Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Wed, Jan 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Wed, Jan 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:36 am

Good morning!

Bill’s appointment went very well yesterday. It took one hour but standing in the line to get back across the border took more than two hours. He parks in a parking lot on the US side and walks through. There are no border guards going into Mexico but coming back out is an ordeal. The line was more than a quarter mile long. At least nowadays they have a shelter that stretches to the end of the line. In years past we stood there sweltering in the sun. Also in years past we have gotten through the border in 15 minutes! He goes back this morning at 10 AM to have the final work done. This saves him $2000 over the price at home. And the work is just as good.

While he was gone I cleaned the bathroom shelves, organized my books ( I carry a lot of paper backs) so I know which ones go into the house when we get home. Then I cleaned all the kitchen cabinets and drawers, purged some things and bagged up everything that goes into the house. This is the kind of work I usually do after we get home. I also took pantry inventory, will add it to home inventory and make shopping list next week

We are going grocery shopping early before he goes to his appointment. Just enough to get us home – bread, milk, bananas, etc.

Lori, sorry about the knitting but I’m the same way. As a kid I could knit and purl but as an adult, I am totally lost. I can do basic crochet but my hands don’t like it and I have tension problems. My audiobook is by Monica Ferris. She writes a series of needlework themed mysteries – Crosstitch/knitting/Etc, set in Minnesota about 50 miles from where Mary Q lives. But for some internet reason the book would not play yesterday.

Becca, I am curious when we get home to see if our stores have full or empty shelves. I may have to do some subbing myself!

Jana, I don’t think we have any brain fog here but he had a light case. But I’m keeping watch. I’m with you – don’t like stuff on my countertops but I have nowhere else to put canisters and small appliances. Love your butlers pantry. What a smart move to trade the half bath for that storage. I have always wanted that. Quartzsite Arizona as well as a lot of desert around Yuma, Casa grande, and Southeast California is all BLM land. In the actual towns there are some RV parks, of course, but we have been parking out on the desert with lots of other RVs for almost 30 years. You conserve your water and you take a generator. some people get free permits for two weeks, and some people five months. Those permits cost a nominal fee. Some places have Water, dumps, Trash. And some folks have to drive into town every week or two for those amenities. I like it but only for a few nights. I am not a five month person!!

Carol, your quilt is lovely! I love how it all came together – you, your quilt, Eleanor, and Accuquilt! Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Tina, I think you would find Scotty quite a challenge to bathe. Our groomer does. Fortunately for us all we don’t bathe him often. VET says no more than once a month but he usually goes two or three months. Do you have a new thrift store in town? and you haven’t been?!?

I have a store-bought pizza crust and everything to make pepperoni pizza. So that will be our supper tonight.

Got any ideas for your supper?

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper Club - Wed, Jan 26

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:03 am

Good Wednesday morning. Illinois is in a deep freeze this morning, but it will go back up later in the week. Phone says 1° , but our thermometer says 4°, Big difference! Ha,ha,.
Not going to go out tonight with friends. Just staying home, warm and safe.
Our quilt group met yesterday. We sandwiched a huge bunch. Meeting again today to cut a roll of batting into sizes. I will asked what our count is so far. I think they said we have 25 complete, but like 20 something out in homes being hemmed and tied.
It was discussed to add a new project of making lap quilts for our own members who are in nursing homes or wheel chair bound.
Some were dragging their feet, but it was agreed to do three to start. The first one was presented to see the idea. It needed batting and to be finished. Some random batting pieces were donated, so I volunteered to finish it. I just have to stitch the hem, and it is ready.
I worked on it last night and did the ties.
About 38 x 48 approx. They chose donated fabrics that couldn't be used on mission anyway, so that no one could complain.
Personally, I think it's neat to keep this as a in house / in church mission of love.
Supper tonight, I need to put on thinking cap, so no commitment yet. 😁
Have a great day! Glad the dentist appointment went well!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:35 am

Hello everyone sunny here today but nippy but better than4 Br brrrr to cold
Maryz I wondered how getting back into US would be I have heard stories of them making you pay or else
Glad the appt went well
Velda So happy you choose to help I love helping with our group We give to anyone with a need & all in homes Nursing & Hospitals

Tina cleaned today I made our dinner Roasted potatoes n onions Braised pork chops Tina brought us pumpkin spice muffins
I got some drawers cleaned this morning while Tina was in other section of house
I think sometimes fairies come to mess them
Have a great day everyone Becca
Tomorrow is haircut day I am past due so I am very ready

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:04 am

Good morning/ afternoon LOL it's 5 till 12 my time.
Mary, I wouldn't like no electric, there'd be no sleeping because of my CPAP machine. They do make them 12v but they are a pretty penny.
Velda, I like the in house/ in church too ❤
Becca, we're 52° and sun shining, I went out and cleaned the front yard and sat out there for a little bit, it's beautiful out! These kind of days makes it hard for me to stay inside. But we have my sewing room a mess putting the table in so I have to finish that after lunch.
I need to go to town by Friday to deposit the comfort quilt checks, pay a bill and get a few groceries, we're almost out of milk and bread and we have nothing for lunch.
What do you all eat for lunch? Lunch is my biggest challenge of the day, I dread figuring it out.
Supper tonight will be chicken or pork chops I think, I'm still seeing what mood I'm in LOL
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:58 am

Good afternoon!

Been busy still fussing with the pantry. Found a old Farberware sauce pan from a set I bought my mom more than 49 years ago. The pan is in great condition, just needs a replacement handle which I found and ordered off Amazon. The handle gets eaten by flames on a gas stove, it's a hard plastic. I have replaced this handle before. Sarah has 9ne piece of that old set, as well as Sandee having one too. They don't make pans like that anymore!

Dinner- still no kitchen to really work in, so we will see what the car knows the way too. I did orange chicken last night. Saw a article that listed the best things at Trader Joe's and the orange chicken topped the list.

I renew my driver's license tomorrow morning. It looks like just the eye chart test and mugshot. I have a scheduled appointment, so hopefully it will go quick.

Mary - that's a long time to wait in line to get back. I am quite a chicken, so wouldn't even cross the border. Hope it's quicker today. You're ahead of cleaning for when you get home. More time in the sewing room!

Tina - great the doggie bath is a success! And being outside! It's beautiful here, just too darn cold for outside!

Becca - your muffins sound yummy! I made Michael some mini pumpkin pies the other day - his favorite. He froze some, so we will see how that goes.

Vel - you have such wonderful ideas for serving others!

Well, need to get busy,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:48 pm

Jana, TJ's orange chicken is very good and easy. It's one of my go to meals when I want something fast.

Mary, I don't think I would like no electricity for long. A few days maybe. Hope Bill's appt. went well.
I'll have to look up that author. I'm always looking to new reading/listening material.

I finished up a cute pillow for my DD. Her birthday is next month, so I'm ahead of the game. My knitting did improve a bit with practice. If I keep it up, I may be able to knit a scarf by next winter. lol

I posted a picture of the pillow in the photo section.

Tonight will be cereal. We have choices.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:13 pm

We had Teriyaki Chicken and rice this evening for dinner. So glad I could share the pictures with all of you!

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”