Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, September 17, 2021

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
FarmChick

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, September 17, 2021

Post by FarmChick » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:10 am

Good morning! I may be setting the table today unless someone posts first. Surprise! DH is off to mow yards at the rentals, and I am trying to deal with his meds by mail. It’s been frustrating for us and gross incompetence on their part.

Mr. Bert update if you are interested. My boy is growing up! Like most teenagers, he’s staying out later at night. He didn’t show up Wednesday evening for his dinner, but yesterday morning he came out of his shed ready to eat. He has dry food, but he likes the “porridge” which is just the dry food dissolved in warm water—used to be milk replacer, then milk replacer with dry food, then all dry. He went into the yard to eat his apples then back out with the herd. Last night he didn’t come home at all, but he came across the pasture when I called to see if he was home… ready to eat! I’m sure that soon he won’t be coming home but will be a herd calf.

I had a really good day yesterday. Today isn’t as good, but it’s not bad and I’m thankful! I plan to sew in a little bit. I’m working on the second first Christmas quilt now and building a panel with appliqué flowers in 30s prints using patterns from Lori Holt’s Bloom pattern. I’m ready to figure out my layout and fuse.

Dinner tonight will probably be Gulf Goodness, baked sweet potato, broccoli and salad. I made pizza last night, and of course there are leftovers. DH can tell me what he wants.

Have a great day! Bon appétit! Mary is on the way home and will probably be checking in later.

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, September 17, 2021

Post by Becca » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:47 am

Hello everyone cloudy here
Got my walk in and exercise done for the day
Denise just called They are coming tomorrow She wants me to have my to do list ready for them
My niece called yesterday She & my DB are coming for a visit in Oct when the leaves change
Chickie So glad you are having some better days Guess Mr Bert is outgrowing his need for Special treatment
Your little quilt sounds adorable
That’s a day early for Mary to leave isn’t it
I made my masks Seems they will be permanent dress here for awhile I don’t mind them no more than I go out
I made T—a salad and garden peas Blueberry pie for CA I had grapes Becca
Have a great day everyone

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:44 pm

Good afternoon!

Good to see you, Chickie! Love the farm stories.

Becca - you better have that list ready!

Quiet day around here. I got my uglies done early, so the vacuum could do his thing. The vacuum is heading back to the dock to recharge. My main floor is bigger than what he does with one charge. When recharged, he comes back out and finishes where he left off.

Dinner - there is still a bit of Carne asada left, so that will be Dinner.

Heading downstairs to my Batt Cave. I so want to get some things finished.

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:39 pm

Hi ladies. I know, I am late again.
Chickie, thanks for leading us. I love the "Bert Story".
We had to go to car dealership this morning. The car was missing the spare electronic key when we bought the car. They ordered a replacement for us. Had to go back to have the emergency key cut to fit ( the key insert inside). LOL, I hadn't even realized there was one, until DH explained it .
Anyway, there is Joanne's and a Walmart with fabric department, so shopping was happening today!
Then back home for lunch, some sewing, and then doorbell rang and postman brought package. We ordered a study bible for me and I ordered the little tabs to find the books easier. I was busy for a couple hours doing that.
Tonight I am fixing a breakfast supper. When my friend from church dropped off fabric pre-cut for me to sew school bags, she brought me a dozen of fresh farm eggs. OMG! That was so sweet of her!! So tonight is turkey bacon, fried potatoes, and eggs. Yum!
I have 18 school bags to finish before Tuesday. That's when we meet to fill the bags. These go out next month with the mission quilts and personal care kits (with towel,soap,comb, toothbrush, and nail clipper.)
It's fun to participate in these things.
Have a nice evening.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”