL

Jana It’s always good to have medical help when needed

We had sweet potato slices baked in oven & meat loaf No one wanted dessert
Becca
Tina Hope you’re ok

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:18 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - You must be very excited to see you siblings! Al and Tina are probably arriving as I type this message. Have fun and enjoy your family!

Jana - Glad you have on the spot EMT help available at your get togethers.

Becca - Glad you got some outside time today. We enjoyed lunch at our picnic table on the patio today.

When I was at the Long Beach Show, I saw Pam Heller from AccuQuilt. I had sent a thank you note to AccuQuilt but thought I should say it in person. I told her who I was and thanked her and told her I had sent the note. She hugged me! (I think because I recognized her.) Then she asked if she could interview me. The program will air on Friday August 19th, and you will be able to see some of the quilts at Long Beach. https://events.accuquilt.com/aqlivestream081922 I hope you can watch it, I think you will enjoy the quilts!

Dinner tonight will be Chicken and Rice Casserole.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”