Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:01 am

Good morning!

We are 59*, cloudy, going to 73* later. It's going to be a very nice run of weather coming our way. Mid 70's to low 80's every day. It's taken a long time getting here but we finally have the purrfect summer.

Yesterday I did some uglies and some sewing. Today, more of the same but different uglies. Oh, I get it now - those little mesh upside down hats for the sinks to replace the sink basket stoppers! I have those in the trailer shower and kitchen sink. And in the downstairs laundry tub. Never thought of putting one in the kitchen sink -even though I found I have some when I cleaned under the sink last Saturday. lol! I'll give it a try. The ding dang basket strainer that came with the sink doesn't work so well.

JANA - I bet you are jumping for joy this morning to have Smokey and the Gang with you at last! Let the good times roll!

CAROL - you are right about koi needing hiding places! An eagle swooped down and got my DD's koi and otters got our friends'. So both made their ponds deeper and added some overhanging shrubbery, water grasses, etc.

IRISH - nice to have your yard all looking spiffy and nicer still to have your son come do it for you! Maybe he will help with the pavers . . . . That must have been something to see - the doe and her fawn. Autumn has a doe that comes every year to her large fenced back yard and has her baby there because it's safe from predators. One of the few things about Texas that Aut loves. It will be great to have Nick home for a visit. Especially if he brings his GF. Is she English? Still praying for Tim and Kathy!

TINA - What a bummer that Kevin has Covid again. I sure hope Maria doesn't get it. It's a tricky virus and mutates so often that I think it's able to slip by the vaccines. Hopefully, though, it will be a light case. The friends we invited to our July 4th BBQ (Jim & Joy) decided not to come because they had 'colds'. We just found out yesterday that they tested positive for Covid. And since Tex had been with Jim a few days before, they didn't come either just to be on the safe side. And now we're glad they didn't!!

I will talk it over with Mr. Bill, but I'm leaning towards grilling pork chops tonite. We'll see what he's in the mood for.

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 6th

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:50 am

Good morning!
Mary, I did a few uglies yesterday too but no sewing. Holly did bring over the flannel she picked up for me in AZ though, I'll get it washed today. We're sure praying that Maria doesn't get it too. I agree, it mutates so much. She's had it before too even though she was vaccinated and boosted too, her vaccine and booster was a different one than Kevin had, he had gotten the J&J and I think she got the moderna ones.
Jazmyne stayed the night and will probably be here for a few days. We have Ashton's funeral and services today, they finally released him the week after Father's Day. It took a long time for the autopsy to be done. Friday we're going to Dad's so I can get his bedroom back in order and Frankie is going to put down stepping stones for him, Jazmyne will probably help him and Holly can help me.
I think I'm going to make an enchilada casserole for supper tonight.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:21 am

Good morning!

Uglies will wait for a day or so. I would get them done and they would be undone with moving messes!

Little kitty has her favorite, so far, hiding place - my bedroom, under the bed. She's a very pretty kitty, light gray, smoke color, hence the name Smoky. I think she's about a year old. We are slowly making friends with each other. She came in my room and talked a little to me. Then headed under the bed. She is very light footed and you don't hear her at all! We need to make a couple of signs to remind all to keep the doors closed. We don't want her out for a time.

Daniel should be on his way here. Elko is a short drive. He was worried yesterday about climbing Donner, but once he got over that long grade, he high tailed it to Elko. His buddy, who's driving the other vehicle traveling cwith Daniel had to work the night before they left, so they stayed in Elko, even though they could have made it here. His buddy is a battalion chief out at the Sacramento Airport.

Dinner is ready for the crockpot. Pot roast and trimmings. The guys after they are done unloading are going golfing together.

Me - laundry is overflowing my hampers and I am running out of clothes! So I have to do it!

Karlie seems to be excited about being here. I have little toys all over my family room floor. I need to get a place for all her toys! That child has toys and stuffed animals! Ethan announced last night that he will be down every day - wondering what time we get up, so he can call to come down.

Well, time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:57 pm

Jana, awwwww the kitty sounds really sweet ❤

All the services and meal ended between 2-3. It was emotionally draining. His ashes were laid to rest with his great Grandpa (Frankie's Dad) and they are right beside Frankie's Mom.
It is just so wrong and so hard to be laying a child to rest 💔

We also found out Frankie's Aunt passed away so those services will be coming up soon now too.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:34 pm

Good Afternoon,

Wondering how Becca and Irish are doing today.

Maryz - Your day sounds like mine a little cleaning, a little sewing and some reading. Did not do much.

Jana - We are all excited for you! Hope you enjoy dinner with all of your family nearby. The kitty does sound very sweet. Hopefully he will behave himself.

Tina - So sorry for another loss. I am so sorry your family must get together for sadness. Hope Kevin is feeling better and really hope Maria doesn't catch it.

Today, I did a little cleaning, a little shopping, a little reading and some sewing. I have received an invitation to my niece's baby shower on August 6th. I am making a receiving blanket and a couple of burp cloths. Later I will make a quilt, but I do not have the fabric to make a baby quilt.

Tonight's dinner will be Parmesan Chicken.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”