Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Tuesday june 22

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Tuesday june 22

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:51 am

Good morning

It’s a beautiful morning here, cool and clear. Lots of birds singing. We are sitting outside with our coffee and our pets. Foxy of course has the comfortable folding recliner all to himself. We are admiring the view. I think from the picture I posted yesterday you can imagine how nice it is here, especially after the 93° day we had yesterday. But I know some of you were even warmer

I hope you saw the post about Becca. I was kind of worried because we had not seen her post for a while. So Chickie called her and talked to CA and got the story. I hope she heals quickly. I am going to mail her a card today

We are going into town today to fuel up the truck and make a stop at Quilt Shop there. It is a great shop and doubled in size a couple years ago. Lots of fabric and they also sell sewing machines. And hot tubs.

We are going home tomorrow. Only have enough coffee left for one more morning. We are going to run out of coffee and coffee mate at the same time so I think that’s an omen

For supper tonight we are taking Bob & Betsy down the road to the Cove Steakhouse. It sounds kind of fancy but it’s really more like an old pub. More our style. And only half-mile from their house. All of the restaurants are in town - 17 miles down the hill.

Tell us what your supper plan is!

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper Club. Tuesday june 22

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:10 am

Good morning. Rather chilly here. Woke up to 55°. It's 60 now. Already been to grocery shopping. And working on coffee. Tastes so good on a cool morning.
Glad you are enjoying your trip. Sounds restful and peaceful. My supper plans changed last night. We did Monday night special deal for Pizza. So tonight is our pork chop meal.
So sorry about Becca. I don't think I have an address for her. Can you text me?
I agree, we have had so many issues with our quilting circle of friends. We will keep Becca in our hearts and prayers.
Take care. Hugs and more Hugs to all.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:42 am

Oh Mary I chuckled at quilt shop. Guys can hang out in hot tub while ladies shop 😂😂 DH Aand I are looking at getting hot tub with all our back and joint issues ugh 🤦‍♀️

Cool here this morning too got the windows open airing out house before gets to high 79 today this is much better than last week weather humidity was awful.

Supper here is steaks on grill baked taters and steamed veggies 😊
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:40 am

Good morning!

Getting the last stuff together for my class tonight. It will be fun having "my girls " once again. I had most of them when they were in Activity days with me. I am altering the pj pattern, to eliminate the long side seam, so you cut out the front/back as one unit. Makes it simple to assemble.

Dinner - Michael has leftovers in the refrigerator and I will see whatever when I get home. The class is over at the church.

Mary - sounds like a fun place to eat. Pub food is not the "stuffy" things at the fancy places. We only go to one fancy place, Brio, in downtown SLC for a anniversary lunch. Really really good Italian food.

Izzy - fun for you to join us! All you need here for a hot tub is a small pool! We are so hot, it heats everything!

The nursery just called and my new tree will be planted tomorrow. We definitely need to get these trees, to keep the soccer balls on the other side of the fence and not constantly hitting the side of my house. We are trying hard to be good neighbors and patient, but when the stucco gets cracked, enough is enough.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:14 am

Jana, kids are oblivious if they are not taught correctly. The kid across the street from my DS made a sling shot in the tree and was launching rocks at DS's house. DS had a word with the kid and his dad, but that's not the first incident with the family and I doubt it will be the last. You can't fix studip.

Mary, they sell Sewing machines and Hot Tubs. Huh? That's a weird combo. Well if you are out of coffee, it's definitely time to go.

Izzy, steak sounds yummy.

Hi Vel. Enjoy the cool temps.

Walk is done and the boys are resting. I scrubbed the garage door when I got back. It was very dirty and annoying me. I need to finish cutting out a JN wall hanging. We are learning a new technique on Saturday, so I want to be ready.

We'll have a late lunch today when DH gets home from golf. I'm thinking Mexican food.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”