Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Oct 27

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Oct 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:49 am

Good morning

We are really blowing through October - literally here! It's going to be another rainy, rainy day. But at least the wind is finally letting up.

Yesterday was a nice lunch with a good friend. Then she had to go home and I went shopping. Got my new blouse, a new small pre-lit Christmas tree for the trailer, and a Christmas gift. When I got home we ordered beginning quilting supplies for Sammy, the 16 yr old girl that Autumn mentors. She wants to learn quilting and apparently I'm giving her a class when we get down to Texas. So she may get her Christmas gift early!

I finished that oh-so-difficult block in the morning. It actually turned out pretty good after I fixed the three sections where I'd sewn wrong color fabrics. then I started another, much easier one. I hope to finish that one today. I have chiropractor, grocery shopping, maybe a haircut, and we get our boosters about 5pm at Costco. I hope we don't have much reaction because friends, Bob an Betsy are rolling in tomorrow afternoon for 2 nights here and we're all going to supper at mutual friends on Friday. I didn't react much last time to my second Covid shot, but Bill felt like he had the flu for 1-1/2 days. Though, maybe it's a man thing . . .? . . .

TINA - every time I read about Adam, I find I'm gritting my teeth and have my fists clenched. I hope, though don't expect, that your tirade at him has some effect. I had a friend who had the same sort of husband. She put up with it for 16 years before she finally dumped his sorry a$$. We were fearful of retribution, but that kind is actually cowardly, I think. He just disappeared. She never saw him again and we learned a few years later he ended up in Utah. (sorry to contaminate Jana's lovely state, but at least he left Washington!). And for sure, that is no way to get restful sleep! The Big Collective THEY say yoga and meditation helps promote relaxation and sleep. Maybe it would help you. It makes me crazy! I hate it! But you might not . . .

JANA - you are welcome for the rain, but you were supposed to share with Tina! Glad Michael is improving. You mean he's only on 1/2 Liter of O2 except when moving around? That's great! practically nothing! What did he say about the sign the kids made him?

VELDA - you really have a load of stuff to keep you busy, off the streets, and out of the bars! lol! you may have to get a bigger wagon! Yum! Breakfast for supper. My favorite!

BECCA - I'm so sorry they cut down your redbud tree. We don't have them here. I don't know what they look like or what they mean by 'soft wood' and why or if that makes a difference. Here, we have lots of tall, mostly fir trees, but they only top the ones that are directly under the wires. Not completely cut them down. And they are working to put most of the wires underground now.

LORI - it's a celebratory week at your house! Did you have a nice dinner last night with your friends? Happy birthday to your hubby. What are you doing tonite? And yes, Scott is doing his handsome thing. He has a showring prance to his gait and really knows how to strut his stuff.

I think we'll be doing breakfast for supper tonite - or maybe a chef's salad. We'll see. I'm not cooking because I don't want leftovers. We're having pizza tomorrow with Bob an Betsy and all going to friends' on Friday. So a simple supper for tonite. Maybe even Cheerios. :D

Whatcha got cookin' at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Oct 27

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:41 am

Good morning!
Sorry I've been so crabby about Adam, it really gets to me and Frankie and yes Mary we grit our teeth too, probably raise our blood pressure and heart rate over him. Our "meeting" is tomorrow with him and Holly so it's not a he said she said thing, it'll all be out in the open. Holly's already told us he lied to us about a couple things.....I detest lies! I'm considering taking paper and pen and having him write a contract with us to uphold his responsibilities. I think if he doesn't he should sign over any and all interest in the house. See there I go again on the Adam train, I'll try to do better.
Mary, quilting lessons, you'll be in your zone there, how fun! We both had reactions to our second shots but that just shows our immune system was kickin hiney. I'm not sure if yoga would be for me either.... my thoughts would get free rain I'm afraid.
We're working on our 2 bedrooms today as far as I know. The wind blew like crazy yesterday and so did the dirt. They said we'd have 50mph gusts but I really think those gusts were a constant. I'm glad I didn't vacuum and dust yesterday, it would've been a lost cause. I need to check the weather wind forecast to see if that'll be part of my day too, I can literally write my name in the dust on our tv stand, yucky! It looks like I haven't cleaned in weeks! Months! A long long time!
Hmmmmmm supper..... it's Dad's night.....I think we're supposed to be cool again today and if so I think I'll make soup of some kind. I'll have to see though for sure.
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:27 am

Here I am! Back from quilting... Leaving again soon, have Echocardiogram ordered by cardiologist, appointment is at 11:00. I now have 7 quilts to stitch and then I will also tie them. I am so pumped now to sew tops again. I finished one to take this morning, but seeing all the other creations motivated me now to sew more.
Supper will be a light sandwich and chips since we are doing a DQ meal deal for lunch. Chicken strips, fries, Ned. Drink and small sundae for $7. Yummy! Treat day!!! Sundae🍨
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:27 am

Good morning!

It's freedom day! We are now out of the 21 day quarantine the hospital imposed. To quote a MASH episode, Hawkeye dances, in and out a tent door, saying, I can go in, I can go out, out, in, in out! That's me today! Michael is still improving little by little. He is dealing with the side effect of Brain Fog, so as he is getting his memory straight, I am here to help out. I so far in my life , have a very good memory. Well, so I think! LOL!

Dinner is new food tonight. We finished up the chili last night. So today I will do a small batch of stroganoff. I make mine with turkey burger. Turkey burger is the majority of what I use. Sarah likes ground chicken better. It's harder to find, so she grinds her own.

Sarah has been by already this morning. She drops off Ethan, then stops here. She also picked up here old sewing machine. It made a horrid noise, which another repair shop said was normal. Oh so NOT normal. We were afraid it was beyond repair, so she got her new machine, which she loves! Her old machine runs very quiet now, they fixed it right, so it is now the backup.

Me, hoping to get downstairs in the Batt Cave today.

Mary - yay, one more done! And shots too. It won't be long until you are just marking time before you leave for Texas. With all the storms we are getting, the southern route will be the best.

Tina - I would check with an attorney on exactly your legal rights and then nail him to the wall . Holly deserves better!

Vel - good results for your test!

Well, time to be useful,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:30 am

Hello everyone sunny here & nice I got walk in early in the 30s Frost was in the valley
Maryz Thats great you can teach a young lady to quilt Will be fun from everyone
Tina I would have all my ducks in a row for him He deserves the book thrown at him Holly must be a patient individual
Jana you are like I was in rehab I had to be in quarantine because I only had 1 shot
It wasn’t fun
Velda That’s such a wonderful project the Church has Hope your tests go well
The house is clean I got sticks & limbs up the tree Co left and the damaged boards they knocked down & left All utilities tear up when they come up our road UGH
I also did some hand laundry My flowers didn’t get killed.
CA had burger n oven fries I had some chili I had in freezer Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:24 pm

Good Evening,

Maryz - I had the Moderna booster yesterday and did have a slight reaction. A friend suggested Pedisure that her pharmacist had recommended, before and after the shot. Keeping yourself well hydrated is the key. I didn't do it because I just heard today, but think I will go get some. You might want to try since you have plans.

Jana - You sound so happy to have the quarantining behind you! Glad Michael is making progress.

Vel - You may need a bigger wagon, but maybe instead just make two trips. lol

Becca - Glad you got some of the clean up done and you even got a walk in today!

Tonight's dinner will be grilled chicken.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”