Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 20

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 20

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:37 am

Good morning,

I was up early this morning, showered, furboys fed, and coffee made. And here I am. Yesterday was a bit of puttering, a lot of sewing, and then football with cross-stitching. Today, I have a dr appt, then will finish the LOTR block I'm working on. It's 15x20 inches and so far I have about 12 hours into it. Another hour or two and it should be done! Then on to another block. I think the bigger ones are easier than the little 7" blocks.

IRISH - I have to say, I'd love to be going through that house with you! What a lot of treasures! And unopened wedding gifts?? Autumn was telling me a few weeks ago that she and Antonio spent all day going through his dad's things. (just one day!). And she told me, "Don't do this to me, Mom". I try to pitch and purge fairly regularly, and I keep a picture in mind of my kids going through my things later saying, "What the heck was she thinking??!". But it's probably time to do it all again. Thanks for the timely reminder.

JANA - Your little Lila sounds like a pistol. I wonder where she gets it . . . . . :roll: :D

TINA - your house must be sparkling by now! Now there's nothing to do this week but sew, sew, sew! Sorry for the mosquitoes. I'm not sure where all ours went this year. (Maybe to Deming!) I only saw about 4 all summer long. And about the same number of yellow jackets. But I've seen 2 little frogs, something we don't see often close to the house. (think they were looking for water). So I put out water for the frogs as well as the birds, squirrels, and bunnies. We do have professional pest control now because of Vicki's rats, but they weren't supposed to spray for mosquitoes and said they didn't.

CHICKIE - you poor thing. I truly can't imagine what you are going through with your vertigo. I've been trying to imagine it but I can only compare with the little bit of dizziness I've had with a few viruses over the years. I really hope this clears up for you one day soon. Let's hope your blood work this morning gives you some answers.

LORI - I love San Francisco, but haven't been there in many years. Such a beautiful and unique city, but I hear it has kind of deteriorated in later years. :cry:

BECCA - it feels good to weed things out. A few years ago I got rid of five bags of clothes, shoes, purses. And I still have way too many! But for now, they are staying in my closet.

We have cooked chicken in the fridge so I think I'll make some white chili or chicken stew today. I'll put it into the crockpot so we can smell it cooking. Yum!

What sounds tasty to your household tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 20

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:10 am

Hello everyone drizzle here
Didn’t have a good night so it may be a calmer day
CA is on his med to clear the fluid in his lungs
Maryz I am so happy to be rid of those clothes I told Denise I would much rather someone could be warm and dressed this Winter than the clothes hanging in my closet
I too am going to really weed out as soon as I can bend down good I too think what they will say about their Mom. Lol
Your quilt is really moving along I’m sure he will be happy to see all you have done

Irish I would love to go thru a house like that Can’t imagine not opening your
Wedding gifts

Chickie I feel for you but you are doing just like CA did I sure hope it gets better & you can do things you love
The fence sounds like a nightmare

Jana Wow That Little Lila does sound like a pistol I’m sure it was adorable

Lori Glad you joined us I have never seen CA My DB used to live there for 5 years

Tina You must have a Mr Clean House I love it when everything is all nice & clean Makes me feel better
I hate mosquitoes We don’t have them here My Neighbor who lives beside the creek gets eat up with them

We have leftovers from Denise I am adding Fried okra I love it steamed too
Have a great day everyone. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:39 am

Good morning!
Mary, I'm glad this bigger pattern is easier, my mouth dropped open when you said how many pages the pattern was though! Yep my house is all clean and I feel better about staying in my sewing room that way. I finished the 1st Christmas top last night, it required a back rub during the last seam so Frankie came into my sewing room and I laid my head down on my table so he could rub the knots. I only had about 4' left of that last seam and was getting sick feeling from my back hurting so bad so I asked him to rub it with his forearm, it's the only thing that helps that knot, it's from a vehicle accident about 11 years ago. I'll take a pic of the top in awhile and post it so you all can see 😊
Happy birthday Maryrose, I hope you have a special day! And that there's cake in it for you!
Becca, I took bags and bags of clothes to a place here in town that help battered women, it was a great feeling to help others and get rid of so much I had in my closet. I hope you have a calm day, maybe a little nap will find you.
Chickie, your description sounds like the Tilt a Whirl ride at the fair, I hope it's not that bad! You said your wheelchair would need a seatbelt? I thought you didn't have vertigo when you are sitting?
I'm going to be gathering blocks for the king size Christmas quilt today, I think I'll give my back a break from sewing today by just gathering and deciding what sashing and any other fabrics I'll be using for this next one.
Supper, hmmmmmm maybe I'll just make a hamburger helper and a veggie.
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:53 am

Here are the pics....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:55 am

It's about 95² it hangs on a queen size bed really nicely..... these pics are taken on a king size so I could lay it out better for pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:05 am

This one is for Kevin and Maria, I don't remember if I told you all that.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:10 am

Good morning!

Tina- that's a beautiful top. It will be loved!

Mary - 4 am is still too early for me! And too cold for a shower! Love all the LOTR blocks.

Got all the uglies done and ready for Yoohoodi to come out and play. I tried to get Michael to vacuum once a week for me, but that was a lost cause. Now I have Yoohoodi out to do twice a week. Monday to clean up after the kids have been here and Friday so the house looks good for the weekend. Now to head down to the Batt Cave. Ineed to mop the floor, so may do that first before playing. I did get all the Christmas fabrics tamed and back in their basket.

Dinner - I have some chicken legs in the freezer, so will baked them in the oven with BBQ sauce added at the end. Maybe a potato salad as well. Or just some fresh green beans. Too cold to grill them outside. We may get to 60 for the high temperature today.

Happy Birthday MaryRose! Enjoy your special day!

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:22 am

Happy Birthday Maryrose Hope it’s a special Blessed day for you
Hope you are feeling better.
Hugs Becca

Tina Your quilt is beautiful I’m sure they will love it I like your colors you choose.
Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:46 am

Tina your quilt is beautiful. I still have to read your posts, but hurrying to get going to bible study.
Tonight we are eating out with our friends...again. getting to be a habit, but fun!!
Think we both are ordering individual pizzas tonight instead of salad bar. Something different.
I will come back and finish this.
Happy Birthday, Mary Rose.
Chickie, I sure feel bad for that vertigo. That's not fun!! My DH has been having dizzy times. I am keeping close eye out for any other symptoms. Hope it's just temporary.
Hope to sew tomorrow. Bible study was very good. We are doing 1 and 2nd Corinthians.
Next week we start Galatians.
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Good afternoon! We had a busy morning with a run to town for DH’s doc appointment and my blood draw. Lunch is finished, a couple of chores accomplished, and I’m now headed to my sewing room. Yesterday was a vertigo day, but I managed to hold myself upright to go see newest Great Granddaughter visiting from Michigan. They loved her gender specific quilt and matching big sister’s doll quilt made from the scraps. I used Jaybird’s Boomerang pattern and really enjoyed it. Fabrics are from my stash of American Jane fabrics.

Mary—that block is unbelievable! I can’t do a 5 piece PP block on a good day. My mind just doesn’t wrap around the concept.

Becca—I know I need to clean out closets, but sewing room calls me first! I’m about to think the vertigo is a chronic condition that is unfixable.

Tina—your quilt top is so beautiful! The frames and sashing complement the blocks beautifully.

Jana—I like your robot vac’s name! Enjoy your Batt Cave visit! Your description of Little Lila at the wedding made my day!

Maryrose—Happy birthday to you! Hope you have a very special day and year!

Velda—enjoy your Bible study and dinner out with friends. I’m a piggy, so I would order my individual pizza, eat from the salad bar and take most of my pizza home for tomorrow.

I checked the portal, and my blood tests are approaching more normal. I was excited to find my sodium is only 5 points below low instead of 8 points. And, parts of my thyroid tests are in the normal range. Unfortunately, the vertigo is not improving correspondingly. Therefore, it may be something else causing it. It’s always something! On the other hand, if I’m on vertigo isolation, there’s MORE SEWING TIME!!! That can’t be a bad thing!!!

Dinner tonight will be choice of leftovers. I will be choosing to have my yellow tail in the form of a soft taco! DH can have it, pizza or Chinese. I love not having to cook!!!

Bon appétit!

Return to “Chit Chat”