Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 27th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 27th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:29 am

Good morning,

It's a purrfect morning - 63* with blue skies. High heat to come later, but for now, we're out on the deck with our morning coffee, just enjoying the singing birds and the roosters next door.

Yesterday morning I made 4 blocks for the July lotto. They are easy and look pretty neat, especially when you put them all together. Then we found the dishwasher once again needed to be dismantled and the screen cleaned. Bill HATES this job. It takes half a morning. So when he was done, he said he'd had enough of that and tossed me into the car and off we went to buy a new dishwasher - a Bosch, 300 series. And the screen just twists and lifts out to clean it. His only requirement. :lol: It will be delivered July 3rd and he'll install it himself.

Today I need to clean my sewing room again - then look through my stash for grey fabric. I want to use a light grey for background for my new pattern that I'm waiting on - North Stars by Eliz Hartman. I don't want to buy more fabric when I already have so much, but I will need quite a bit for the background. I also think I'll do one load of wash and put it out on the lines. I never got to it yesterday since we left early and were gone several hours.

TINA - I'm glad you finally got some rain. And I hope cooler temps will show up soon. Nice to have the AC for sure! I hope your sewing room is cooler now.

JANA - teen boys do eat a lot! Our young couple that was here for 5 days - Cobe was 21. And we fed him a few nights. He was a good eater, too! :lol: Brought back memories. So nice to be able to donate clothing because it's become too big! I so admire you! Your chicken recipe sounds like something we would really like. Hope it's a keeper! And a sharerer!

VELDA - I tried for at least 5 min to figure out what "B & G" meant. I read it to Bill. He thought about it and pronounced "Bacon and Grits!". I didn't think that was it and then it dawned - "Biscuits & Gravy"! Am I right? We never eat it so it's not my go-to guess. We really liked Molly B. We've polka'd to her music live one year while at Wurstfest in New Braunfels and have one CD.

Today will be too hot to cook or even to stand at a grill for us hot weather weenies. So I thawed one of my ham & noodle casseroles I froze a few weeks ago. I will dump it into the crockpot and set it out on the deck to heat this afternoon. Add a tossed salad and we'll have a feast!

What will be on your feasting menu tonite?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 27th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:08 am

Hi everyone. I am sorry, I don't usually use initials. I read apologize. Yes. Biscuits and sausage gravy. Old military stand by. :)
I have been pondering making a simple elastic waist skirt. Found some fabric in my drawer and made one this morning. I found a couple other pieces of fabric, but not quite enough. Thinking about making vertical stripes or panels. Like 14" and then 7" piece and repeat to make 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 width and then make casing and thread elastic through and hem the bottom. In my mind, I can visualize the gathered stripes. I am going to try this. If it looks good, I make get creative and design another skirt. I always wear my tops out and bloused over the waistband, so no one will see it just elastic waist. Anyway it's kinda fun to have a new skirt to wear to our dance tonight.
You all have a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:17 am

Good morning!

I figured out the initials- one of my favorites- biscuits and gravy! With just me that eats it, I use the frozen grand biscuits by Pillsbury. Not the canned, but the frozen bag of biscuits. Take out two, make sure they touch each other - they hold each other up while baking and make a very small batch of sausage gravy. The frozen biscuits are very flaky and taste like scratch biscuits.

Well so far, it's a quiet day. The kids were all here last night and are busy in all different directions today. Ethan is playing at Matt and Crenda's today. That family is getting ready to leave, on Crenda's side for a family vacation together up at a VRBO up at Bear Lake, a gorgeous and fun place. Then without coming home, my older grand boys are going to scout camp for the week, just down the road, still on the lake. Aaron is catching up on some much needed rest after the last week of all the activities here in town. Kate has a gorgeous singing voice and did the National anthem over at the adjoining city to us for their start of celebrating. They asked her to be in full uniform - a PR event for fire. She nailed the performance and some of the big whigs were there and now she is singing around the valley as a PR events.

Dinner is my new chicken dish - we'll see how it comes out. Change of dinner plans - we have our leftover salads from the other night. New food tomorrow!

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:59 am

Good morning!
We were out and about by 8 something this morning, needed to return the trailer we borrowed that we hauled metal home on. I've already picked up around the house, not much to do today. The boys will be here in a little bit, Jazmyne has a checkup dentist appointment and we get the boys for that ❤
Mary, we're about 20° cooler than we were, 88° yesterday. The humidity is high for us; 50% but we'll take it!
I looked at your dishwasher you're getting yesterday, I may have to get one soon too.
Velda, biscuits and gravy is my all time favorite and it never occurred to me that was B&G LOL I'm slow on the uptake sometimes 🤣😂
Your skirt sounds cool and cute.
Jana, I love hearing the National Anthem sung, especially if someone has a nice voice! I bet Kate is amazing!
I think we're going to have salad and not sure what else. I don't want to sweat to death over cooking on the stovetop LOL maybe something on the grill.......
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:23 pm

Thought I would share pictures of my skirts.

I have a maroon top to wear, but not sure I like
Very dark with very light colored skirt. Going to try to find a cream color or plain white top. ???

I will try to show the other one, too, but I had to take picture in mirror. LOL Don't do pictures of self very often. This one I had to piece in two different fabrics.

HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:41 pm

Cute! The skirts and you too!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:44 pm

Good Afternoon,

Our electricity was out for five hours starting at 11:15 AM. Luckily, I had a dermatology appointment and went out to lunch. I sewed down binding by hand when I got home and cleaned in the sewing room for a little while.

Maryz - I love our Bosch dishwasher. It has a lift out screen and is very easy to clean. The July blocks do look easy to do from scraps. I just don't have any florals.

Jana - Glad Sarah got the good guy in the family. I am sure he appreciates her side a lot!

Vel - Your skirts are wonderful! You did a great job on them. Those vertical stripes look super.

Tina - Hope you are getting much needed rain. Enjoy the "cooler" temperatures.

Dinner tonight will be a leftover Roasted Chicken Breast. DH had a very late lunch and I had a largeer lunch than usual, so we can wait a while.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”