Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 18

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:33 am

Good morning,

Foxy and I are here again this morning, to delight (or fright?) you with our supper ideas. I can guarantee, his are frightful, so better to listen to me. Every morning these furry boys wake me at exactly 4:18am, I feed them, then settle into my chair with my coffee and computer and Foxy joins me. It's a full lap with a blanket, a computer, a cup of hot coffee, and a 19# cat!

Yesterday was a good, busy day. Besides doing everything we do to break camp we picked up groceries and then drove back to the pottery place to get two more pieces - a cat planter for my sister's birthday and a painted coyote for our front door. (Bill stayed in truck). When we got back, I had 2 extra hours so I made 11 more crazy blocks then packed away my sewing. This trailer would like nice and clean all the time if we didnt' have to live around all the sewing stuff! But we do.

Bill is good this morning. Hoarse voice, occasional coughing, and hiccups. According to the CDC, this is an extremely rare side effect of Covid and should last 48 hrs. We have 8 to go. My tried and true remedy, a spoonful of sugar, works but only temporarily. We are hitched up and ready to go when it's light out (we have a strict rule about dark driving - we don't do it.) but we have a brake light out on the trailer so he's got to work on that first.

JANA - I hope you find some ambition soon. Maybe you're supposed to spend the week, feet up in front of the fireplace, good book in hand, and let the ambition come to you.

TINA - with those meat prices, maybe the vegetarians are onto something! Wow!

LORI - What a great photo! Jack is a lot bigger lap-load than Foxy! Guess I'm lucky! I would love to go to the Sew-Expo in Puyallup first week of March but I'm with you - too many people crammed together.

BECCA - I bet all that snow is pretty! I just hope you won't have to go anywhere in it. I remember my mom making anything my dad would eat when he was getting radiation for laryngeal ca. He liked baked custard. Mom gained a lot of weight during that time! lol!

CAROL - I know you will have such fun at Road. One year Bill and I volunteered to hang, and take down, quilts at the big show that used to be in Tacoma. It's a LOT of work, especially having to keep all the quilts organized.

I have our supper for tonite in the bag. Literally. The pork is cooked and diced an in a Ziplock. For Pork fried rice. The lettuce, also, is washed and in a Ziplock. I'm ready to cook!

What are you cooking tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 18

Post by Becca » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:05 am

Hello everyone sunny here so maybe some snow will melt We still have it all

Maryz I don’t do snow or ice any roads aren’t clear I stay home I have tried lots of things for CA He is starting to eat a bit
Stay safe & sure happy Bill is better
I always make preparations ahead when it’s going to be bad On Sunday all the children checked on us & so did our neighbors Marty always tells us if we need anything to let him know he will get it here So we are blessed

I got laundry done House straight & dumplings are drying on cabinet I hope CA eats some My children all love them Wish they had some
I will just enjoy seeing the beautiful snow
Have a great day everyone Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:09 am

Good morning!

Well, my mountains have totally disappeared! The air quality here right now is terrible. It happens every winter. The cold air slides down the mountain and traps everything below. We need a good storm to blow in and wash the air clean. But, alas, no good storms on the horizon.

Dinner- I have some drumsticks that I will oven bbq and have a salad to go along. Tried to make a batch of oatmeal cookies yesterday, they were not too bad, considering I put in too much butter/shortening .

Michael gets his booster today. Hopefully that will give us a bit of freedom.

Mary - safe travels today and Bill to be OK driving. We won't say the word, so Scottie won't get too excited. But it's a good 0lace to be!

Becca - glad to read CA wants a bit more to eat. I too stay off icy roads. They are not what I consider fun!

Not much else here. Aaron will be working the Tuesday-Friday days here in Herriman. It's a 4-10 work schedule. He's good with that. Kate's shift days rotate, so Sarah will have the little girls then. Mostly just Lila, as Gracie is in school. All the rest of my kids are doing well. Matt is close to having lost 100 lbs. He is out walking several miles a day in the evening. Uggh, I was just informed that I need to catch up the posting for what I have spent. It's not fun around here when Michael is doing the budget. We have an agreement, he earns it, I spend it. LOL!

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 am

Mary, safe travels. Hope Bill is well enough to get you to your destination. Foxy is a big kitty. Everyone in that picture was a member on here back then. I still see Betsy and Carolyn at guild.
Betsy is also in my friendship group. Prepped for is the way to go. Makes things easy.

Carol, have fun this week. Are you going to preview night tonight? I heard they were going to let the vendors sell on preview night this year. Don't know if that's true or not.

Becca, glad to hear CA is eating a bit more.

Jana, I hate that inversion layer you get in winter. It's just nasty.

I got 4 sections of my Jen Kingwell pattern put together. I still have 5 blocks to make to put the other side together. 4 - 5 inch log cabin, and one star/cross block. I might work on those today. I was looking at my list of quilts I want to make this year, and it's a lot. Don't know if they all get made, but going to try. So this morning I ordered a book and another pattern off QIAD. The list is growing. lol

I need to clean up a bit, then get sewing. I the boys walked me already and they are off in dream land.

Late lunch with DH when he gets home from golf today. I'm thinking Cheesecake factory.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:29 pm

Hi everyone!
I read the sew in this morning then did a quick post and then put Rosie in the tub. I couldn't stand her stinky anymore. She looked plum pitiful, like she'd lost her best friend. She's good for it all but just looks sooooo sad. LOL goofy girl. Frankie has to put her in the tub, she's too chunky for me to pick up and then he has to get her out of the tub and I sit on the floor with towels, brush and hairdryer. She's so clean and soft now and smells good! Then I had to scrub down the tub and bathroom and give myself a bath LOL I've been pretty worthless since then, it does me in. The new sink/tub came after I finished her LOL Frankie will probably start installing it tomorrow or Thursday. After he gets it installed then it'll be Duncan's turn for his bath and at least I won't have to get on my knees and on the floor anymore 🤞
Mary, I'm so glad Bill is feeling better! Wow, you got a lot done yesterday!
Becca, I don't go out in bad weather either, it would take an emergency where me being there would make a difference to change that. I love dumplings! ❤
Jana, those 4- 10 hour days are really nice, Frankie worked that schedule his last 10 years at the City. Kevin worked them too until he got his promotion, now he works M-F. Wow, 100 pounds Matt has lost! Is there going to be anything left of him?
Lori, my quilt shop sent me a helpful paper for writing things down to help me keep track of what I'm doing, want to do etc... I'm making one for each month so it's not overwhelming to me to see it all at once. If you'd like a copy, pm me your email and I'll send it to you. Or did I? LOL I can't remember.
We're having leftovers for supper thankfully, my back won't do anything else. We're having red chile meat, pinto beans and cornbread and spanish rice.
Jazmyne is here to stay the night, she has online school here tomorrow.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:41 pm

Lori - Yes, the vendors were open this evening. Not as many people here, but it is still a great show. Thanks for posting the picture from 2009. I knew Betsy and Carolyn were in your Guild, but didn’t know Betsy was in your friendship group. I thought she lived in Lakewood. Tell her hi for me.

Tonight in the ballroom of quilts had a pianist playing classical music. Hardly anyone was looking at quilts. People were so anxious to go shopping. I did manage to spend money too.

Dinner tonight was a club sandwich.

Return to “Chit Chat”