Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Fri Jan 21

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Fri Jan 21

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:35 am

Good frozen morning!

We are 24° here this morning but I’m sure some of you are even colder than that.

I did get to see Tina and Frankie yesterday for about two minutes and from at least 10 feet away. We swapped Completed comfort quilt tops for stacks of more blocks. So I am back in business. I will square blocks next week while Bill goes to his Mexican dentist.

Lori, I would be dragging my feet too, on the quilt if my reward was going to be getting to clean the house! 😆

Jana, so sorry to hear Sandee is Sick. I hope she has a light case. Bill never had a fever. Just sore throat, cough, sinus congestion, headache, fatigue, and slightly short of breath at times. He also had hiccups for 2 1/2 days which CDC says is rare but still a symptom.

Becca, I hope CA feels better today. And that that storm slips by you without any problems

Velda, my hubby likes almost every kind of soup there is. When I met him he said he didn’t like split pea but apparently he had been eating canned version because he likes my homemade. ( or else he is a very good actor).

Tina, I hope you stop by the table today. Thank you for the goodies. They were exactly what we needed!!

I think our supper tonight is going to be the little lasagna I made with leftover ingredients and froze while we were still back in south Texas.

What’s the supper story at your house?

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club - Fri Jan 21

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:14 am

Good morning!
I thought I posted yesterday LOL guess not huh. I read.
We had orange chicken and rice last night. We had salad but we weren't that hungry so we didn't eat any.
Mary, glad you enjoyed the goodies and I'm even gladder that they were ok after being frozen, I've never frozen stuff like that before and was sceptical LOL
We hit 19° out here, a tad cool LOL I'm covered up with a little throw quilt. All snug.
Lori, I thought the same as Mary LOL I think you should set up a different reward for finishing that top!
Jana, I sure hope Sandee has a very mild case and bounces back quick from it.
Becca, did the storm miss you? Maybe the weather was affecting CA's hip?
Velda, Frankie seems to love all soups, mine and canned. It's one thing of a very short list of things he'll eat that are store bought.
My utility room is torn all apart so I think I'll be helping in there again today. Electricians finished up for the ac and mini split systems yesterday. We got our approval letter from our power company yesterday for the solar so hopefully that'll get installed very soon.
We haven't had meatloaf for awhile so think I'll make that and potatoes, carrots and salad.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 am

Good morning!

Bright, sunny and down the valley from me is fog. Even have a dusting of snow. It's thick tule fog, but my house is above it.

Sarah has her hands full today. Gracie and Lila are with her. So she is doing school with Gracie and then they will go get Ethan from his school. He's on early release time today, then he can have fun with the girls. Those three are more like brother and sister than cousins.

Heading down to play in my Batt Cave. And work on my lesson.

Dinner - and Caesar salad - with chicken tonight.

Mary - glad you made it through El Paso and got to see Tina, even at a distance.

Tina - you're a great lovely assistant! You will have the laundry room back soon.

Carol - looking forward to seeing the link of you, your quilt and El.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:05 am

Hello everyone fog again & light snow but temp is 34
We are supposed to get missed tonight will see Keithsent Text they are expected to get snow & Ice They are in 20s & he is over close to coast colder than us
CAs hip is much better We don’t know what it was It happened when he tried to get up

Maryz Glad you made it safe & got to see Tina at a glance
Tina I know it’s a mess with someone working at your house Hope it gets done soon for you
Jana Those little girls will keep Sarah entertained Glad you have hopes of Daniel moving
I made broccoli salad Will add some meat
& a starch maybe Not all together lol
Becca
Stay warm & safe

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:50 am

Good early afternoon from a very sunny but very cold, SW. Pa....Woke up to sun and that almost made me feel like getting up, almost...But, there are times when a fat cat laying on your chest just "makes" you stay in bed...But, the sun is most deceiving, needed more than a sweat shirt when I went out to pick up the paper, lol.....Hopefully, some of the snow will melt but it's really strange, walking over to the neighbor, gal who broke her ankle, the snow was frozen and I walked on top of it.....
Finally, got through to my friend in Ft. Myers and they were below where the tornado hit BUT, my dear friend is in the hospital with congestive heart...Her daughter, who stays with her, called me last night, said, she finally had permission to tell me and the rest of Gin's kids that she was sick...Gin is a tough old broad, has always relied on home remedies but this time, it just wasn't working and her daughter insisted on the ER...Doing as well as can be expected and probably as mad as that wet hen...So, next week when I fly down, not sure if I'll be stopping to see her when my Naples friend picks me up at the airport..Might have to plan another trip to visit with her....Always something, as they say!

Mary, so glad you got to see Tina, even if it was a quick visit...But, does sound like a good visit with goodies, don't get much better than that, right? I'd probably be like Bill and say I don't like split pea soup only because I've not had "good stuff"...But, I'm a soup person, just finished my potato soup and ready to get out the big pot again...

Not sure just what all I'm going to get into today but I do have to take time to visit with Dan's fur babies...Would you believe, Kathy had the nerve to send me a picture taken from her balcony while having a cup of tea...There are times when she's just not a nice person, lol...I have been telling her about the deer that have been visiting, almost every night and how I need to start feeding them but didn't want them to get used to it and then me go away...She joked and said, maybe I could leave the shed door open with buckets of food and they could use it to stay warm...WELL, I saw a picture on FB of about 6-8 deer coming through a snow covered yard, right up to the front porch, looking for food and I sent it to her...The porch looked just like mine and she thought they were my deer......I really do love to see the deer and will try to feed them when I can and if they want to come in, BabyGirl won't mind.....

As for dinner, soup is gone so it's new food and there again, whatever falls out of the freezer...But, on my way home from cat watching, I might stop at Kevin's and see what he's having....He had wood flooring installed in the living, dining room and hall way and yesterday carpeting in the new very pink room that Emma calls her's....He has it fixed up for her when she comes to visit...She is a delight, an exact copy of her Grammy, Cindy...Often think how Cindy would have loved this little girl but we know she's watching over her, keeping her safe......

Well, best get in gear....Not sure if we're playing cards tonight but that's OK, don't mind staying home when it's this cold.....

You all have a great rest of the day....Please stay safe and warm....

Happy eating...................

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:13 am

Mary, It's not a reward, it's a must do. I haven't done much all week, and now the house is in need of some cleaning.

I finished up the top this morning. I would have had it done last night, but realized I sewed a section wrong.
Had to rip it out and do it over. I still need to add the border. I think I'm going to do it a little different than she does in the pattern.

Don't know what's for dinner just yet.

Have a lovely day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”