Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 27th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 27th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:48 am

Good morning!

We are cool and rainy here. Very PNW fall weather. A few more days of this and we'll be back to sunny days, but temps are definitely cooler - 60's now for highs.

Our evening with the boys was great - as they always do. Dinner was tasty, prices were good. Company was excellent! Since Bill discovered he'd forgotten his wallet (a likely story!) I paid. And Drew drove our car home. The whole mile and a half. He was smiling over that! Then we played with fabric and LOTR blocks. I put a photo in the sew-in. He is over the moon with his quilt. He even brought 3 yds of LOTR fabric that he'd bought himself! From the same designer and same line as what I'd already purchased so it will fit in purrfectly. If I end up with too much fabric, I can always make pillowcases to match. We went over the 18 blocks I've done and the ones left to do. He explained the meaning of them all and we made a list of ones left to make. There are 22 more. I guess that's 40 in all. I have my work cut out for me!

In other sewing news I'm doing some SS sewing for my Elf, getting ready to do two Halloween quilts with my two sets of swap blocks, and I've been wanting to do a quilt for my brother in Alaska. But hadn't made any decisions yet on what to do. And it came to me in the middle of the night last night - in 2015 we were all over the state of Alaska in our RV and we stopped at nearly every quilt store we found and picked up the Row By Row patterns. We had friends who took an Alaskan cruise at the same time and they also gathered up RBR's for me at their ports of call. I have a LOT of Alaskan patterns. I'm going to go through those and choose the ones I know Gene would like the best.

BECCA- that is such good news about your little twins! I bet they are so fun to watch and knowing what little miracles they are! God has something special in mind for those two! Thank you for the update!

TINA - I'm so sorry about your aunt. She really fought hard. But God needed another angel. These days, we need lots of angels and now you have your own special one! God bless.

JANA - I knew your lesson would go well. Do you do this every month or were you just filling in this time? I keep forgetting. . . Are going to make a Halloween Skinny now or were you just talking about Sarah's over in Sew-in?

For tonite's supper I'm planning to try out our new toaster oven/air fryer with a sheet pan supper - chicken, broccoli, potatoes. I'm looking forward to seeing what this baby can do!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 27th

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:41 am

Hello everyone sunny here today I got my normal 2 mile walk in on the road I have always walked It felt good to accomplish it
Maryz Wow & here I thought you had almost more than half of your blocks finished That will be a prize quilt for sure
Everyone I know that has an air fryer loves them
We too are so excited for the twins They have come so far in their little lives & overcome so many trials We were over the moon when we heard

Tina Prayers for you Sad to lose a loved one that young
Jana I knew you would have too much lesson plans I always did too Better that way than not enough Glad it was a good one Ethan knows where to hang his hat He is so like our Keith was & he still stays in close contact with us FaceTimes every week
I made cowboy beans in the crockpot They will be tasty
Hope everyone has a wonderful day & happy eating to all Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:19 am

Good morning!
Mary, I love the story and the pics, it's going to be such a special quilt ❤❤ I have some RBR patterns too that I have plans for ❤ at least your plans become objects way sooner than mine!
Becca, yay you've got your walking back! Great news!
Thank you ❤ Dad's having a tough time, understandably. He doesn't want to be by himself, alone at home, too quiet and gives him too much to think about. He went to late church yesterday because of it and ended up driving in the dark which isn't good because he has a hard time seeing. I can only scold him, he's a grown man with all his faculties 🤷‍♀️ I can only repeat that after having such stubborn parents that I will go out of my way not to put my kids through the worry that my parents have and are putting me through. I do my best and voice my opinion but ultimately I pretty much have no say so in what he does.
He did tell me he's decided to get rid of his carpet and needs to empty out the curio cabinets so they can be moved....I jumped on that and told him, say the word and I'll come help! He's going to get prices for flooring that looks like wood but isn't and for it to be installed. I'm ready!
Supper tonight will be leftover veggie beef soup. We're cool here yay! We've been having glorious rain, yay!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:51 am

Good morning!

Made a huge dent in the dish pile and since most of my pans were being washed, I pulled out the shelves in that cupboard and washed them clean. Sweep out the crumbly bumblys on the bottom. This is a corner cabinet that the shelves swing out for easy access. I love that! Michael was a good fairy and cleaned up my other mess. I was butter fingers this morning. I was trying to crack one egg, had another in my other hand, missed, bumped the bowl, so in trying to catch the bowl from falling on the floor, dropped the first egg, squished and broke the other, but caught the bowl! So I had egg running down the cabinet front and all over the floor and me too. My clean, waxed floor, I did last Friday. So today is kitchen cleaning! We gave Yoohoodi the day off.

Dinner - I still have some soup left and can add a half sandwich to go along. I had thought of egg salad, but my egg disaster might change that.

Mary - loved the pic of the two of you working out the design together. I know he loved teaching the meaning of each black to you. The Alaskan quilt will be great for your brother.

Becca - such wonderful news on the twins. They indeed are watched over and blessed.

Tina - it's hard to be the child, then have to step into the other role, knowing just how far to go. You have a good handle on it. I have always told my kids, here is my opinion on how to do it, now you can go and do as you please. Usually, they do it my way. I smile.

Well, I can do more uglies, or go play, what to do, what to do - I'll bet you can guess which will win......

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”