Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:08 am

Good morning,

It's been a 2-day wind & rain storm here. The wind has finally died down but the rain is getting even more fierce and that's how it's going to be until the weekend. Oh well. Two months ago we were praying for rain. See? Prayer works!

Yesterday Mr. Scott got his hair done and does he ever look purty! If only it would last. And I spent the entire day in my sewing room working on my Treebeard block. It's only a 7" block but it's kicking my hiney. Today I will finish it. I WILL!

TINA - wow!! You let Adam have it! Good for you and Frankie! It probably isn't going to change him, but at least you got to blow off some steam at him! You mean he's paid by the state to stay home and do nothing??

VELDA - that canvas wagon is coming in pretty handy! I was wishing for something like that when doing laundry at the RV park in Texas last winter. I had to make do with a 1-ton pick-up to haul my basket back and forth! lol! don't feel bad about making an error on your post yesterday. I post first thing in the morning, often before my coffee has a chance to kick in. I've made every mistake possible and some that Bill didn't think were possible, and most times I catch them before they "go to print". But as you;ve seen, not always! :lol:

JANA - glad to hear good reports on MIchael. Keep 'em comin'! How much O2 is he on?

BECCA - glad you got your chores done. Now you can relax today away! Read one of those new books you got! You earned it!

LORI - how was your birthday dinner last night? Italian is our favorite kind of food. What will you do tomorrow for your DH's birthday? Give Jack and Wrigley some kisses right between their ears for me.

Bill chose a spaghetti repeat last night so tonite we're on to the pork chops with mushroom gravy, potatoes, and salad. This will probably net us some leftovers for tomorrow, too.

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 26

Post by zfatcat » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:44 am

Mary, the restaurant was closed on Monday, so we went to our other favorite Italian restaurant. It was good. Jack and Wrigley send kisses back. I bet Mr. Scotti looks handsome after his spa day.

Vel, I have a wagon for transporting stuff too. I bought it at Costco when I was in charge of philanthopy at guild. I needed something to haul all the stuff back and forth.

Today I will run around and get stuff for DH's birthday. For dinner my girlfriends are taking me out to Morton's for my birthday.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:03 am

Hello everyone sunny here today & nice The tree Co Has been here this morning They come yesterday too The power Co had them cutting along lines They cut my red bud tree down I didn’t get why It wasn’t in the line & a small tree Man told CA it was.a soft wood Oh well the only one I cared about
They also messed up the shoulder wall f the road I will fix it best I can tomorrow
I got laundry done & put up
Our Pastor & his wife is coming over this afternoon
I made pork chops and potatoes baked & salad
Maryz I am sure the block will be done perfect
Tina I’m afraid I would have been so upset by now He needs to be made go to work It kills me that people get paid for staying
home
Lori Enjoy your birthday meal
Have a great day everyone. Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:17 am

Hi everyone. A little late again. We had quilt group today. Meeting again tomorrow to finish sandwiching the quilt tops accumulated. I brought 4-5 home to hem. I am also going to tie these. Also they sent home for me to use for my own stuff , some stabilizer and the batting for pot holders. The heat resistant stuff.
There was another bag of small scraps. They sent that with me also to use on the mission quilt tops. Now to get it all sorted and organized.
My wagon was really loaded!!
Dinner tonight is the meal I had planned on Saturday, that I didn't make: Turkey Bacon, fried potatoes and fried eggs and toast. Breakfast Supper. I will make coffee with it too. We use 1/2 caffeine, so won't keep us awake at bedtime.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:37 am

Good morning!

It been a quite busy morning. Got my shower done, then drug Michael into the shower and got that done. I have a teakwood shower bench, so that helped a lot! Then cooked breakfast. Now time to put my feet up and rest. The bed making can wait a few more minutes. The home nurse will be here this afternoon. This is the final day of the 21 quarantine days, the hospital said. Michael is sitting up in the family room and during the day, his liters of oxygen is turned off or down to just 1/2. His numbers hold until he gets up to walk,, then we turn the liters back up for a short time.

The kids can't wait to see Grandpa, tomorrow!

No idea on dinner, maybe chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles. All depends on me this afternoon.

The rain has stopped on me right now, but it's still snowing up in the mountains.

Need to scoot,
Huge,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:59 pm

Hi everyone, I'm running late again. We've had a busy morning and a scare first thing. One of the teachers at Holly's school who happens to be our sons BFF's wife called at 8:20, Holly wasn't at work and nobody could reach her. I tried calling but we kept getting a message her phone was restricted. So I threw clothes on and we went straight over. She had just gotten up, she took the day off and for some reason her phone was only partially working, maybe because it was due for payment today but it wasn't past due. Anyway she got a hold of the school, everything had been confirmed for her to take today off but the principal couldn't find it until hours later, it was really weird. Holly even showed me the confirmation from yesterday. We were so relieved her and Preston were ok. We came back home and after breakfast we went into the bedroom where the kids stay. We've got the queen bed all moved and bedclothes washed and it's all made with its quilt. We moved the desk out and then it was lunch time. Holly text while we were eating and she received Preston's new twin bed frame by UPS, it was his birthday present so we went over for Frankie to assemble, it took longer than planned because I didn't help with the crazy instructions, I played with Preston instead 😂🤣 he's trying to teach me to play a video game, this Grandma is no good at those. He laughed so much at me and kept telling me, you're loosing because you don't know how to play Grandma! 😂🤣 after 6 tries I couldn't see straight so I helped Holly. She has all the laundry done. There's a few things in the hampers that could make another load, I'm not sure if she did that after we left. She cooked tacos and rice for us for supper and as a thank you I cleaned her kitchen back up for her. She vacuumed and mopped so her house is all clean now.
Mary, we had bad 50mph winds today but no rain, next time you share I prefer the rain and no wind not wind and no rain. 😉
Yep, he's drawing unemployment and gets to stay home and do nothing to help out.
Lori, sorry your restaurant was closed.
Becca, it kills all of us too that he gets paid to stay home. Holly especially, she has a very stressful job with kids that don't want to listen and parents who won't make their kids behave at school. She's very stressed and for him to buy all his toys....a side by side, a golf cart, golf clubs, membership to the country club, a trailer to haul his toys on, going scouting for weeks, going hunting when none of them eat it, buying goats, chickens, doves, quail he won't take care of..... it crushes her. She pays most of the bills and really has to watch her money and provide for the kids. He makes her split 50/50 any stimulus checks, tax refunds and such so he can play even more... she spends hers on stuff for the house and for the kids.
I'm sorry they got the 1 tree you cared about.
Wow Velda, they really did load your wagon down! You'll have those quilts done in no time.
We have a wagon too, we love it!
Jana, I'm so glad Micheal is doing so much better! Those kids will make his recovery a full one for sure! Loving kids are the best medicine for sure! ❤❤❤
I'm a little wore out tonight. I only slept till 2am and went back to bed because I couldn't hold my eyes open after 6am, that's why I was asleep after 8 this morning. Getting 4 hours sleep with it being split 2 hours at a time with a 4 hour awake time in between is not my idea of sleeping. I'm hoping tonight is better.
Wishing you all a restful night. 😴😴😴
Tina

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:51 pm

I AM BACK hopefully full time. The past 3 yrs have been trying to say the least. 11/17/18 fire in apt. bldg in Littleton, CO. Moved back to SD. Just could not get well, then in June, MIRACLES OF MIRACLES my DR here had not only a CBC test but magnesium also. almost none in my system. it is a slow recovery, but at my age - 79, I do not care, finally found part of problem in addition to CFIDS.

Return to “Chit Chat”