Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, August 14th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, August 14th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:35 am

Good morning,

Well, since we're all ready for company, yesterday was kind of a free day! So I did laundry, hung half of it out on the lines, and then sewed. I got my Autumn Jewels together. I hadn't expected to finish that top before the hordes arrived, but I did! Today I'll figure out and piece a backing for it and put it into the QQ. (Quilting Queue). I'll also post a photo soon.

JANA - we didn't hear that boom but I saw the news about it. A meteor breaking up as it entered earth's atmosphere is what I heard. I thought of you and Aaron immediately. It said 911 boards lit up in three states! UT, WY, and ID. My sis was in Rock Springs night before last and driving to Heyburn, ID. I will have to remember to ask them if they heard it. I never caught what time of day it was. Glad you remembered where your new embroidery thread was. I do my best thinking in the middle of the night, too!

LORI - The boys will be looking fine, sporting those light up collars! It would be lost on Scottie - he has such thick and long hair it would never show. I'd do better to wrap him in Christmas lights! lol! I made a Valentine tablerunner one year for Autumn (from a magazine) and no matter how I tried, their pattern just wasn't working. So I finally did my own thing and it turned out really cute. I know they have pattern testers but that one fell down on her/his job big time!

LYN - we have usually done our corn, shucked, and wrapped in wet paper towels in the micro , too. But I don't like shucking it - it makes a hairy mess in my kitchen. I usually take it outside. But this method our friends showed us means no shucking! I like it! I hope we have corn this week - we'll see if we can find some. I'll try it and let you know.

CAROL - are you able to keep birds, dust, tree sheddings away from your table until it completely dries? It sounds beautiful! I got a metal patio table/chairs/umbrella for my birthday about 20 years ago. We still have it set out for our Boondockers to use.

Last night I ended up making a toasted rice/pasta dish with chicken broth (think homemade Rice-a-Roni) and added sliced turkey kielbasa. There's enough for tonite so that's what we'll be having again. Then the fridge will be clear of old food and I'll be making lasagna for my sis and DBIL tomorrow.

What about you?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, August 14th

Post by Becca » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:05 am

Hello everyone sunny here with clouds
We have had a better morning today I got to watch our DGSs service this morning
Jana I’m sure that boom was unexpected
Glad you figured it out enjoy your little DGDs

Maryz I know the party starts today Enjoy your time with siblings

Lyn I always cook my corn in husks in microwave After cooking 4 mins You just peel off husks & silks peel off easy I can only eat corn It’s a no no for CA Diverticulitis

Carol Hope you get to enjoy your new table soon

Lori your doggie collars sound cool They need to have lights to be seen

We have meat loaf with garden peas & ice cream. Becca
Tina Hope the heat hasn’t got to you

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:27 am

Good morning!

Oh heck yay, we heard that boom and it was loud and rumbled on for quite a few seconds. Even shook the house. We would have swore it was right over our roof! It was seen up farther north of me, we had cloud cover. But Michael had the theory within 5 minutes long before the governor came out with it. Aaron fielded all kinds of cals that came in to PD.

Dinner is our family gathering and we are having a potato bar. I made some steak bites that are gluten free for Sandee to be able to eat. I put them in the crockpot. Boy did I do a big boo boo! I took the crock out to get to the cord on the bottom, well, I cut up all the beef and onions, put in the non cooking crock, where the element is, then added the stock. It ran all over my counter! I then realized my boo boo! So transfered everything to the correct container and dried out the element part. Praying that I didn't ruin it. So far, so good, it was cooking as we left for church. Daniel is home watching to make sure there's no fire. Good to have my own live in fireman! LOL!

Mary - love the quilt top! More than likely your sister heard the boom. It was heard in Wyoming, Idaho and here. It was visible up north of us and there are videos showing it on the internet.

Becca - happy that you had a easier time last night.

Well, church started and I need to go,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:51 pm

Good Afternoon

Jana - Sure hope the crock pot is okay. Boo-boos happen to all of us.

Maryz - It must be nice to have everything ready for company and just get to do the last-minute cooking and cleanup of sewing room. What kind of lasagna are you making?

Becca - We were able to sit at the table today. It is a beautiful day here. The table is under a patio cover or it would have been too warm. I think we will enjoy this table for many years to come.

Yesterday I finally completed the feathered quilt I was working on for so long. It has the binding sewn ready to sew the back. It is a small quilt (36"-42"). Today I want to get a couple of zippers sewn into a couple of bags. I am using my Bernina and do not like the zipper foot. I am going to try and if I do not succeed will get out the Elna SU.

Dinner tonight will probably be sandwiches but could be soup or pizza. I am not sure at this point.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”