Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 26th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 26th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:18 am

Good morning!

Oh, I was so bad last night! I committed, what to me, is a mortal sin! Friends had invited us to supper last night and I forgot to write it on the calendar. I NEVER forget to write things on the calendar and had even lightly scolded Bill only hours before for not writing something on the calendar. I had our supper all prepped and ready to go. Salads were made and in the fridge and we had just settled on our deck, enjoying a glass of wine and the last nice evening of the season. Then I got a text. "Where are you??" Huh?? Then I remembered! Dinner!! And here I was, no shower, bra already off and in my loungie clothes. We said, "sorry, just running a bit late!" I did change my clothes, but there wasn't much I could do with the rest of me, so we ran out the door. Glad they are only 5 min from us. I'm so ashamed! One thing I cannot abide is tardiness. And here we were - 25 min late! I do have to say, though, we were at their door within 10 min of her text. And we had a nice evening - smoked ribs, salad, and cornbread. But I still feel badly.

IRISH - I think it would be awesome to go with you to the hoarder house! And I know Bill would hate for me to go! I'd be dragging all kinds of stuff home! lol! The afore mentioned friends in my dinner of shame story told us when they were parting out their parents' things, everyone who was interested gathered and they drew numbers to see who would go first to choose things. They took turns choosing one item at a time in the order of the numbers they chose. Maybe after your sis takes everything out of the farm house that she wants (and perhaps gives YOU an early shopper perk) she does that with her kids. It might empty the house for her . . . And I think leaf peeping is a grand idea! Back in '97 we were there peeping at your leaves. So much prettier than our natural leaves here. More brilliant color. Most of our leaves turn yellow or brown and drop.

TINA - Will keep your aunt on my prayer list. 66 is so young to be so sick. The residual effects from Covid can be dire. I get impatient with people who think it's "just a flu". Glad that pond detail is done for the year. I hope that's the last time you have to do it! Our friends with the koi pond that I mentioned were the ones we almost stood up last night. We sat by their pond, watched the fish lazily cruise around and sipped our wine. Nice. And I really don't think we have kittens in our garage loft. I believe this kitty, a local roamer, is male. But we did have a stray mama have her kittens in our garage back in 1999 just as we were getting ready to leave for Alaska. I was afraid Bill would insist on taking the whole family to the pound so I thought I had them hidden. (turned out he knew all along) So several friends kept dropping by to feed her and check on the babies while we were gone. By the time we got home Mama Cat was fatter than she was before the babies came! lol! And one of those babies was our beautiful Riley who lived 20 years. Mike took one kitten too, and she also lived to be 20. The third kitty found a home with Mike's friend but he lost track of her years ago.

BECCA - So nice to see Bethany had time to visit with the little ones. She works so hard. We have had to let a lot of things go in our yard. I just can't do it anymore like I used to. So now I try to keep a few areas close to the house kept up, Bill is mowing more of the blackberries down in the front woods and trimming low hanging branches, and the rest of it is going back to Mother Nature.

JANA - I love DI! Great stores! Better than Goodwill, I think. We don't have them here that I know of, but I get around, as you know. Funny about Yoohoodie calling you for help. lol! Our refrigerator will send us an e-mail if a door is left open for too long.

The boys are coming today. Hooray! We decided to go out for Italian tonite and we'll celebrate Drew's 28th birthday. Then come back here to sort out the LOTR blocks and get a handle on how he would like the quilt put together. Then I can see just how many more blocks I'm going to need. He wants a large central block with a mountain scene. I can fold a piece of fabric to hold that scene's place and we'll arrange blocks around it. Take some pictures, (as things always have a different perspective in photos), and make decisions. Then, we'll have some blackberry pie (if I get the pie made this morning). Not sure my pie will impress Alec, the baker, but they will appreciate the effort, I'm sure. No one in their family likes cake so I'll do the pie instead.

What's supper looking like at your house?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 26th

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:23 am

Hello everyone sunny here today & a nice Fall day In loving the cooler temps
Got my walk in then watched Keith’s Church service Made our Dinner
Maryz CA will not go anywhere late If he isn’t 15 mins early he’s late Me I arrive when It’s time Glad you made it in time
I know your day will be fun We always enjoy our grands coming
Glad you got a new appliance That old one sounded like a fire hazard
Tina I’m praying for your Aunt She is young to be in her condition
Glad the pond is cleaned Enjoy those kids
They grow so fast
Our little twins got a great report this week for their check up at Children’s hospital They don’t have to go back Hadlee is past where a 2 yr old should be
Brodee has come so far the Drs were amazed He is closing the gap catching up with 2 yr olds We was so happy for them
Hadlee has quite a personality & Brodee is quiet and reserved Total opposites They both are walking talking & being normal 2yr olds We give God all the praise for healing them
Velda That is a beautiful place you were attending Great venue for events
Your fabric is adorable for diapers
Irish I too would love going thru the things but sure wouldn’t want anything All I am trying to do is get rid of now

We are having turkey sausage Butter beans for CA I have a salad & cottage cheese
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:58 am

Good morning!
What an evening and morning we've had! We lost power for 3+ hours last night, thankfully I had already given Preston and Easton their baths and Jazmyne got hers. We didn't and the kitchen was left a total mess! Ugh I hate leaving dishes overnight. I think they make the whole house smell yucky plus they're harder to clean. We did get the dishwasher loaded so they weren't all on the cabinets, mostly the pots and pans and whatever wouldn't fit. Power came on around midnight. It was because we had a big storm and it must've hit something because more than 1 grid was out.
So this morning I had to get all that cleaned up, make breakfast and clean that up. Ran MrGears and washed bathrooms and I'm doing laundry.
Mary, glad you made it to supper. Maybe you'll luck out and that'll be a mommy kitty 🤞

My aunt is not doing good at all, we got a call this morning that it looks like her organs are starting to shut down 💔

Becca, such good news about our twins ❤❤ I needed some good news.

I'm going to make a big pot of veggie beef soup for supper, all the kids love it and it's way easy on me. Cleanup is fast and easy too.

Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:21 pm

My aunt passed away today 💔💔
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”