Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 23rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 23rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 23, 2022 6:27 am

Good morning.

We are 53 degrees this morning after a 72 degree day yesterday. Ahhh..... Purrfect!! It took me almost a month but I finally finished my round of yard work! Today I am back where I started which now needs some touch-up attention. But that will take less than an hour. The first go-round in the spring is always the toughest. Now it's just a matter of maintaining through the summer. Easy peasy by comparison.

TINA says she has a line on some of my IC fabric and I might find out about that today. Fingers crossed. Otherwise, I guess I'll be moving on to Plan B with this quilt. For now, I have it nearly all sewn together as far as I can go and I'll set it aside for the moment. Bev has posted a new Calendar swap and I chose March so I will be figuring out a block for that.

VELDA - sorry you are still sick. I know you tested negative, but when Bill had covid last January while we were in TX, he also had a terrible cough, slept in the recliner some, but mucus was a huge problem for him, which I guess is a hallmark of the Omnicron virus. He tried Mucinex and it really helped with everything - even the cough because he was able to get some rest. Maybe it would help you, too. Is Molly B the Molly B of Squeezebox fame? If so, we saw her at Wurstfest in Texas several years ago with Don & Cindy and Kenn & Sue. It was dancing in the aisles time! But hard to really polka in crowded aisles! lol!

IRISH - Oh, I hope you haven't been around your sis since she got sick! Imagine how sick she'd be if she weren't vaccinated! I hope she has a mild case. And your poor friend who is on a trip. Hard to be sick when away from home, though perhaps in her case, less so. Did you see how far out on a branch "16" went yesterday? And then, after a while, carefully side-stepped her way back to the nest. What an adventure. "17" was waiting a bit impatiently for her turn. What's the latest on your sister's porches - the requirement for her to move into her house? Does she want Bill to come do it for her? We are tentatively starting to talk our east coast trip once again for next year. It has been delayed so many times by life. and sadly, deaths. then Covid. Now - I hope it won't be fuel prices. I bet your yard will be beautiful!! I love living on property, but sometimes, I wish I had a smaller yard to take care of. Then I could have pretty flower beds, too!

I ran supper options by Wilmer and he has chosen chicken patty burgers. I'll add a salad and we'll call it good. Should be nice enough to eat out on the deck but we'll see how it goes. It's supposed to be cloudy and 63* today.

What's bubbling in your pot tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 23rd

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 23, 2022 7:31 am

Good morning!
We only hit 77° yesterday, it was really nice. Today we're back up to 90° and will be going to 100° this week they say.....I really hope they are wrong!
Mary, I sent the lady an email already LOL just waiting to hear back from her. I didn't want her to forget.
Irish, oh goodness that's a lot of people with covid! I hope your sis is ok and you don't get it. Dad's waiting for his chemo injections to get his 4th booster. He has to wait 2 weeks after the injections or else it does no good because the chemo kills his immune system.
I'm not sure yet what I want to make for supper. Yesterday we ate lunch out with one of Frankie's sisters and one brother and Kathy so we just had a salad for supper. It's Dad's night so I need to think of something.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:01 am

Good Morning,
Today is another cool day. We have been getting a lot of wind in the afternoon and it is very cool (not good cool).

Yesterday I spent most of the day cooking. The freezer was empty. I made Sloppy Joe Mix, Pasta Sauce and Stuffed Pepper Casserole. I leave out the rice on the Stuffed Pepper Casserole and add it before the final cooking. I made at least 14 meals for the two of us. I also made two loaves of Wheat Bread. Then for dinner I roasted a Chicken Breast we had for dinner with potatoes, salad and peas. We had lots of dishes to do, but the freezer will be nice and full!

I have an appointment to take the car in for an oil change this morning, then at 4:00 PM I have a Zoom meeting for the Standing Rules. Between I have two pairs of jeans to take in. They are basted and I have tried them on so just a matter of finishing.

Maryz- I wish I could tell you I had the fabric, but I do not. I hope Tina finds it for you. Also, that Bill decides quilting the Buckeye Beauty would be a wonderful way to spend his day.

Tina - You are amazing that you found the fabric! Enjoy your dinner with your Dad.

Velda - Sorry you are sick. Sounds like you are taking care of yourself, so keep it up.

Tonight's dinner will be Chicken Kabobs.

Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:05 am

Hi Mary and everyone. Yes, I am taking Mussinex and antibiotic, and Coriciden BP for severe cough and congestion. I think antibiotic is working I am just impatient. Both of us did a second test yesterday and both are negative. Felt we needed to check before we attend the dance tonight. Dic said I am not contagious, so we are going. I will have cough drops and water bottle with me.
I might sneak in a short nap, too.
We took a nice bike ride this morning for about 25-30 minutes. The fresh air felt good!
I am getting better each day. Just not 100% yet.
Thank you for the well wishes.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 23, 2022 8:50 am

Good morning!

Been on the phone with or the other of my kiddos this morning. Ethan about baking cookies and Aaron about the presentation. Just waiting for Sarah's turn, but I know Mondays are extremely busy for her job.

Shortly getting busy with the uglies awaiting me. Then maybe I can play in the Batt Cave.

Mary - sure hoping for the fabric in Georgia. Wouldn't be funny if it was Pam - Queen Peach who has your fabric.

Tina - enjoy your dinner with dad day!

Carol - my kids are heading your way again. Matt and Crenda decided to take another trip to Disneyland, but with no kids. They are flying in near the end of June.

Vel - is this the Mollie B polka party dance tonight? Have fun!

Still trying to come up with dinner. One idea is my new orzo dish, or a chef's salad.

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 23, 2022 9:12 am

Good morning - again.

I'm back from my walk, showered, and fed.

VELDA - I forgot to wish you a happy birthday!! I do believe today is your day. Sorry you are sick, but I hope you are able to dance tonite - or at least enjoy the music. Glad to hear you retested and happy to know you once again came up negative! If you have been on antbx more than 24 hours - especially that strong Z-pac, you should be good to go and not worry about infecting anyone else. Enjoy!

JANA - Bill always says he would enjoy Disneyland more if they didn't let all those little kids in! :lol: :lol: Orzo is my new go-to dish. We both loved it the other night when I fixed it. Now to do some experimenting and create new dishes with it! And you are right - it would be a hoot if Pam was the lady in GA! I know she has way more fabric than most quilt shops! She was friends with Sue and Cindy. If Tina's contact doesn't work out, I will text them to go a-beggin' for me. Thanks for the idea!

CAROL - congrats on having to take in your jeans! And what a smart way to cook! Nice to have your own MRE's in the freezer! All I have now are preformed burgers, chili, and spaghetti sauce.

TINA - glad you got at least one cool-ish day. I'm anxious to hear what your contact has to say! How long until your dad's next chemo shot? Is it a shot or an infusion?

Well, back to the business at hand here - which is researching Irish block ideas for the holiday calendar swap.

mz

Return to “Chit Chat”