Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 10th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 10th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:51 am

Good morning!

We are to be cooler today - only about 70*, and they took our 50% chance of rain out of the forecast. Just cloudy and cool. And it looks like we're going back into the low 90's next week - when my family is here. I think they are actually coming here to get a respite from their own heat - and now we're going to be hot, too!

Yesterday I got in a little bit of sewing, helped Bill clean up the downed tree. I hold the small trunks on the sawhorse while he saws then into wood and I clean up branches and rake the grass. Scottie supervises everything - especially running the tractor! He herds it. I also got all the black pieces cut for my black/bright leaves and another 6" leaf block made. Only 33 more to go! Today I have chiropractor, then we meet Bill's sis and DH for early lunch. After that - a touch of sewing. Tomorrow I start in with last of the uglies to get ready for company. They won't notice if I do or don't. But I will!

CAROL - you got it! The blueberry muffin recipe, that is. BC is my go-to for many of my "culinary creations".

TINA - glad your grand-doggy is looking spiffy now! And no worries - bail money is set aside for you!

JANA - good to hear about Stuart! I've been wondering what he was doing these days. Hope everyone does well on their exams. Daniel will soon know his way to CA and back by heart!

CAROL - those teas sound declicious. I'm not a big tea drinker, but sometimes, it hits the spot. Especially for an occasional sleepless night - though then I want herbal or kava.

LORI - do you have many roses? I am a terrible rose mom. I was very proud last year when I got them fertilized FOUR times! My best year yet. This year, I've not only neglected them but the heat has taken out big portions of each bush. But you've reminded me I should fert them today. maybe.

LYN - I hope you keep feeling fine! How goes your tree? I was thinking of you yesterday as we worked on ours. Ours isn't a big deal, plus I had Bill and a tractor and a sheltie to help.

Since we never got our pesto the other night, we're having that tonite. And a big salad.

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 10th

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:40 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - I drink only one cup of black tea a day and then switch to herb teas, so I did not buy any of those delicious sounding teas, only the cranberry. The BC recipe is easy to make and the cooking time is the same whether it is a mix or "from scratch".

I have a Zoom Sew-in this afternoon and will be sewing this morning as well. I have three purses cut and ready to sew but have been sewing a blouse. Now I have some hand sewing on the blouse before I finish it.

Dinner tonight will be Grilled Marinated Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Fresh Green Beans and a salad.

Have a good day everyone!
Carol

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:43 am

Good morning from a dreary, warm SW. Pa...No matter the weather, I'm just so glad to be enjoying it....Finally, we have an answer....I have Lymes Disease and thank goodness my PA had prescribed those antibiotiics early on....When I told my Terry, he said, he never heard of anyone being "happy" to have Lymes but after giving gallons of blood and waiting, it's such a relief...Doctor feels there is still something else lingering but right now, I'm "happy"....lol.......It hasn't been fun, sometimes wished it had been Covid and a few days really thought, I wasn't going to make it, but here I am, 25 pounds lighter, not moving too fast but I'm here!

Have been trying to catch up...so glad to see Becca back and hope and pray it all gets better with DH....
Mary, you've certainly been busy and what's with your crazy weather...But then, most of the country is having weird weather...We've been having rain, almost every day, heavy, heavy rain and lots of flooding...Not as bad as those in Kentucky but worse than we usually have.....Just wish someone would come up with an idea on how to send all our extra "water" to those out west who really need it...Maybe if we all stand in a certain spot and tilt our country it would work, what do you think????

Not much happening in this household....Kevin might stop over and do the grass if the rain holds off....Would you believe, Emma, his DGD and my DGGD is 3 today....Which means, it's already 31/2 years since our Cindy left us, which is very hard to believe....Miss her terribly and our daily phone calls......

Kathy is flying in on Friday and if I feel up to it, next week we might take a drive to see her DD, Cari and DGGD, Lena......Very hard to believe the summer is just about over......

As for supper, my menu are terrible, very, very bland...BUT, every once in awhile, that bag of chips does look pretty good.....

You all have a great rest of the day......I've found, there's something special about each and every day, enjoy it!

Happy eating.....................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:45 pm

Good afternoon!

I have been dreading putting in a hem in a dress for a friend -- but it is done now and it was easy! I thought that I had to hand sew the hem, but when i looked more closely, it was a machine stitched hem, so I did just that! Took me all of 6 minutes, I broke a needle and had to change that or I would have been done faster.

Dinner - again - up in the air - I am leaning towards country gravy and mashed potatoes. Chicken goes in there too. It's hard to figure out meals with a extremely picky eater! I am soooooo not used to that - my termite eats everything!

I am heading upstairs to chauffeur Michael down to the pharmacy to pick up some meds. Hopefully he will pass his test tomorrow - it's real hard, read the eye chart, sign your name and pay the fee. LOL! He gets a new picture too.

Irish - so good to see you. Lyme disease is no fun, but at least they now know what to do. A bag of chips is a go to here as well!

Carol - I do most of my muffins by scratch, but when the kids were little, they would cook the Duncan Hines brand blueberry muffins as a treat for me on Mother's day. I do have a local brand of muffins that are very good and fluffy and stir up quick in the morning when I am in the mood.

Mary - I knew that tree, like everything you do would not take long. Scottie is a good herder!

Kitty here is still be a cat - aloof! Things will probably change when Karlie is in school and there is no one but me to give her a few pets.

Well, it's time to get my driving hat hat on, and the duct tape out, Michael has a large tendency to tell me how to drive - I just ignore him! I have a very good driving record, no accidents and no tickets, ever! Now saying that, ......... Even Aaron lays in wait for me to be the first to give me a ticket!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:47 pm

Took a class today called Infrognito with Karen Brow-Meier.
It was fun playing with different fabrics.

Dinner will be cereal tonight.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”