Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:30 am

Good morning,

Last night we had owls. And a barking dog. And a coyote. At least the coyote was quiet. He sneaked through between our house and Vicki's about 3:30. We only saw him on the security camera. We're popular with coyotes because we have chickens living on our north side and lots of rats on our south side (Vicki's). We have been making sure Foxy is in at night!

Our temp will be 80* today but going to 90* next week when all the family is here. They won't be happy. They've been looking forward to the "cool PNW temps", and our cooler temps will be moving to CO while they are here in 90*! Kind of funny. To me, anyway.

Yesterday I sewed a bit. I have 11 of 36 6" leaf blocks made. The rest are cut out. Most of today is going to be devoted to uglies but I'm sure I'll get a few more blocks made. We went to lunch with Bill's sis and her DH. A great visit with them. Bill had Ick & Chips and I had a turkey club. We both brought half our orders home for supper so no cooking last night.

IRISH - I am SOO glad you posted! You almost made me come back there! Happy to hear you are feeling better if not top notch yet. Kathy's visit will be good for you, but don't overdo! How is Tim? I can't believe your little Emma is already 3 yrs old! Please give your sister a hug for me and thank her for the message she sent when you were so sick. We were worried about you.

LORI - I Googled Infrognito. What a cute quilt of frogs!

CAROL - Betty Crocker is still my go-to. I have 2 3-ft shelves full of cookbooks but it's always Betty I go to. And occasionally my old 1965 Home-Ec text book. I don't use prepared mixes much, but they are handy for camping or emergencies.

JANA - I always dread hemming stuff, but I have to say, the hemming stitch on my machine works well. The problem here is always operator error. Wishing YOU luck with Michael's eye test today!

My supper plan is to make pesto pasta- finally. Maybe. Hopefully. I'm not sure that homemade sauce from our Boondocker is still good, but if not, I can do my own.

What's your plan?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 11th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:46 am

Good morning. A quick pass through on my way to sewing.
Nice cool weather is nice. We are enjoying that for few days here, too.
We had to drop out of helping with the big rummage sale. Sadley, we were alerted that DH and I had been exposed, maybe, to Covid?? We looked it up on website and we need to wait until Saturday to do a test. In the meantime, we are just being careful. No symptoms showing up, so very hopeful. However we decided that it may not be good for us to participate in the sale.
If I can't help there, I will be busy sewing quilt tops.
For supper/dinner? I bought some brats when I got groceries. Also I made a fresh batch of my cucumber veggie dip for fresh veggies. Maybe potato chips with that.
Also bought more strawberries. Might stir up my angel food cake that I have been want to make.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:36 am

Hello everyone partly cloudy We have had rain every day for some time Just showers except hard rain 2 days
Wow it’s been quite a morning & yesterday was wild CA has had a rough nite & day so far Dr just called Do wish he could get pain under control
Irish So glad to see you can get back on Do take care Lymes disease is no joke My Mother & Grandson both had it Enjoy Kathy’s visit

Maryz Its almost family time I am sure the house is spiffy clean

Jana Hope all your family is healing & Michael gets his DL

Lori Sure you are busy with your appreciation quilts That’s very nice of you to do

Velda I hope you & Dh don’t get sick I always loved helping with the sales

Lyn Hope your DHs tests are good And you get all your chores done

Tina We miss you when you are so busy Hope Dad is doing as well as possible

We had banned food with Potatoes in the jacket & grapes
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:36 pm

Good afternoon!

Been busy all day! Firt, Michael did get his license in less than 16 minutes! That included walking in from the parking lot, standing in line, eye check, picture, pay for it and walk back out! Fastest in the West! So, it was way to early to head over to the LQS and Jo Ann's - they weren't open for another 90 minutes, so that got punted to another day.

I set out a container of turkey broth and I will make noodles for tonight. Karlie has never had noodles, as they are not usually here around Thanksgiving when I make them. It will be a first and I will get her to help me the noodle dough.

I finished the Halloween bench pillow and it is headed down to my LA. Karlie is chomping at the bit to see that machine do it's thing. Grandma is taking a break for a few minutes. I need to catch up my posting of what we have spent in the last few days - then I know much more I can spend! LOL! Tomorrow we need a milk and strawberry run.

Give a little girl a bunch of scraps and a design wasll to play on and she'll have hours of fun! That is what Karlie has been doing while her mom is working and I was finishing the embroidery. She also sings while designing!

Clouding up so we will get rain around dinnertime tonight. The monsoons are doing quite well at giving us some rain. The they say a few more days of rain here for us.

Not much else going on here -

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”