Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club, Sunday, November 28

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:27 am

Good morning

We had a very nice run yesterday and are camped about 25 miles west of Tucson. Friends from home Have been in Texas and are heading home right now. We were going to try to meet with them along the way just to say hi. When they checked in with us yesterday we realized we had passed each other 20 miles back in Casa Grande.

Today we are going into Tucson to do a little shopping. We got here yesterday about noon and it was 75° through the afternoon. We just sat outside, relaxed, and read our books

Jana, yes, we are traveling together until we reach Austin on December 2. Then Al & Tina are going on to Florida. We will be seeing Tina tomorrow after we land in Deming, about 280 miles.

Dinner tonight is going to be ham and beans at my sisters trailer

Texts are shorter using my phone. Have a good day everybody!

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper club, Sunday, November 28

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:19 am

What a wonderful trip! Safe travels.
Church is soon here. Don't know yet what I will do for supper. I need to check my freezer. Just can't figure out what I want to cook.
Maybe I will come back and edit to add. 🤗😉

Here I am back: it's 3pm now. Going to go get started preparation. Making a smaller version of my Chicken Noodle Casserole ( a family recipe from my childhood.) I have passed it on now to next generation. Everyone one of them
Love it! Even my nieces and nephew have grown up with it. My mother found it in one of her Farmer's Wife type magazines somewhere?? But even Grandma, my Aunt's and cousins all grew up on it. Definitely a family tradition!!
Off I go to cook!!
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:33 am

Good morning! I'm back! Wow have we been busy! I love it!
We had 12 here for Thanksgiving and all the beds were filled up overnight. My new stove is awesome! It works beautifully. I still need to download the manual so I'll know how to use the other functions it has but just plain baking and the stove top are great!
Mary, I believe Kevin said diesel was $3.49 on Thanksgiving here, he filled up here because it was higher in Cruces.
We are still decorating here, hopefully we'll get that finished up today. The kids all pitched in Friday or Saturday LOL I forget which day and they got the tree all decorated. I have clumps of ornaments together but the boys 4, 6 and 8 did that part and I think I'll just leave it, won't be many more tree decoratings done like that as they get older. Priceless ❤
Mary, we're a little cooler here, 62 I think will be our high today. I think we were 34° early but we didn't really need to use our pellet stove, it's just a little chilly in the house LOL not bad though.
Jana, congratulations to Aaron on his new job! That'll be great to be able to be local!
Kevin got his promotion and starts tomorrow, he'll be local to Cruces now so no more traveling and staying out of town for months at a time. He's now an engineering tech for the state. We all think he'll miss driving all the big toys/equipment but they gave him his own office and a truck to drive. Maria is way happy to be able to have him home every night and so am I. I know what it's like to have a hubby on the road for days at a time that's lasts months and months and be home alone at night with the kids..... so I'm really happy for them.
Well I better get busy. I have laundry to do, some cleaning as we finish decorating and then get all my totes and boxes put away. I think supper tonight will be Turkey tacos so that'll take care of the rest of the leftovers.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:13 am

Good morning!

Not much new around these parts. Church is in a little while. I am still plugging away on things around here.

Dinner - I think I will do a small batch of my soft meatballs. I will probably stuff the centers with cheese and serve them with Sunday gravy, aka, marinara sauce. There's a piece of pumpkin pie left for Michael.

Still plugging away on decorating and sewing. Hopefully will get something accomplished after church today.

Mary - sounds like you are still having fun in getting to Texas. It will be great for you to meet up with Tina again. Sounds like perfect weather! Not fair, we aren't above freezing right now!

Vel - hope the sewing machine visit is short! At least it's only 3 weeks. Last time my machine went in, it was 3 long months!

Tina- yippee for the stove being a hit! Good to read the manual. The first time I used a new stove, I used a timer on the oven settings to remind me to baste the bird, little knowing that timer, turned off the oven, when the time beeped! Learned quick not to use that feature!

Time to jump in the shower,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:21 am

Hello everyone sunny here in50s
Just took my walk Pretty Fall day
Levi & Brodee just left Hadlee has a virus
Maryz Glad you are moving right along to TX
Tina I missed when you got a new stove Enjoy it When I come Home from Rehab I had a new dishwasher My Children didn’t approve of my old one so they brought it
Jana have fun decorating
We had chicken salad & potatoes cranberry salad & CA pumpkin pie
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”