Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Oct 25th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Oct 25th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:43 am

Good windy morning,

We've had a lot of wind and rain this past weekend and it's still going on, though at the moment, only wind. And it's a balmy 55*. But unless the wind dies down in the next 90 minutes, I won't be going for my morning walk. Too many tall trees and flying branches. A couple was killed yesterday when a big tree fell on their car. :cry:

Yesterday's house chore was deep cleaning the family room. I finally got to that! I polished all the furniture and the woodwork and mopped floors while Bill vacuumed the room rugs and tipped furniture so I could mop under it. Then, in the sewing room I got two, count 'em! TWO! LOTR blocks finished! That brings my finished total up to 21. And I think I have 21 left to do so I'm at the halfway mark. Most of them are only 7" finished. Though four of them are 7"x21". Drew wants a queen sized quilt so I'll just keep on keeping on. I'm getting faster. It takes me an average of 3 to 4 hours to do a 7" block, and 3 to 4 days to do a 21"-er. Plus a lot of head scratching on some of them!

JANA - how is your 'baby' doing? Was this his second night at home? Is he able to get around much without exhausting himself? Your kids had quite an adventure, Disney aside!! That's almost a 700 mile drive. That would take us old folks here 3 days! lol!

CAROL - you are so organized with your frozen dinners! I try to have a few things on hand in the freezer but we don't have that much freezer room. I do keep formed burgers and buns in there for a quick no-fix supper, but we're almost out of burger season now. And I freeze leftovers. They are great meals when traveling, though the freezer in our trailer is even smaller! And I want to take some blackberries to Autumn that I picked last August so I'm trying not to be too ambitious when prepping travel meals.

VELDA - you mean your old fifth-wheel has been sitting vacant all this time? They are just now taking possession? Will they travel in it or just live in it? I think Carol's "No good deed goes unpunished" description hit it on the head! That happens to be our family motto. Seems it never pays to try to be kind, but we keep trying nonetheless.

We had spaghetti last night. Lots of extra sauce. I'm thinking - do I want to freeze it for future meal or have a baked ziti for tonite? If I freeze it - and I'm leaning that way - I think we'll have baked pork chops with mushroom gravy, boiled potatoes, and salad. But I'll get input from You-know-who before I make my final decision.

What's your final decision? And then you can report tomorrow what you really had! :lol: We do get to change our minds, you know.

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Oct 25th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:33 am

Good morning!
Mary, wow you're really getting those LOTR blocks done, before we know it you'll be showing us the finished quilt!
I've been busy and mostly not at home. Adam has been in the woods for about 4 weeks, he's "scouting".... he's staying there so he doesn't have to help Holly do anything at home, he doesn't fool us. We got a hold of him the night of the concert and told him quite a few things and he left the next day and hasn't been back again. We did talk on the phone with him for 3 hours and we have a "conversation" planned for Thursday when he's back. He's going to get some things done around the house, we do have a say so on it because we are also owners on their house. So yep, πŸ’© I's gonna hit the fan! Some more.
We've been going over so Frankie could do some small repairs and I've been trying to help get laundry caught up from when her washer was not working right... it was taking 3+ hours to do a 45 minute load, she couldn't get enough done after work to even make a difference so that's why I've been helping in the day. Adam left so he wouldn't help. That was part of the 3 hour chewing out he got. He's 35 years old and worthless. He actually cried on the phone because we never tell him he did a good job on something and Holly doesn't either when she gets home from work. He said he did the dishes 1 day and put wash in the washer (and left it all day) and Holly didn't thank him or tell him good job. He said she did tell him he didn't do things right. You'd think he's 5 years old and needs to be told "good job". What a crock! He's such a crybaby! Like I told him, when Frankie was working and I was home it was my job to clean the house, do laundry, cook, take care of the animals, kids, yards, etc and Frankie didn't come home and say, wow thanks for vacuuming and dusting, cooking, cleaning, yardwork, whatever! And I told Adam I didn't get paid by the State like he is! Being a "stay at home" person is the most unappreciated job there is! I told him grow up! Geesh!
Yesterday was a fun day and we traveled to Los Lunas NM to meet Maryrose! Brought tears to my eyes. We only got to visit a very short time in the parking lot where we met up so we could both get home before it got too late. It's about a 4 hour trip each way for each of us.
I feel like having some kind of pasta tonight so need to see what I have.
Tina

Happy happy birthday Lori! I hope you have a fun filled day! πŸŽ‚πŸ₯³
Last edited by gershwin64 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:48 am

Good morning.
To clear the confusion... New owners of 5th wheel also took our season site with shed, mower, etc. This is end of season at campground. Some winterize and leave there on site. Others take to their home or hometown storage, or whatever. They have a place to keep it, closer to home and choose to do that and bring back on site in spring.
We have appointment for DH this morning. Will start assembly after lunch. We opened the box and sorted the parts and pieces. Ready to get started after we eat lunch.
Might not sew today ???, Tomorrow is quilt group to meet and layer with batting and back and pin hems. Then we will each take some home to stitch hem borders. I have a canvas wagon that I used in Texas to take things to clubhouse. I will walk over to church with wagon, to carry back a few quilts to stitch hems.
Supper tonight, not sure yet, might be going out. Not sure yet on schedule.
After I submitted my post, I found it on wrong day??? I don't know how I did that mistake. I copied and pasted into new message. I think I have it right now LOL πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚ how silly!!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:33 am

Happy Birthday, Lori!! I almost forgot! Hope your day is super wonderful!!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:43 am

Good morning!

Tina - I shared with Michael what you wrote. He had a good point, if you want good job and respect, you have to earn it, emphasizing, the earn it! He added that this generation has no idea on how to do that, as their parents were too soft on what is expected in society and the world. You and Frankie taught your kids well, just wish it wasn't so hard on Holly.

Vel - when we assemble furniture around here, we raid the kitchen for my cupcake pans. They make it easy to put the sorted pieces in. In just the past while, we assembled 16 cabinets! Each with 6 drawers! LOL!

Mary - yay, more blocks done! We are getting some of your storm here, thank, we need it!

Michael is doing well. Just finished a good size breakfast. I even let him go to the bathroom without following along behind. His O2 is staying where it needs to be. Sarah will be here to help in awhile. Michael is just very weak and we need to rebuild that and weight on him.

Dinner - I made chili last night and there's enough for tonight. I served it over polenta , which was quite tasty. Sarah is making the milk run to Costco for me.

Happy Birthday Lori! Enjoy the day!

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:15 am

Happy Birthday Lori
Hello everyone sunny here & a beautiful Fall day Got walk in early
Maryz You will finish that quilt I’m sure in record time Sorry about the couple getting killed
Tina I understand about your SIL He needs to take responsibility for his family & himself It’s just great that you help Holly
She’s blessed to have you both
Velda All that assembly is Herve wracking
Hope it goes smooth
Jana Glad Michael is coming along with his healing It takes time as we know
It’s was so good to have Marty & Estel & Mark & Denise both to come We really enjoyed our time together And the weather was beautiful
I got laundry done & beds dressed
And made our Dinner We had leftovers roast green beans creamed potatoes cantaloupe & cookies They loved my cookies. Becca
We eat our biggest meal at lunch Then very little at supper Does better for CA

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:30 pm

Mary, DH's birthday is Wednesday. His son and DIL wanted to have a party for his 70th,
They work so it was on Saturday instead.

thanks for the b-day wishes. I'm just enjoying the day.

Jana, so glad Michael is improving and Sarah is back to help you out.

We'll be going out to one of our favorite Italian places tonight. They make homemade pasta that is quite delicious.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:07 pm

Happy Birthday Lori. Missed it! πŸŽ‚πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰
For our supper, I had mini meat loaves in freezer. Cooking tators and heating up cream style corn for serving over the mashed potatoes.
Have a great evening.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Return to β€œChit Chat”