Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club, Wednesday, Dec 1

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club, Wednesday, Dec 1

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:16 am

I can’t believe it’s already December. Seems we were just sitting on our deck enjoying long summer evenings. The daytime does feel like summer down here. Going to be 81°. I am wearing shorts and a tank top today

Jana, sorry Sarah is reacting to her flu shot. What kind of reaction is she having? A couple days of symptoms as well worth a year of protection. Maybe her doctor will test antibodies to see how well protected she is from Covid

Carol, how is your sister doing?

Lori, yes it is a long trip but we are about the journey as much as the destinations. We want to see as much of the US as we can. We have been in every state in the union and most of the provinces at least once. But no way could we see it all so I want to go again. And after the horrors we have seen in hotels and motels, even high-end places, we are very happy to have our own little house on wheels.

Tina, loved all your pictures. But better to see them all in real life. It’s hard to choose, but I think my favorite was the lighted village in the fireplace under the stockings.

Becca, is it errand day again already?!

Today’s run will only be 190 miles. The next day will be about the same. Could have done it all in one day, but why? This is also our last night with my sister. We will wave as we turn off to Austin and they continue on to Florida

we ended up with orange chicken last night. My sister and brother-in-law had never had it before and loved it. Just frozen from Costco. Thank you, Lori, for turning us onto that. It’s one of our favorites now .

Tonight’s supper is going to be lasagna. It’s a frozen lasagna from Costco. They are actually pretty good and so easy. Of course, we saved this, that Hass to cook in the oven for an hour, to do on the hottest day of our trip so far, 81° come suppertime tonight in Junction, Texas. Oh well. It will be tasty.

What’s the story in your kitchen tonight?

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper club, Wednesday, Dec 1

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:10 am

Happy Hump Day to all our supper pals!
Maryz, you are almost done with travels. You have really covered a lot of miles on your journeys each year.
My DH and I did all our real travels in our you younger years. All on motorcycle. But I shared that already.
We never made a trip to Alaska though. Have heard a lot about how beautiful it is. One of my nieces lived there for many years. They now retired to AZ. They were both in Air Force, so their healthcare is covered anywhere.
For us, we need to stay near our network for the best deal on our benefits and drug refills, etc.
I am the "eating out Queen" again tonight. We looked at the menu online and I am choosing a homemade chicken salad Sandwich on Amish homemade bread with a side of Amish homemade potato chips. What a treat this will be!
Time to get my shower. ☺️☺️
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:18 am

Good morning!
I love how Frankie does the village in the fireplace too. He did it many years ago as a surprise to me LOL I fell in love with it so now I have him do it every year. He grumbles a little but he sure smiles a lot with all the compliments on it 🥰
We hit 70 yesterday and a repeat today.
What brand is the orange chicken? I don't have a Costco but I do belong to Sam's, I wonder if they carry it?
Short trips lets you relax and enjoy the journey more Mary ❤
Thank you all about my decorations, Christmas is my favorite holiday ❤
Hmmmmmm what will be for supper.....I don't have a clue yet. Maybe you all can give me ideas today.
Vel, your supper does sound yummy!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:44 am

Good morning!

It's still before breakfast here, but I do know dinner - chicken enchilada soup. A good day for it! We are quite cold , but alas, no snow yet.

Just another day of puttering around here. Sewing and more Christmas. I did get the guest room in order yesterday. Even found some missing coats the kids in helping us, put in there. Those coats are now where they belong, the laundry/mud room, which was actually closer than where they put them.

Sarah is doing much better. Vaccinations always cause a allergic reaction by joints and the area swelling. So, she took Benadryl and it helped. I haven't talked to her yet today, but last night she was much better.

Aaron got all the paperwork filled out for the background check. They say it takes about 5 days for the city to get it completed. Good thing, Aaron has a mom who saved all his training certificates from when he was a deputy in California. He needed several of them for this new job. And that mom remembers dates very well too.

Well, devotional is over and it's time for some food,

Stay Safe,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:40 am

Hello everyone sunny here today I got all my errands done but have to go back to DMV with CAs signature on paper
Maryz Yes I Had8 stops today tiring but it went smooth Glad you have short travel day
Tina I love Christmas decorating & yours was very pretty Thanks for sharing with us
Jana Glad Sarah’s feeling better today
Velda Enjoy your delicious meal Sounds good
The house is clean & errands done so I will go walk
We have spaghetti with Beths Fig hazelnut bread & apple pie cookies & ginger cookies
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:22 pm

Mary, your are getting the warm days we had last weekend. It's only warm for a short bit, then cools off pretty quick.

Tina, I get my orange chicken at Trader Joe's. It's quite yummy.

I've been cleaning and getting ready for DS. He decided to wait another day before making the drive.
So tomorrow he comes out. Don't know if he'll drive straight though or land somewhere overnight somewhere. I got out my Christmas quilts. I'm getting rid of some. Things I made when I first started quilting.

For dinner will be baked potatoes with chili.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:07 pm

Last night’s dinner became Apricot Chicken. Tonight we did have Grilled Chicken. I just wanted something different last night.

Board meeting last night went well. Today I enjoyed sewing time on Zoom with Guild members.

Mary- I talked to my sister this morning. Surgery went great. She will be wearing a binder for a couple weeks. She slept all day yesterday. Thanks for asking.

Jana - Glad you kept all Aaron’s documents. Sorry for Sarah, lucky Benadryl helps her.

Becca - You are an expert at errand completion. Eight in one trip is amazing.

Tina - Hope you find the Orange Chicken. I buy bottles of Orange sauce and use it with Chicken Strips.

Lori- Have fun with your son.

Vel - Hope dinner out was good.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”