Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club. Sunday, June 20

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club. Sunday, June 20

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:36 am

Good morning

It’s a beautiful morning here At Wine country Rv Park. Our trailer is backed up to a cow Pasture and all the babies came to the back of our trailer this morning to pick a little breakfast. They are so fun to watch. I grew up with cows and have a special place in my heart for them.

I am sitting out with my coffee, dog, cat, and husband, watching the cow show. Soon we will pack up and start for LeGrande. Only a 3 Hour Drive this morning. We will spend three nights there and then start for home

Dinner tonight is going to be burgers at their house. And I am going to make potato salad and baked beans. One thing for sure, we have not lacked for a good food on this trip!

Take good care and kiss all the dads in your life and send up a smile to the ones who are no longer in this life! ❤️

gershwin64

Re: Supper club. Sunday, June 20

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:54 am

Good morning!
Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers in your life on this earth and in heaven.
Mary, I love cows too and miss them. We've always had cows here either across the street or beside us but sadly no longer. I miss them.
Well I'm not sure what we're doing today. It's gonna be 108° or possibly higher so I'm hoping whatever gets done is inside out of that kind of heat! I don't even know about supper yet, I'm not sure if the kids are planning anything for their dad yet. I'll just wait and see.
You all have a fantastic day!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:00 am

Good morning!

Mary - baby cows are so much fun! When we visited my in laws, their property was next door to a dairy farm. My kids learned much from the summers spent up there around all the cows. Aaron especially. You don't mess with mama and the baby. Aaron helped the neighbor boy, same age, in weaning the baby calf and mama was sure mad! Oh the escapades of those two! Aaron's escapades started when he was about 12 and continues today.

Tina - one of the leaders of the Church gave a talk in conference many years ago, about keeping and taking care of your home. He suggested that you paint one side of your house each year, so every 4 years it is totally done. That's how they paint the big bridges in California, one section at a time. So you see, you are ahead of this schedule! You're not slow at all! It is too hot at your house mine too!

Heading over to church in a minute. Then back home. Matt has a surprise for his Dad for Father's Day. I am in cahoots at the moment and Michael is trying to figure why I need his password to his email. Matt is installing a Roku on the TV's here as the surprise while we are at church. Michael is extremely protective of passwords and is giving me the once over as to why. I just told him not to be so nosey! He is getting it for me.

Dinner - probably our usual brunch, hashbrowns and eggs. I do have a yummy steak that I might do instead. We will see.

Happy Father's Day to all our Dads! They are great!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:48 am

Mary, sounds like a wonderful place to be. Baby cows are quite cute.

Tina, hope the kids figure it out. I quit doing everything a few years ago. It's time for Bill's kids to step up.
After all they are in their 40's. If Jonathan was here, he would just take care of it and tell the other 2 what to do.

Jana, I know Bill's passwords. He forgets them sometimes. I had him make an encrypted file so he only has to remember one.

We're going to Shane and Danelle's for late lunch early dinner. I just found out last night, so I don't know what were having. Anything is good with me if I don't have to make it. I am making chicken and mashed potatoes for my dad though. I also made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for him and Bill.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”