Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 3rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 3rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:46 am

Good morning!

We made it to Austin! To our RV park, La Hacienda RV Resort. That's the good news. The bad news is they are repaving and we can't drive on it to park our rig in our reserved spot for two days. Good news is that they had another site we could back into to sit for two days. Bad news is that it's very sloped and not level at all. Good news is that there is a very friendly little calico kitty who came to visit us and hung around for a couple of hours. We will have to fold up our tent, rehitch, and repark tomorrow. So I won't set up the sewing machine, our little tree, or anything else yet. I need to clean this trailer anyway. Pretty dirty and dusty after two weeks on the road.

And just to be on the safe side, we had Covid tests done yesterday even though we are vaccinated and boostered with Moderna. So have Autumn and Antonio, but they also had tests done just to protect us. They both work with kids and vulnerable people so we felt we should do the same for them. Happy to report we are all negative! After that we picked up a few groceries, put them all away, and then sat outside in the balmy late afternoon and relaxed. Tonite we're going to Autumn's for pizza. We have a few gifts for Sammy, the 16 yr old girl she is mentoring. As well as beginning quilting supplies for her that we ordered and had delivered to Aut's house. I need to gather up everything we have, take it all to Autumn tonite, and make sure everything will suit Sammy. Looks like I'll be giving a quilting lesson while we're down here. Sammy doesn't have much of a home life so we tend to spoil her at Christmas. I taught her to sew with patterns a few years ago. she made jammie pants.

VELDA - oh, when your perm settles down, we HAVE to have a photo! I used to get perms, too, back in the 80's. Then I hit my 60's and my hair turned curly all on it's own! Tina and I have gotten together many times. She is right on our route south only a couple miles from our usual overnight spot. And we've been going to Texas at least 2 yrs out of 3 since about 2012 when Autumn moved there. We always look forward to visiting her and Frankie. I've also met Chriss, Jana, Vinae, Lyn, Mary Q, Cindy, Sue, Chickie, and several others who are no longer on the forum.

JANA - has Sarah always reacted this way to immunizations? EVen childhood shots? How did Ethan do? Is Michael still on O2 at night? How did the cookie decorating "classes" go with the little girls? Do you like your new hairdo, too? Guess I'm just full of questions this morning!

LORI - did you son arrive OK? And your grandpuppies? You are such a good doggie gramma. I do have a cross-stitch project with me, but haven't picked it up. My left wrist was giving me fits before we left - I've been wearing a brace since August - from overuse (sewing and stitching), so I've been taking this time to rest it which has helped a lot. I've ditched the brace now but will wear it when I start sewing again. Besides, our truck is full of black dog hair and our trailer is full of dust. Not good conditions for working on projects. I like to look at the scenery and watch for animals as we ride. (though admittedly the bulk of the scenery we drove through was just sagebrush and creosote bushes.) Once we're settled, I'll probably pick it up again.

CAROL - good memory! We did camp in that city park last year! I wish every town had a park like that! We went to the store yesterday and I found Panda Express Orange Sauce in the Asian food section. Our only complaint about the frozen orange chicken at Costco is that the sauce is just a bit skimpy. Now we can add a bit more. Thanks for yet another great tip! You've given me many over the years. We still brine our pork roasts, thank you!

BECCA - I'm with you - I love everything about Christmas! People groan when they start seeing Christmas stuff in the stores in September. I always say, "Bring it on!" I love it!

TINA - which quilt did you finish yesterday? you had two on your design wall and a stack of blocks resting on your quilt frame. And did you read my note to Carol about the orange sauce? Though I know you could Google recipes, too.

Autumn works so we'll meet at her house tonite after she gets home. I told her to order pizza and we would pay. We'll take wine and she said she'd have 'back-up' wine if necessary. lol! So that's our supper plan for tonite.

Have you got your menu in place yet?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 3rd

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:10 am

Good Morning, Mary and all our other supper pals.
I can feel and hear your excitement in your posts for spending time with Autumn and Antonio. Does this young lady live with Autumn, or is she just being mentored and guided along life's way. Visiting and spending hours of fun together. How sweet that you have become a "proxy Grandma" to her. 🤗
Sorry you have to wait to get into your regular site. It will no doubt be worth the wait.
Did you have to use a lot of levelling blocks to make do for two days. Generally speaking, RV's need to be pretty doggone level just to put out slides and operate the frig.
Glad to hear your wrist is healing.
OMG! I really don't miss cleaning dog hairs.
They still pop up for me, in some containers that I sort.??? After all this time, even!!
Well supper tonight was going to be salmon patties, but DH wants pizza, so I guess he wins.
LOL. I didn't even have to have him twist my arm. 😁
Off for a second cup of coffee ☕☕
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:51 am

Good morning!
Mary, sorry about the spot you were put in but I think that little calico needed you is why. Calico kitties are my favorite ❤
The quilt I finished was laying on the twin bed in the other room, I'm hoping to get it delivered to the 3 year old that it was made for this weekend. She's my massage girl's daughter. With covid I didn't get to see them and they went and stayed with her mom in Texas for most of the time because our insane governor shut all business like that down in our state so she had no income and didn't qualify for any of that covid relief money because she was self employed.... they just kept turning her down.
The blocks and fabric you saw on my quilter are all Christmas. I decided they'll be next year's gifts because the boys got new superhero sets for their birthdays so I figure the Christmas quilts will be more appreciated next year. I'm waiting for red fabric to get here for the snowman quilt on my wall. The other one is the SBS that my aunt made, that's an after Christmas project. So I have 5 quilts setting in the wings to get together... the snowman is the first one. While I'm waiting for it I have those reindeer to do and stockings.
How exciting to be teaching Sammy to quilt, she'll enjoy that!
Jana, your cookie decorating sounds awesome! I love traditions ❤
Lori, have your feet come down yet from cloud 9? I bet you are over the moon happy to have your son there.
Carol, I'm going to look for that sauce, I can do the chicken but I'm never happy with my sauce.... it's just never the same as what I like in the restaurant.
Becca, I love everything about Christmas too! I wish people would be like they are at Christmas all year long ❤
Vel, I haven't had a perm in..... maybe 25 years? I always had long hair and it took forever to get one it seemed. I've had doggie hair clean up my whole life LOL I don't know what I'd do without it 🤣😂
I'll be sewing as far as I know today. I also need to wrap presents....
You both are having pizza, that sure sounds good to me, maybe that'll be our supper too! And I even have wine! Hmmmmmm 🤔🤔 sounds like a plan to me.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:54 am

Good morning,
Another foggy day here. Dinner tonight will be Autumn Soup and Garlic-Cheese Biscuits.

Mary - Sorry they didn’t have you regular parking space ready. Were you thinking “if only we had known we could have waited at the last stop?” Or were you too anxious to see your daughter?

Glad you found the Panda Express brand. I think it is better than the store brand. The store brand is so thick it doesn’t pour easily.

Tina - Good for you having Christmas Quilts. I have two Christmas quilts I wanted to make this past year and didn’t finish either.

Vel - I haven’t had a perm since I was a child. All I remember is it was way too frizzy. Hope you are liking yours.

Jana - How fun to be able to teach children! Enjoy your time with them.

Becca Did you get your walk this morning? I will wait a bit. It is chilly in the fog.

Lori - Enjoy the day with your Son.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:21 am

Hello everyone sunny here Imsitting on the porch it’s so nice
Maryz. that’s great the girl gets to learn to quilt My Aunt & cousins taught me a lot of my skills I still use today
Tina I’m sure your House is lovely with all your Christmas quilts on display too
Carol I did get my walk in early We are to get cold again next week so I want to enjoy the nice weather we have
Velda Enjoy your day & the pizza too we love pizza but try to restrict it
Yesterday I made a new swag for the back entrance I went to flower garden to gather greenery It turned out nice & smells so good fresh cedar I will get a pretty new bow when I go back to town
I had steak with baked potatoes Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:21 am

Good morning!

I am on my phone waiting while Sarah is in a favorite store of hers. She wants a smaller size pressure canner and this place has one. Heck this store has everything! It a old rural type farmer's store. It is fun to wander through and find odds and ends.

Dinner will be white banned chowder. I have some sourdough that needs to be used, so will turn that into croutons to garnish the soup.

Mary - yes, Sarah has always reacted to immunization shot. From the very first one at three months old. We always had to cut the dosages into smaller shots and spread them out. Ethan did fine, just a tad bit cranky with his shot. We are consulting with the Dr over the nighttime O2 to see if we still need it. The amount is down to about a 1/2 liter, which is the lowest the machine can do. Ask and I try to answer.

Well, Sarah is back and we are now heading up to the hair appointment. I do have a before selfie I took this morning.

Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:14 pm

Good very late afternoon from a cold, dreary, SW. Pa....This is not good welcoming home weather especially after you've had 10 days of high 80s and sun...Nope, not good at all, they had to almost drag me off the plane....

Mary, so glad you arrived in Texas and will be in your permanent spot soon...I can just imagine the excitement and fun you will be having...Something about daughters! I wasn't able to keep up with your traveling, very hard to get on line but I'm slowly catching up....

Just want everyone to know, I took a peek at your Christmas decorations and your homes are absolutely gorgeous. I'm hoping the pics will give me a push, a huge push...So far, my things are still in the shed and I haven't called Kevin to come and help carry in the house...But, then I haven't called him to come and carry in my suitcase which is still in the car...Does it sound like I really don't want to be home???The only one glad is Baby Girl and she hasn't left my side since I walked in the house, 2:00 this morning.....
But, the whole Hawaiian experience was fantastic...We stayed at the military base, had our own ocean front cottage with private beach and pool...On Thanksgiving we went to a Laua and would you believe, we even had the whole turkey and fixings along with all the other Hawaiian goodies...I even had one of the "scantly dressed male dancers" teaching me the hula....In all our travels, I have never seen sun sets as colorful as these, each night was more gorgeous than the night before....Kathy and Tim were picking up his sister and then going to their time share and staying another 2 weeks and then on the 14th she and Tim are flying here until Christmas......
So, now that I'm back home, I really have some projects I have to get finished....I found a huge fabric shop and can't believe how much Hawaiian fabric jumped in my suitcase (was worried about the weight limit or buying another suitcase)...So, need to get some place matts made, along with tissue covers and masks..Needless to say, need to get busy......

For my dinner, it might be that "mac n cheese" casserole...Would have been cereal but I wasn't going to the store for milk.....

You all have a great rest of the day......

Happy eating......................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:18 pm

Welcome home Irish!

Well I did it - it is short and I do have before and after pictures. But I need to curl the cut my way, so will do that tonight and take a good selfie of me and show y'all tomorrow. Sarah took a picture of what was cut off too. We took off over 12 inches, but couldn't donate that length as there was no place around here to give it too.

Gracie and Lila did cookies with me today. Not to bad at cutting, rolling and decorating. My kitchen isn't to much of a disaster either. They had fun and so did grandma!

Oh, on the way home from getting my hair done, we picked up Ethan at school. He never noticed that Grandma's hair was cut. He thought I had a new shirt, looked several times, even as I shook my head and pointed, nope never figured it out. We finally told him, he was almost still clueless- yup, he's a boy.

See ya tomorrow
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:20 pm

Welcome home Irish! Wow, sounds like you had a marvelous time! And all that fabric and projects now to have you reminiscing! Awesomeness!!
Jana, LOL yep a boy for sure, too funny.
Looking forward to seeing your new haircut!
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”