Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Oct 18

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Oct 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:40 am

Good morning,

Boy, October is rushing by at breakneck speed! And my DH is pushing it as hard as he can! Yesterday he cleaned the storage bins in the trailer and started packing for our trip! lol! He was even talking about the clothes he's planning to take! To be honest, He only loaded boxes and totes I'd already packed to take to Autumn and the Tinas. (our Tina and my sister, Tina) But he's anxious to be on the road. We leave 5 weeks from today.

Yesterday I got attic window frames on 8 blocks. 4 more to do. I am hoping I can get them done today and maybe even have the top sewn together. Since I want this to be a really warm quilt, I wanted to back it in flannel. Night before last, when I was lying awake, twiddling my brain, I remembered some 60" wide, heavy duty flannel I'd bought years ago to make matching shirts for us - and never did. I dug it out, got it washed, and crossing my fingers it will be enough. It's the purrfect fabric - a large plaid of the main blues used in the quilt. When I finally get this project done, I will be starting a flurry of serious housework. Even I can't handle the dust any longer.

VELDA - smart trick to add the potato flakes. I'm surprised that turkey burger is so moist. I've never used it but I have used frozen turkey burgers and they are very dry. So I just assumed it was all dry.

JANA - that was a good report on Michael yesterday! Let's do that again today! any talk of when he might come home?

BECCA - well, based on what you and JANA have both shared, I will try the frame holder that you sit on. I was also looking at free standing ones, but seems they wouldn't be quite as stable. South window for plants. Darn. Our garage is on our south side. No windows there. IN fact, I have no good windows for plants really - not even my big garden window in the kitchen (which faces east). It's too hot in summer and too cold in winter.

LORI - I'm not a big burger fan either, and we only use ground sirloin when we do eat it. I like several of the veggie burgers, however. Can you put poinsettias outside where you live? I understand in some climates they are large outdoor plants, almost like shrubs! I wish mine would either turn red or die a natural death. It's gotten quite big. PLants are a real problem for people who travel a lot. I hate imposing on friends to come by to water plants. Vicki used to do it, but that ain't happenin' now! Good luck at the dr appt today!

Last night I made chili mac which actually turned out to be more of a thick soup with a little burger, onion, garlic, black beans, corn, tomatoes, chopped green chilies, and macaroni. One of those meals I will never be able to repeat. Bill said he really liked it. and there's a big pot left for tonite. Add a salad and it's done! After tonite, I'll freeze any leftover for a quick meal on the road next month.

What's on your menu for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Oct 18

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:19 am

Good morning everyone!
We went to the Klobase for most of the day yesterday and then came home to watch the last quarter of the Broncos but they were doing so badly that Frankie said they are pathetic and he went out to the garage to cut a board and router it for Easton and Preston's room. I have found it's so much nicer and easier or easier and nicer to put a 1x4x whatever width I want above windows for curtain rods to be attached to. It really makes them so much more sturdier and it gives a nice finished look to the windows. So we spent a couple hours over there, came home, I ate a PB&J and drank some milk, took ibuprofen and waited about an hour and went to bed....I had a sick headache from it being 80° yesterday and they cut big huge limbs out of the trees so we kept having to move to find little patches of shade. Other than that we had a really nice time.
Mary, I'm LOL on how helpful Bill is in getting rid of your stuff. I was just thinking the same about how fast October is zooming by!
I'm going to season a whole chicken and roast it and put veggies in the pan too for supper.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:04 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 41 I just got back from walk It was brisk
Maryz My frame will stand or use on lap The legs can be removed
You need sun for poinsettias In Florida they grow into shrubs
October is flying by like they all do
Tina Sure hope the headache is better today Your meal sounds delicious I may do that one day
Jana Hope Michael is holding his oxygen level today
Lori Hope you get a good report at Dr
About dusk last night I looked out & there was 3 raccoons on the bank behind house Looking for food I’m sure
I plan to do more purging today upstairs in my craft closet
We have butter beans left Will add burger & slaw. Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:17 pm

Nothing much to say today. Spent a couple hours at church this morning. First a group met to put together treat bags for nursing home and shut-ins of our church members. Each month is something different. Then we assembled the last few school bags that I stitched and boxed them up for shipment. Then bible study class.
Tomorrow the group meets again to drape our quilts over the church pews as Sunday is special service to bless quilts, health kits, and school bags. Then we meet again next Monday after church service from Sunday is over and box up all the quilts to be shipped. It's really team work.
Tonight we are going to order a pizza for pick up. We have been so hungry for a pizza. It will be a nice treat!!.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Last night we ended up having Sloppy Joes. I think you are right Maryz Turkey Burgers are a little on the dry side, the Sloppy Joes made with ground turkey were very flavorful. We enjoyed them!

Tonight will definitely be grilled chicken.

I am finally finishing my first lesson in quilting feathers. It should not have taken me this long!! I can see a definite improvement since the beginning rows.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:58 pm

Good afternoon!

Michael report - they have lowered the liters number from 5 to. 4 and he is holding at a 95 O2 number. Good thing! Still have a way to go. Maybe home by the weekend.

I got my uglies done and the bills paid. The sprinklers are winterized as well. We turned off a wrong valve that is the whole house, but I figured out that and fixed it. One more thing that needs to be labeled, so I know what is what. The list is growing -

The sky has clouded over, looks like rain, most likely snow on me. Of course it will snow when I get to bring Michael home. Snow and I have a love hate relationship, since a terrible accident, 35 years ago. If I don't have to go out in it, I am fine to watch it from my windows. I do know all the back roads and how to stay off the freeways to get to SLC.

Dinner - I have a small chicken breast which I will grill with a veggie of some sort. I just brought up from the Batt Cave , stuff from the freezer and pantry for upstairs, and a favorite treat, a It's It's jumped into bag, so I ate it!

Looked at my lonely sewing machine and may go down tomorrow and sew a bit. This house needs noise, it's just too quiet.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”