Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:28 am

Good morning,

IRISH - welcome home!! I've been wondering if you were back yet. Your trip sounds idyllic! Was this your first time in the Islands? Which island were you on? Oahu? Aren't their fabrics beautiful? When we were there in 1990 and again in 2004, I found a huge fabric store, too, and came home with a loaded suitcase. I think you got home just in time - my phone news says that a blizzard with 100 mph winds and a foot of snow is predicted - and not just for the mountains. Seems weird, but it happens.

JANA - funny about Ethan not noticing such a drastic change. He is certainly a boy! I'll be looking forward to seeing those photos. Did you save your hair? I have my mom's ponytail from her drastic haircut back in 1938 and my own long hair from 1968.

BECCA - I love bringing in greenery from the yard for the holidays. You're right - it always smells so fresh! We have fir, hemlock, western red cedar, and wild holly on our property.

CAROL - you could always set the jar of orange sauce in a pan of hot water to thin it a bit so it pours more easily. And no, we would have come to the RV park anyway, but we just thought it would have been courteous of them to send an e-mail letting us know what we were driving into. We've been here several times, know the park well. Just would have been nice to have a heads up.

TINA - you have a lot of post-Christmas sewing to look forward to! Nice of you to make a quilt for the little girl. And I say ditto on the dog & cat hair. It's a welcome fact of our life here. :lol:

VELDA - yes, we have automatic levelers, but we had to use blocks under the tires as well. And branches overhead were brushing our A/C and solar panels so Bill will climb up and trim those before we pull out. Even our outdoor chairs don't sit level. So we'll be happy to move today. We went 18 months once without a dog. It was probably nice to not have dog hair on stuff, but boy, was our kitchen floor dirty! Hadn't realized how good a job the dog had done on the floor! lol!

LORI - I know you are busy enjoying your son! Happy visiting!

Yesterday we got our laundry done, sheets changed, and the trailer cleaned, vac'd, and mopped. It was 77* and muggy out so we were pretty hot and sweaty by the time we finished. Then we went and bought a 6-ft tree for Autumn at a tree lot. Finally we went to her house and it was a joy to see her at last! We are going back again tomorrow morning for a tree-decorating brunch. Her oven quit on TG day. (Did everyone's oven quit that day??) Bill thinks he knows what's wrong with it (igniter) so he's going to work on it for her tomorrow to see what part to order. Today is going to be more relaxed except for moving sites.

Supper tonite - I think pierogi's and salad. I haven't had a salad in almost 3 weeks. Looking forward to it!

What are you looking forward to tonite?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 4th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:52 am

I am finally early. Always seem to be making a mad dash to get to the table on time. LOL
Maybe I will finally make the salmon patties tonight. Sure hope I do them right. It's been so long since I made them.
Only stitches today will be on the Swedish Weaving project. Slow going, but slow and steady won the race. Right?
Have a great weekend!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:33 am

Good morning!
Mary, wow you two had a busy day yesterday! So glad you got to go see Autumn! And how nice to take a tree, I love the smell of fresh cut trees! We can't have them because our window where we set up our tree faces south and it cooks them fast! We're pretty sure my oven needed an ignitor too but it was 30 years old and who knows if we could even find an ignitor if they still sold them or how long it would take to get one. We knew it was time for a new stove.
Vel, salmon patties are one of my favorites! Frankie can't stand them so I don't make them often. But Dad loves them so maybe once or twice a year I'll make them for him and me.... Frankie can have a burger those nights LOL
Well today is getting our ton of pellets for our pellet stove. I think we're going to Cruces to visit Kevin, Maria and Matthew, I need to take them their quilt I repaired that's sitting in the twin bed LOL. There's a couple other things I need to take too.
Not sure if I'll get any sewing done when we get back.
I want to stop by Joann's to get some pre quilted fabric to make a matching seat cover for our big couch now.
Tonight is my night to fix supper for Dad, I think it'll be a burger and salad.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:53 am

Hello everyone sunny here & I got laundry done & took my walk We have had so many texts & calls about our little Brodee this morning He was taken to ER last night throwing up & 1 time he was unresponsive So scary because he has a shunt & is thin too The tests were all normal & they sent them home in the night This morning he ate so I pray he does ok
I know Taylor & Levi get scared because of all they have been thru with them
Maryz This morning when I got back from my walk a bird flew out of my swag I hope no nest in it but I don’t think they build nests now We too have cedar pine Holly & a few firs
Glad you got to see Autumn
Tina You do have a busy day planned
Velda I like salmon patties but CA got tired of them so I stopped making them just for me I know they are good for you
We have steak & chicken in the frig Icwill add a green veggie. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:17 am

Good morning!

If you want to see the before and after, I posted the pictures over in Sew In. It is going to take time getting used to short hair again.

Dinner - a chicken something. Maybe stuffing and cranberry sauce too. Gravy will be involved as well.

Mary - Good to be where you will stay for awhile. And fresh trees smell so good.

Tina - Michael and his dad would make a run to get pellets for their stove too, especially when we were there to visit - my boys would unload and stack all the bags for their grandpa.

Becca - Oh scary! Prayers for that little one! It doesn't take birds long to find a safe spot!

Well, my helpers in dragging up Christmas have not shown up to help, so being a engineer's wife, I will figure a way for me to do it. One slow way at a time. Then some sewing later.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:23 pm

Mary, hope you are settled in your spot and can just relax a bit. Maybe get in some sewing .
time. Glad you were able to rest your hand/wrist. Yes, everyone arrived safely on Thursday night about 8. And yes I know all about furry dog hair in the car. I drive a Chevy Tahoe and when we go anywhere with the dogs, it's in my car so they have plenty of room. Every Sunday we drive to a regional park for our Sunday walk. It's like Disneyland for dogs.

Jana, sounds like Michael doing really well. That is good news. Love your new Do. I be you feel lighter without that long hair.

Becca, hope the little guy is doing better.

Vel, would love to see a picture of your Swedish Weaving.

I've been enjoying having my DS and grand doggie here. I did a little embroidery this evening. Might do some sewing tomorrow.

We had ham and potato soup for dinner. It was very yummy.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”