Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:59 am

Good morning,

We are about 70* and muggy this morning, but supposed to stop dropping temps to 56* by mid-morning and low 40's this time tomorrow. Texas has odd weather. So far, none of the predicted rain. So we might put out yard lights today after all. And I might get out my sewing machine and get busy, too.

Yesterday was fun at Autumn's. We were there about 5 hours. Great breakfast, then My assignment was to work on little felt woodland animal ornaments, sewing the front's & backs together, stuffing them, and then sticking on details like white tail tips, belly buttons, eyes, inner ears, etc. They all went on the Christmas tree. Bill helped to hang outdoor Christmas lights along the front of the house. I decorated bushes with lights. Autumn directed it all. We even gave an impromptu dance lesson to Aut and Sammy out on the back lawn - Texas two-step and Electric Slide.

We got a text from my DBIL that we were traveling with. They were 140 miles from their Florida destination and broke down. They were in front of a home and the homeowner told them they could just back the trailer in next to their house and stay there while truck was fixed. Nice of them. But two tow trucks finally arrived (one for truck and one for trailer) and now they are at the Ford dealership, awaiting service this morning.

VELDA - that's the nice thing about Supper Club - Supper is served all day long! You are never too early or too late! And I told you - no s-----n patties! Mac and Cheese is where it's at! I really liked your perm! It looks soft, bouncy, and fun! Very pretty.

TINA - Did you have a nice day in Cruces and visit with your son?

BECCA - I hope Brodee is still OK. Has there been any talk of removing his shunt at some point in the future?

LORI - did you get your Christmas quilt layered yesterday? I imagine Molly is familiar with your grand-dogs, and just groans and sighs when they come to town. LOL! Sounds like she's very tolerant, but knows she can take them down if she has to.

CAROL - so what were you busy quilting yesterday? I might get out my machine today and get back on the LOTR train. Only three blocks to go . . .

We were so full from brunch yesterday - migas and mimosas - that we still didn't want supper by the time we got home so we just had a few chips while watching Christmas Vacation movie. Migas are a Tex/Mex favorite here - basically an omelet wrapped in a tortilla. You can eat them with a fork or in your hand. I chose the fork because I can be a bit of a messy eater. So we never ate the perogies I had planned. So tonite - finally - they are on the menu.

What's on your menu for tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 6th

Post by Becca » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:41 am

Hello everyone still partly cloudy
We did get a tiny bit of rain yesterday We are very dry now & under fire ban in all of State A Mtn close to Blue Ridge has burned over 1,200 acre so far
Maryz Yes Brodees shunt will be removed probably at age 4 or 5 or before Itโ€™s cut as low as it can go now
I can understand Levi & Taylor being constantly on alert Hadlee just had that virus & was sick
Hope you get to sew today I know Autumn keeps you busy or gives projects for you which I would love
Lori Your dog story give me a laugh Dogs are so funny & usually one is in command
I may do cowboy beans today for a change
Velda I like your new hair style I had one like that one time & it lasted about 6 weeks
Hope your day is grand. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:17 am

Good morning!
Mary, your day yesterday sounded absolutely perfect! I pictured it all!
Yes we did have a great time at Kevin and Maria's! We all ate lunch together and then we went to Casa Blanca, it's an outside yard decorations place, it's all from Mexico. They were having 50% off their metal works so I got me some blue flowers for $15, they stand about 3' tall! So pretty! Jazmyne and Maria bought little ceramic figurines. Jazmyne got a really pretty painted bull with horns head and Maria got 2 little turtles and a little pig.... these are maybe 2", very little LOL and gosh the detail in painting is so colorful!
Becca, so glad Brodee is ok. Those little miracles need to stay healthy, they've been through so much. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Vel, yes love your hair, it looks sooooo soft. Do you have to do anything with it or it just does that on its own after your perm?
Today is major uglies here ๐Ÿ˜ญ think I'll talk Frankie into vacuuming and I'll dust, mop, do bathrooms and the laundry. I'm going to try to get a couple more stockings together. My brain isn't working right to figure out the direction for the embroidered names to put on the cuff before I sew the cuff on though. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ
Think I'll put a roast in the crock pot to give me more sewing time.
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:10 am

Thank you, everyone for compliment on hair. I did a lot of thinking before I made the decision to do perm. Used to perm all the time when working, but started with straight hair and kept it that way for over 15-20 years. I felt sorry for hairdresser because it was very hard to make hair to roll and stay rolled up to do perm.
Yes it is one of the softest perms I have ever had. I just get out of shower. Brush and fluff and let it air dry. Then I use my circular brush and brush it again and that's it.
Supper tonight is out with friends to The Pizza Man Restaurant. Usually husband and I do soup and salad bar, but tonight he is going to do individual size pizza and I will take their Monday night special of Spaghetti dinner with salad and garlic bread $6.00.
It's so cheap!! And big portion too! Yummy!
Getting laundry finished. And had a required physical this morning in prep for cataract surgery on Friday. Have to start with special eye drops on Wednesday. Dr. Will do right eye Friday and left eye in January. I am so ready to get this done and be able to see better.
So happy to hear about the twin doing ok.
Time for lunch here.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:33 am

Good morning!

Dinner will be my chicken concoction. Never got it made the other day.

Sarah is here adding my new shelf more like a mantel on the stairs landing. The cement foundation wall from the basement is about 4 feet above my landing, then the wall to the ceiling, about another 14 feet is on top of that wall. A great display area. It is all finished with drywall and painted. So this will be "jewelry ", as Sarah calls it. I found one more box that needed Christmas let out. It is now done and I am stacking those empty boxes up neatly in my guest room.

Mary - glad you are moved and settled in. Those last three LOTR blocks will be done quickly. Great to have a neighbor who could get the missing fabric. What is it with stoves these days? Sarah's is still acting up.

Tina- I new got around all these years of making Mom and Dad stockings, but last year I did finally make Grandpa and Grandma. I still have the ones I made for my kids when they were little and hang them in my house. Sarah did her family and Crenda did ones for theirs and all the nieces and nephews.

Vel - easy wash and wear hair, as my mom called it is great.

Becca - good to hear the news of Brodie.

Well, time to scoot, dishes await and a few other straightenings o do,

Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:14 am

Good early afternoon from a very, very soggy, chilly, dreary SW. Pa....Not a good day to be out and about or even out of bed! Even Baby Girl is trying to get me back in the bedroom, keeps walking that way, stopping and giving me that look.....She really has been my "buddy" since I came home, so attached.....

Mary, you sure seem to be enjoying your trip and doing so much....Your daughter sounds so much like my Kathy...Kathy always had little jobs for Jim and if he didn't hear from her, he'd call and ask if she could go somewhere so he could watch the kids, when they were little.....I do like the breakfast/brunch idea especially the Mimosas.......1 day, Tim made us a breakfast on the go because we were leaving early and it was pretty much like your migas....And I just get a chuckle out of your eating perogies in Texas, that's a Pittsburgh special...When Terry moved to N. C. they had no idea what he was talking about so we'd load up on those and other things when we visit and he taught the "Tar Heels" how to eat.....No perogies, un heard of!

Jana, Finally found your picture and love, love your new "do"...Your hair was very pretty but now, it's YOU...Your smile tells it all....I had really never had a hair cut until Kathy was 6 months old (a few years ago)...Why oh why, I had kept it that long I'll never know except, Jim liked long hair...But, every time Kathy looked at me, she cried and of course Jim would say, "see what you did" and then he'd laugh...But, that was it with the long hair, there were times, when the boys had more hair than I did..Now, since I'm older and I blame a little on covid, my hair is very curly...But, you look great, hope you like it......

Becca, hoping and praying for little Brodee....They have been through too much, just need smooth sailing from now on as well as Mom and Dad need to have peace....When I look out and see our "wet", it's hard to imagine you being dry....But, I shouldn't complain, this could be snow.......

Vel, I also love your hair...When I saw the before picture, I thought that was pretty then I looked at the after and that is really pretty...It really looks natural and so soft.....

Tina, Sounds like you had a busy weekend and a productive one...Love to hear about purchases, gets me in the mood, sometimes...Here it is afternoon and I'm still not sure what I'm doing today.....

Well, I need to get moving and do something, even if it's wrong....The tree needs some more attention and the outside lights and stuff are sitting in the living room but it just might sit awhile longer or might just get put back in the shed....I think if it weren't for Kathy and Tim coming, I wouldn't have even put up the tree but then once they do come, we'll be going east for a couple of days so maybe I don't have to do any more decorating....

Really not sure what I'm having for dinner....I have a little soup that I thawed out yesterday or it might be a poached egg and toast...One of these days, I really, really need to get out for some groceries...I did bake a batch of cinnamon sticky rolls last night so I'm good in the "afters" department......

You all have a great rest of the day........

Happy eating.................

Eagle Update......We have 2 eggs in the N. Ft. Myers nest and the adults are so attentive...Harriet wants to be sitting all the time but Daddy wants to have his time and it's funny watching him try to get her off the nest...And they are such "love birds", they keep giving beak kisses...What a pair....
The nest up here is still waiting but won't be long.....

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:11 pm

Mary, sounds like you had the perfect Sunday. And no, I forgot I still need a back for the quilt. duh

Jana, sounds like a great place to decorate.

Vel, hope all goes as planned on Friday with your cataract surgery.

Tina, sounds like you had a great Sunday too. And found some good deals.

Becca, I hope you get some rain soon. Hoping we get some soon as well. It's suppose to rain Thursday here.

Well to took DS to the airport this morning. He's in Utah signing the paperwork to sell his house. Then he flies back tomorrow afternoon. He's going to be here until mid month, then back to Utah to house/dog/chicken sit for a friend that's being deployed to Kuwait for 4 months. Then he's coming back down here for a while until he decides what he wants to do. He want to spend time with the family. I'm good with that.

I did a bit of cleaning this morning and some more embroidery this afternoon. And spent a lot of time with all the furry one. I need to get a couple backs together for some quilts.

Dinner will be leftover potato ham soup.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€