Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Thursday, Jan 20

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Thursday, Jan 20

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:18 am

Good morning everybody,

We had a very good, Albeit, a very short, day yesterday. We must’ve needed it because we went to bed at 8 PM and slept for nine hours

Today will be a long one – 350 miles, driving through El Paso this afternoon. In case you’ve never been there, El Paso is a nightmare to drive through pulling a trailer. The freeway is four narrow lanes each direction, about 65 miles an hour, bumper-to-bumper, and most of it is semi’s. For several years it was heavy construction as well but at least that is finished for the most part. We would try to find another route but they’re just isn’t one this time of year – too many mountains

Carol, that is one big thrill! Would love to see that video

Jana, good to hear Aaron hasn’t left all his skills in his old job

Becca, I hope your roads are clear soon so you can get out and others can get in

Tina, I will be seeing you very briefly and from a distance, later this afternoon.

Velda, way to go with those quilts!!

Lori, did you get your sections together yesterday?

I can’t think what we might have. Perhaps some orange chicken and rice. How about you?

Becca

Re: Supper Club. Thursday, Jan 20

Post by Becca » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:13 am

Hello everyone foggy & dreary I just read weather updates & we are out of snow zone for weekend Hope that holds true I’m ready to see Ground
Not complaining because it could be worse
Maryz Hope you have a safe day There are lots of crazy drivers now Say hello to Tina for me Thank you both for what you do for us
Carol How excited you must have been Happy for you Just enjoy your week
Velda I’m sure all your quilts are appreciated Thank you for your ministry

Hope to get moving & get some more done I got house cleaned yesterday Only floors left In this weather it seems foolish to do them
We are having stir fri Maybe it will entice CA His hip was bad yesterday but seems better today I even had to get walker out for him
Have a great day & stay warm & safe. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:47 am

Good morning!

I am sitting in the Costco parking lot waiting for Sarah. We already had all the gremlins load up our cart and she is now coming out with her DH meds. His wisdom teeth came right out with not a bit of fight.

Dinner is a caesar salad.

Got Ethan off to school earlier. Scott is bringing him home. Scott teaches a class 9n computer programming at the school. His company allows and wants those types of volunteers. Scott works for the same company as Matt. Sandee's temp went up, so we are waiting word on what her dr wants to do. Sarah keeps in close texting with her.

So when I get home, and put away what the fairy gremlins put in, I am sewing.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:49 am

Becca, my house needs a good cleaning. I told myself after I get this quilt top finished I'll do it. I've been dragging my feet a bit on the top.

Mary, Driving through El Paso doesn't sound fun. Say "hi" to Tina for me. No, but almost. I decided to read more than sew. Some days are just that way.

Carol, Oh how fun for you. Can't wait to see the video. Also a picture of your quilt. Have a fun time in class today.

Jana, I sure hope Sandee gets better than worse.

Today is the day! I'm really going to finish the top. lol I don't have much to do. Just have a few coping sections to make. There are so many tiny seams, I don't know how I will quilt it. May have to send this one out. We shall see.

I really need to clean a bit. I've been slacking on cleaning.

Dinner will be Spanish rice and Tamales. We didn't have them the other night, so it's tonight. Easy peasy.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:53 pm

Yup, it's supper time here!! Big pot of vegetable soup! Tons of veggies!
DH isn't interested in this veggie thing, so he gets canned soup. LOL
But it's ok, cause he likes chicken soup.
Cold, cold day here. Good day for soup!
I have been busy all day piecing pieces for backings.
I am done now, ready for supper and TV night!
Hugs to everyone!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”