Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:20 am

Good morning,

We were up early this morning, even for us - 4:30. So I'm all showered, fluffed, puffed, and deep into my coffee cup. :D I have an 8:30 appt for a massage this morning. My sister is going for a massage at 11. It's her birthday present from me. Her back is really hurting so this might help her a little to relax those muscles that I know are "guarding" her back. He knows his stuff, so, after a dozen years we have solid faith in him.

Because her back is so bad, she is spending a lot of time lying down so yesterday afternoon I was on my own and I got my Sew-along blocks together and next up is a piano key border so I can use up all the leftover scraps. This afternoon we're all meeting 2 other couples for early dinner. So no cooking here tonite! Whoo Hoo! Nice to get a break from the kitchen.

TINA - I hope your little guy is back in the pink today. How was your orange chicken last night?

VELDA - great news on the boat! I was wondering if you were going to sell your pick-up and buy a car. Do you know what you want?

JANA - How goes Yoohoodi's training? If I were in charge of vacuuming here, I would have a Yoohoodi for myself! I have a few recipes for enchilada casserole - same ingredients but put in layers and the tortillas are cut in strips. Next time I'm going to try doing it that way. Hope the radon/floor issues all work out with little fuss/muss.

We didn't go to friends for appetizer/happy hour yesterday. They changed their schedule and will join us tonite instead so we ended up having ham, baked sweet potatoes, corn on cob, and salad last night. Tonite will be whatever we order. We'll probably share something. Or I'll get chicken strips and he'll get - ugh! - fish and chips.

What's going on on your plate tonite
?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Aug 5th

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:30 am

Good morning!
Seems like people slept in this morning all through the forum.
Mary, Easton is slowly getting better. I told Holly if he's not back to normal by this afternoon then maybe she should get him in to his dr. I'm going to make him chicken and rice soup for lunch. My orange chicken turned out pretty good except the sauce had a vinegar taste so I'll have to adjust that next time.
I'm sorry your sis' bank is hurting her so badly. I know that pain can be so exhausting!
Enjoy your evening out!
Jana, my little robot sure helps me out a lot. Mine doesn't have the mapping system, I bought it before they had those. But it still does a good job.
I need to check my freezer to see what supper will be here.
Tina

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:30 am

Good morning from a sunny, warm, SW. Pa...Perfect day for doing whatever....I was so determined to get back to posting this morning...Usually, I don't seem to come in this room until late in the afternoon or the brain is off and running in another direction and another day is gone....I'm thinking I have too much rattling around in the old noggin and then nothing gets done, lol.....But today is bingo and I decided to bake cupcakes for all our August bingo birthdays and just got them all iced and ready to go...Just another little surprise for my sister......

Mary, I like to get up early but that's just a bit too early for me...Even Baby Girl frowns on anything before 7:00....Feel bad for your sister and her aching back, know too well what that's all about...Hopefully, the massage will help, I know it helps me and wish I were going with you 2.....My girl suddenly lost her sister and she's taking a few weeks off and I sure do miss her...Then I heard my chiropractor is thinking about giving up his practice so I'll have to have a talk with him..This chiro is a good friend of my nephew and has gone to camp with us...And he's quite a special person...When he was about 12, coming home from fishing, he was hit by a car and pushed up against the guide rails and lost both legs, 1 up to his hip...But, it didn't hold him down, he went on to play basketball, scuba, do anything and everything...So, when I think I have problems, I think about him and what he's overcome.....But, I sure hope you and your sister enjoy your day, ache free.......

Tina, also hate to hear about the little one not feeling well...But, nothing better than Grandma's care and chicken soup.....Kathy had one of those robots and at the time, they had a little rabbit and the poor little thing was scared to death of this "monster" running around the house...Our Kevin has the robot lawn mower and that's another funny thing to watch, especially when it needs to re-dock to get charged...When he first got it, he had neighbors lined up along his yard just watching "him cut his grass" as he put it...For being so active for the 1st 60 years of his life, he's decided, he's now the laziest person around (but he so deserves it)......

Other than bingo, not much happening in this household...I did have a neighbor call last night to ask if I'd hem some pants for her...She came over and we ended up gabbing for over 2 hours but did manage to get the pants measured and pinned....I also talked to Kathy and she's planning a nice trip for the spring and happily it includes my sister and me...She and Tim love Sedona and go a few times a year so next April (I believe) she wants us to fly out, go to Sedona and Baja for 10 days...Do have reservations to go to Reno the end of this month but will be changing the dates because she's probably going to be back here...Tough keeping up with her......

Well, best I get moving....We'll be going out to eat after bingo so no cooking for me....

You all have a great rest of the day......

Happy eating.....................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:34 am

Good morning!

Haven't made it to the Batt Cave yet. Tim and Michael are pulling computer cable through a smurf tube to be able to move the printer over to its new home in the Batt Cave. Michael likes everything like printers run through the house computer network, not just on WIFI. Smurf tube is a blue plastic pipe, hence the name, that we add before the walls are sheetrocked and closed in. Michael also adds a pull wire in the tube, so we can then add wiring when it's needed. Part of the fun of living with a electrical engineer! He plans ahead.

I have half of the 80 blocks sewn and will do more today. It is a queen size quilt. Slowly getting there.

Dinner - I have some rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator, so may do a simple chicken and rice cassarole. I have a recipe that uses chicken, rice, celery, water chestnuts, mayo, chicken soup and a splash of lemon Iemon juice. Easy and is a Michael favorite.

Mary - hope that Tina feels better soon. No fun not feeling good on vacation.

Tina - chicken soup, just what is needed!

Irish - so busy as always at your house! Sedona is a very pretty place to visit. Hot, but pretty.

Sounds like the boys have the wires pulled, maybe I can get through the door now, they are working near there,

Hugs,
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Hi everyone. I had to get on the computer to pay a couple bills so took time to stop by to catch up. I'm going to fix some squash for supper. I still have to call to see if I have to appear for jury duty or if jury trials have been cancelled.

Blessings

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”