Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 22nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 22nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:05 am

Good morning,

I woke up really early this morning - 3:30. Even Foxy and Scottie didn't want to get out of bed until they were certain I was really getting up. lol! I'll be nodding off in front of the TV about 7 tonite.

Yesterday was Costco and regular grocery shopping. After putting everything away, washing veggies, and cleaning the kitchen, I didn't get into my sewing room until noon. I'm working on the "Fellowship Silouette", a 7"x24" block which, I think, is the iconic symbol of this whole story with 9 main characters trudging through the mountains. Doing this isn't difficult, but reading parts of the pattern is. When this block is done, I'm going to start sorting Halloween swap blocks I think. They are almost all in now.

I have a chiro appt this morning and I'm going to ask him for another cold laser treatment on my wrist. My carpal tunnel is really improving and I want to give it another nudge to move it along. The laser treatment seemed to work really well. It's really like holding a $25,000 flashlight on your owie for however long you want to hold it there.

JANA - nice that Aaron talks things over with you when the going gets tough. Autumn got a new front-loading W/D a few years ago and it played music when it was done. It fascinated her cats and they would sit and watch it like a TV program and if they weren't there when the music played they would come running when they heard it! :lol: That new shade will be nice!

BECCA - sorry you are in pain. Is this still from your fracture? Sometimes, especially as we get older, it can take a long time to heal. We always took sunday rides, too, with my parents. And picniced along the mountain rivers. A thing of the past but I still have the memories.

TINA - your quilt is beautiful! Have you started the second one yet? I made Christmas quilts for all my kids, too, but I made them much smaller - couch throws. No kings for me! Glad you are to be cooler. I wouldn't mind being warmer!

LOIS - thank you! Nice to have you stop by the table. Come join us anytime!

VELDA - it's fun to take a ride around even local areas. Even though my parents and all us kids all grew up within 3 miles of my present home, I'm still fascinated by driving some of the roads I don't get on much.

I'm thinking something Mexican for supper. Unless Bill really wants the last of the soup, but he can have that for lunch if he wants. we might have tacos or chile rellenos or taco casserole or chile relleno torte. I need to check my freezer to see what's in there. I probably should have checked it before I went shopping yesterday, shouldn't I. :roll:

So, what are you having for supper?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 22nd

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:36 am

Good morning!
Mary, I can't imagine your carpal tunnel isn't acting up with all the PP you're doing. That Fellowship Silhouette is awesome, I think just that would make a great wall hanging!
Yep, I've started on the second Christmas quilt, the king size one. I'm making them so they can decorate their beds for Christmas LOL just like I do. They've been wanting one for years, since I made a queen and king for my 2 bedrooms. I need to make a full sized one for the other bedroom but that'll be after I get everyone else's done. I'm planning on making 3 twins for the boys and 1 queen for Jazmyne's bed too.
I need to check my freezer before I say what's for supper here.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:33 am

Good morning!

Home from the school run. Then stopped and got breakfast. Yeah, I didn't have to cook! LOL! Then stopped back at Sarah's. Her new shed and new chicken coop were arriving. They are semi built at the factory up north of us, then assembled on site. Even painted to match her house color. Our city passed a ordinance that out buildings must be the same color as the main house. Well, I am the rebel, and my barn will stay red! Just what barns are supposed to be! I even have a quilt block hanging on my barn. It is a Ohio star with stripes along side to look like an American flag. 9n my red barn!

Michael is out mowing our hay field, that is, mowing the grass. We have let it grow quite long and cut it high. It helps the grass survive better in the drought here. The state asked to cut back on how much water we use, so we did, about a third less than last year.

I am heading down to my Batt Cave to play. I am waiting for a piece of fabric to arrive. I was able to get more of my fabric I wanted for the background of the Christmas Ribbons quilt. I originally was about 5 inches short of what the pattern called for, so got another couple of yards. It's a great piece to use in other projects.

Dinner - absolutely positively no idea of what to fix. I do have soup in the freezer and that may just do!

Time to mosey along,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:53 am

Hello everyone sunny here now I hope the rain is over It’s been 5:-days with rain
Feel like the ground is saturated
Mary I’m so glad the laser worked for you Surgery is no fun
It’s the TGN That Will drive you bonkers It’s a pain like no other It’s was really bad last night Stress makes it worse too With CA so much worse I’m sure it t doesn’t help Just have to make the best of it It could be worse
Tina You are really ambitious with all your Christmas quilts I’m sure they will be beautiful & kids happy too
Jana Good you can save water I think most people are wasteful with it If they had to carry it or draw it out of well it would be different
Denise. Brought us chicken pot pies so I am doing them & adding cole slaw I got ginger snaps & apple pie cookies And cranberry walnut sourdough bread
Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:50 pm

It's almost 4 pm. Sorry, late again. I didn't even pick up phone to check emails or forum until now. Had hair cut appointment at 8am. Then I worked on soaker pads for baby diapers and then cut material for 15 more school bags.
I got a sample diaper cover and texted my niece. I think she is pleased. She is going to let me choose dogs or farm animals or plaids. So my search is on. Now to find water resistant fabric or water repellent. ( I have white flannel, but I am going to get some other colors. I do not know what companies to trust to order online. I thought Joanne's would carry it. I can't find it on libe. Might just go to the store. Maybe I don't know how to word my search properly.
Anyway, that's my next step. Sewed a little on school bags, then it was time to get showered and dressed for evening out again to dance.
Hope to see you earlier tomorrow. I will have time then to share a picture. Maybe ...
HUGS, 💕 Vel

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:13 pm

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. There was no cake, but my son got dinner at Texas Roadhouse for my birthday dinner. It was really good. Lol, There was enough for supper last night and tonight as well.
I bought myself one of those floor magnifier lamps for my birthday.

Tina, I love your quilt. It is gorgeous.

Mary, I'm still in the holding pattern with Social Security. I'll update when I get an update. The label is coming along. I needed a magnifier that I didn't have to hold in order to see and find some of the stitch locations because they are beginning to run together with some onesie twosie stitches that were surrounded by completed stitches. That's why I got myself one for my birthday present.

Happy eating everyone.

Return to “Chit Chat”