Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sat. June 25th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sat. June 25th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:22 am

Good morning,

It's going to be a gorgeous day here. Maybe a little too gorgeous at 86*, but I'll take it. Yesterday I cleaned my living/dining rooms thoroughly and rearranged the furniture. It looks cleaner when it's different. Today I need to mop the kitchen and clean the bathroom. I may go hog crazy and clean both bathrooms. But I try not to get ahead of myself. lol! More likely I will get out one of my two travel sewing projects and work on that. Or go outside and sit in the shade with a good book. Bill and Drew are going to a gun class this afternoon so I"m free to do whatever I want.

Bill helped Cobe and Santana, our young boondocker couple, with their trailer repairs and they'll be on the road today. We were able to save them quite a bit of $$ they would have had to pay for labor for repairs, but they still had to pay for some parts. So they are considering selling their trailer in California and using that money to fly back to FL. But they really want to see CA first. Our other Boondocker, Cindy, also is leaving this morning, heading back towards Oregon. And we have new ones arriving this afternoon.

CAROL - well, it sounds like your guild is already missing you! :lol: But I'm happy to hear you are decompressing. It seems like it's almost like retiring from a real job.

IRISH - lots happening in your world! Your sister, your neighbors, your old neighbors, your reports from Kathy, your yard, your kitty, your plans to visit ME, and I'm sure plenty of other things. :D And how is Baby Girl? She was at the vet a week or two ago and you thought she wasn't feeling up to par. Sorry your friends are moving away but maybe new friends are moving in . . ? Glad you found those keys. You know, Sheldon & Leonard have a bowl for their keys. You should get a bowl. We have a bowl.

VELDA - sorry your burgers weren't optimum. Maybe next time. Glad you like your haircut. It sounds carefree for summer. My gal, Shirley, cuts my curly hair great (not everyone does!) but for some reason I didn't like the actual style I got last time. It's not much different than usual, but enough I'm wishing it would grow out faster.

I'm not sure about supper. We still have dibs and dabs of beans, coleslaw and watermelon. Just enough for two small servings each. And 2 Nutty Buddy ice cream cones. Maybe that will be enough since we're eating lunch out with our grandson today. We do have some hotdogs left - Nathan's. I know they are a big name brand, but they were awful. We gave our guests the good brats last night and we ate the Nathans. Ugh. Scottie may get the rest of those. He's less picky.

What's happening in your kitchen tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sat. June 25th

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:07 am

Good Morning,

Yesterday I had to go sign a check for the Guild. We met halfway between the Treasurer and me at Wayfarers Chapel parking lot. It is about 10-minute drive for both of us. Do you recognize the name? It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. I also had my hair cut yesterday. She cut it just a tad shorter than usual and I really like it. I feel like I did not get a lot else done except Laundry and cleaning the bathroom. I am repairing a few of the blocks that were turned in by Guild members. A few of them at the points going the wrong way and a few needed to be torn apart and completely resewn. They will only see the quilt once or twice, but I will see it the rest of my life, so I fixed the blocks.

Maryz - Those Boondockers were quite lucky to have been there the past few days. You fed them and clothed them with clean clothes. You also helped with the rig. Enjoy the warm weather this afternoon and dinner with Drew.

Irish - I have a dish on my dresser for keys. I also try to never place my car keys in my pocket. I have a pocket in my handbag I designated for my keys. Ever since I decided on the places to keep keys I do not misplace them. It keeps life simpler.

Today I would like to clean the kitchen including the floor I did not get to yesterday. I will join the sew-in this afternoon and sew down binding.

Dinner will be Roasted Chicken Breast. There is some leftover rice from last night.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:12 am

Good morning!

Mary - get that you have the experience and Bill was so willing to help out! Those kids will remember and that kindness will be passed on to others they meet. Now that you have Christmas done and almost in the box, what is going to occupy your time? I saw you got the new pattern ordered. I will need to see what it looks like and since your tastes in patterns run so close to mine, I may need to add it to my collection, to do before I die. That way, dying can't happen, my bucket is too full!

The new kids taking 9n the Ward Bulletin job were over yesterday to get our files so they can start next week. Cthey are both very computer savvy, so it won't be a problem. They have two very sweet little girls, 5 and 8. So the girls played over by me with toys in the Batt Cave. They were very interested in my sewing machine and the project I was doing.

The bench pillow top is all assembled. I had a few hiccups 8n using those new Orange Pop rulers. A definite learning curve. Vso instead of just cutting with my rotary blade, I have a chalk roller marker that I marked the lines to be cut first using the ruler, then moved the ruler, checked it was right, then used my old fashioned ruler and cut on the lines. Worked great. The first block I tried the new ruler, my cutter slipped the wrong way and cut off part of the seam allowance, but I can still finish the top OK. Now on to quilting the top. Pretty sure I'll use my LA. Even with the red snappers, it will take longer to load than quilt! The piece is about 24x38, and I am not quilting through, just around all the embroidery work. The embroideries are , a fire station, a general store, windmill, 2 blocks are trees one with a bike and the other a tire swing, a house, and a gas pump with a pickup truck. Each is about 6x8. So not a lot of space for quilting.

Dinner - out tonight with Andrew, Logan and Tanner. We'll grab some takeout food and go watch trains, eating it outside. Our kind of a picnic. Matt and Crenda will be home tomorrow afternoon.

Sarah will be done with all the party and drama stuff tonight. Stu and Ethan are helping out, as well as her DH and BIL. The other siblings aren't. In fact, one refused to let Sarah know when he was available to come, so they could plan the date originally. He left, and knowingly planned a vacation to Cancun. He left yesterday. He was miffed at his parents that for his birthday this year, they only gave him a ColdStone gift card for some ice cream. What, he was expecting the Taj Mahal? That's this side of the family. Oh well....

Sarah's DH's knee surgery is July 15th and then he will be in a brace for 6 months. 6 months physical therapy m but after three months, he can start a slow easy jog, on a flat surface. He is a long distance runner and was training for a half marathon. Nope, not happening this year! This surgery is a repair fix from when he did the same thing about 25 years ago. The doctor is very optimistic that it will go well.

Well, time to get busy around these parts,
Hugs,
Jana
S

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:21 pm

Going to a dance tonight. Last night I did my burgers again, this time in my grill pan. Much, much better!!
Tonight the venue serves sandwiches, chips, and pie and ice cream. Might be very tempting to see the homemade pies. 😉
Even though I hate wearing nail polish, I bought a bottle of "Sally Hansen's" decided to not wear my boots tonight. I dug out my old sandals. They are flip flops, they have straps. Didn't want to wear them without polish on the toes. LOL
Hope I can dance ok with sandals. I am used to my cowgirl boots.
Did a lot of pulling weeds this morning. Soon I will need to go out and water my plants before we leave for the dance.
Hope you all have a tasty supper in store.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:22 pm

I'm sorry to bug y'all, but I must share! I am very pleased with myself. I ordered a new dress, down a size smaller than I have been wearing recently. It fits! Perfectly too! Even bought me some knee length shorts. Michael made the remark, he's never seen me in a pair of shorts, ever! Oh well, good or bad, they are cooler than jeans and I will enjoy wearing them.

Thanks for me bugging
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:16 pm

Jana - Congratulations on the smaller size and the shorts!! You have really stuck with your improved eating habits and are reaping the rewards.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”