Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Tues Nov 30

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Tues Nov 30

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:22 am

Good morning!

Chilly here this morning at 38’. But yesterday afternoon was close to 70’ so no complaints! Yesterday was fun to visit Tina & Frankie. You should see her house! So festive! It was like walking into a Christmas Wonderland! Really put me in spirit of the season. We had a really nice visit and I got to see her new Quilting machine, the sewing storage closet Frankie built, and all the beautiful quilts she has on display. I wish you all could “ take the tour”!

Tina, thank you for your hospitality. I’m glad your family will find good use for all the extra scrapbooking supplies. I don’t think I will be making any more scrapbooks and there was no use letting them just sit at my house. We will hold good thoughts for your dad today.

Velda, I am so glad you are happy where you are at. Don’t you love it when major life decisions prove to be the right path for you.

Lori, so nice your son is coming to visit. My first thought was Will he bring your sweet grand dogs?

Jana, hope Sarah‘s flu shot gave her no reaction. We have a friend who is allergic to duck eggs. He has to be very careful with vaccinations though the Covid vaccinations gave him no problem at all. How did Michael do in PT?

Becca, I guess we all have our own version of what is “normal“. Lol. Is this a new TGN flareup or has it just been going on all this time? Good to hear CA’s lungs have cleared.

I wonder how Irish’s trip to Hawaii is going.

Today Will be a long day – 340 miles to Fort Stockton, Texas. But at the end of the day is a nice RV park with lots of trees, some thing that Is a treasure in these vast high deserts. And lots of cats roam the campground. 😺. They also have a small café that a family runs. This is a usual stop for us on this trip and we always take advantage of the cafés home cooking. Mom cooks and the teenagers serve. There are usually four different meals to choose from the menu. So that will be our plan for supper tonight.

Wish you all could join us!

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper Club. Tues Nov 30

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:45 am

Have a safe travel day. Your RV park sounds lovely. Won't be long now and you will be at your winter destination. Restaurant sounds cozy. Let us know what yummy menu you find there. 🧆🍲🍜🍔🌭🥗🍰🍨 Wow! I am hungry already.
I am planning the leftovers of casserole and a salad for tonight.
Going to get my Swedish Weaving out to work on now that quilts are all tied.
I need to take my finished ones to church and store in the project room.
Hope all our dinner/supper pals are having a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:25 am

Good morning!
I've been up since 3:30 with a not feeling good Duncan. I tried sewing at about 5, made binding for a quilt and sewed every single strip wrong, I'm not going to frog either, I'm going to cut them off and start over. I told Frankie that I shouldn't sew on so few of hours of sleep. 🤪
Mary, I'm so glad you enjoyed the decorations, I love them! I forgot to show you the hand towels in the bathrooms LOL it's the little red truck ones 🤣😂🤶🎅
We really enjoyed your visit! Always wish it were longer.
My kids, grands and me are over the moon with all the treasures you brought! Preston took the big crayons and drew and colored a picture right away and Easton took the 64 pack of crayons and was jumping up and down with joy! They loooove to draw and color! Holly loves loves loves the cookie jar! Jazmyne will help us use the scrap booking stuff too, we were all gasping and oh cool-ing LOL 🤤🤤
Your RV park sounds perfect! We used to stop at a couple like that when I was a kid, those were the best! Safe travels!
Velda, now that you've finished all those quilts what's up next?
I'm going to put up the last few decorations that I didn't get to yesterday. I'll probably sew that binding but until I have a nap I won't sew it on the quilt. I also need to make a couple labels.... maybe I can manage those with little sleep.
Supper tonight will be smothered burritos, that way if Dad doesn't feel up to coming over I can take him one.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:07 am

Good morning,
My sister is having surgery this morning to close the wound from prior surgery back in January. The wound vac was removed yesterday. She said last night she felt free. Lol

I have been convinced to complete a quilt and enter it into the Guild Quilt Show. It is all basted and I have a plan so I will start stitching today. The Guild Board meeting is this evening so I have a full day.

Dinner will be grilled chicken, salad and potatoes.

Mary - Safe travels! That is a long drive.

Tina - So nice to see pictures. Glad you and Mary had time together.

Velda - Enjoy your project. I remember you working on it last year.

Have a great day.
Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:29 am

Carol, I'm sure you'll get your quilt done and ready for the show in no time.

Mary, that is a long way with a trailer. Safe travels.

Vel, I looked up the Swedish Weaving. That's a really pretty thing. How big is your project?

Tina, sounds like everyone in your family is creative. So much fun to get new stuff.

I went though my quilts yesterday. I have way too many. I getting rid of a few. I also cleaned out the linen closet. Got rid of sheets we don't use.

No dinner Tuesday. We'll be having a late lunch. I think Cheesecake Factory sounds good.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:38 am

Hello everyone sunny here &beautiful
Got my Normal walk-in today
Maryz The TGNhad calmed down but it flared last week You never know about it it’s so strange
I was thrilled CAs chest cleared or his lungs
TinA It’s always fun to go thru new things
Would love to see your decorating
Lori Enjoy your DSs visit
Carol Sure hope your quilt wins
Velda Sure happy about your new home I’m anxious to see your weaving project
Did my laundry & we did some odds & ends
Tomorrow is a killer day of errands Maryz Would be jumping out of car lol lol
We are having Sugar baked Ham green beans cranberry salad Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:45 pm

Good late afternoon!

I've been helping Michael with making sure all the "nunya" charges are posted, so he can do the budget for December. I always tease him about December's budget, because, I am Santa and he is Scrooge. A loveable old Scrooge! And I can blow through the budget with a finger - and Amazon! LOL! Nunya around here is our code that after Christmas I will fill in what it was, since it was a gift for Michael. He does the same for my goodies.

Dinner last night ended up being individual pizzas and we only ate half of each of our own. So no cooking tonight, we have pizza!

I got up more Christmas. Matt is coming out with the boys to bring me more boxes.

Since Matt had C9vid, last year and the problems he had, he has lost a ton of weight. He is down over 87 lbs and still losing. He is almost at the weight he was when he got married. He is watching what he eats and goes out each night for a long, 2 mile or more walk. Crenda is losing weight too, but not as much as Matt has. The kids go with Matt as well. My Andrew has always been on the chunky side, but he is losing weight as he walks with his Dad. It also helps that he is growing taller and stretching out. Matt is 6'3" and Andrew, who's 15, is taller than Matt by at least 2 inches. He is still growing! It's not surprising, as Crenda's family are all that tall. She has a baby brother who is 7 ft.

Time to get some sewing done.

Sarah got her flu shot today and is having a reaction to it. We thought she might, and she did! The Covid vaccine is up in the air as the Dr is watching this reaction and thinks it will happen with that vaccine. He even thinks it won't be effective either.

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:48 pm

Here are my collages of my decorating. I didn't think posting 24 pics was a good idea LOL so I made 3 collages, I hope you can make them out. I'm missing one bed with its Christmas quilt because it's not done, I need Frankie's help and he's outside playing with the reindeer 🤣😂🎅🤶
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:45 pm

Tina, your decorations are very festive.😊

Mary, yes DS is bringing the grand doggies. Only 2, the 13 year old German Sheppard left this world in August. I will miss that sweet girl.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:31 pm

Lori, thank you. I'm sorry about your grand puppy, that's always so heartbreaking.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”