Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:47 am

Good morning,

We are home! Long day in the saddle yesterday but we made it in record time. I think my driver was smelling the barn. Got the trailer unloaded and we were relaxing on the deck with ice water by 4:30. Bill drove up to UPS Store to get our mail. Subway is next door to UPS so he picked up sandwiches for supper. I was starving and gobbled mine down in record time and was eyeballing his . . :lol: Today starts a marathon laundry day. I'd really like to use the clotheslines, but they are in direct sun and we are having a monster hot spell (by PNW standards). Will be 102 this weekend. We also have to go grocery shopping and Costco. My DD and DSIL are in town from VA and said they will stop by for breakfast Friday morning so I need to pick up things for that. Also, today is my brother, Albert's birthday. His first since he passed away. I will call his wife, Barb, and a call to her is usually an hour.

TINA- ughh!! Rattlesnakes!! I'm so glad we don't have them. When I was about 12, someone here was studying them for a research project and had 25 of them. When he was done, he simply released them on a hill! Everyone was furious with the guy, there was a big rattlesnake round-up and they caught 24. I suspect the last one was a better slitherer and hider and probably didn't survive our wet winter. Ever since, I've called that hill Rattlesnake Ridge.

JANA - I say No More Dust! Is the ceiling all done now? Is the track you speak of for track lighting, track to attach ceiling tiles to, or track for the train? I'm losing track! :o

VELDA - Glad you got Becca's address. I tried the 'share contact' feature on my i-phone. It works very well - but apparently only with other i-phones. Sorry. Your crispeto sounds delish!

I'm still debating our supper for tonite. We're going shopping this morning so some kind of food we don't own yet. Maybe burgers or pork chops, or chicken on the grill. Something that doesn't heat up the kitchen, for sure.

I believe most of you are in the same boat - something that keeps the kitchen cool . . .

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 24

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:36 am

Hi supper club friends. Crispeto last night was delicious!! I payed more attention to the plate.
The burrito type shell was filled with what looked like refried beans, and deep fried to a nice crispy texture. Then on plate, a chili like mixture, then lettuce, tomato, cheese, a bit if sour cream. I asked to omit the fresh onion.
It is so good. You can order single or double serving. Kinda reminds me of taco salad, but not so huge.
Tonight at our son's, DH and I will treat everyone to a pizza supper. They all leave on their trip to deliver grandson's pickup truck to him at his base. Then Monday AM, the three of them fly home, where DH and I will take our son's pickup truck to them at the airport. Airport is about half way between Son's house and our home. Since it is already in the direction of us going home, it's a win-win for everyone!!
Have a great day!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 24

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:56 am

Good morning!

A bit hard to type, while doing the happy rain dance! It's raining right now! Loving every drop falling!

Mary - your brunch menu sounds yummy. You might want to try croissant stuffed with sweetened cream cheese for your French toast. Really easy. I do that and add a smear of orange marmalade, then soak the croissant. Topped with a sweetened orange juice syrup, thickened with a bit of cornstarch.

Vel - your crespito sound very much like what is called here in Utah as a Navajo taco. They are yummy!

Well, more Batt Cave cleaning. I need to get a handle on all that dust and construction gunk! It's driving me batty! :)

So much track in this house to keep track of! The track delivered was the ceiling track. Yesterday, another box of track appeared on the doorstep. We had ordered 5 boxes, and Michael thought that was what he moved into the garage. Guess who can't count! The order is now complete.

Dinner - humm......... something simple, a soup and a half sandwich will do the trick.

Wel, dust awaits me,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”