Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 7th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 07, 2021 5:59 am

Good morning,

Happy Today! I didn't do much yesterday. After my massage, I just came home and took it easy. I did sew some comfort blocks together but that's about it. I have a haircut this morning and then Bill wants to go shopping out in Sumner for a new bed. Sumner is a small town about 35 miles away but it has a huge furniture store called The Cannery. And they are having a sale this weekend. We need a new mattress but he has decided he wants a queen bed instead of a king. I don't care, actually, so off we go. But I did specify that I want the same style so it will go with the rest of our bedroom set - Pine, mission. Not sure what Foxy is going to think of this! We haven't told him yet.

JANA - you are all a tall family! The men in my family all range from 5'7" to 5'10" and the women are all 4'10" to 5'2". We fit almost anywhere! So low ceilings and smaller beds work for us. :lol: It's a curse and a blessing to be so short. I hope Stu finds his way soon. I'm still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up!

BECCA - Your yard always sounds like such a showplace! My rhodies are all coming on now and the lilacs are in full bloom. I have three in three different shades from lavender to deep purple. But my little flowers are all done except iris. And if I remember to feed them I may get a few roses later on.

Supper tonite is going to be pork chops on the grill. I have enough pasta left from last night for a 'side' and if I get some lettuce, we'll have a salad.

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 7th

Post by auntjana » Fri May 07, 2021 6:51 am

Good morning!

Mary - enjoy the shopping traipse! Beware of sticker shock! Mattress prices are sky high and delivery time here, at least, was about 6-8 weeks. I won't remind you of our bed lead time! You should take a drawer with you, you can match the color of the remaining pieces to the new bed. That is what we did and the company had a stain very very close to our existing set. Mine is oak mission style. Love it!

The ceiling system pieces are out for delivery this morning. That means, Monday our handyman , Tim, can start. Once you get the first row up and straight, the others fly in installation. Then I will order the next phase. My sewing area is the starting corner, so I will only be out of commission a short time. I will be the lovely assistant and be helpful, just to speed things up.

Dinner is the chow mein from last night. It is all prepped, just didn't make it in the pan. We went out to get the crunchy noodles I thought I had, but didn't. It was late by then, so hopped over to get chicken take out, but the place only took cash, of which we didn't have. Their machine for debit cards was broken. Uggh! Ended up with a cold dry hamburger from McDonald's. Never again!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 7th

Post by Becca » Fri May 07, 2021 7:49 am

Hello everyone sunny here I got my walk in early Was very brisk in 40s
Yesterday was beautiful and Today the same I plan to weed eat more
My nieces come on Monday for a nite & 2 days
Maryz Our Irish are all blooming & the Mtn Laurel is opening Our rodies don’t open until end of June Shasta daises are blooming too
Life of mattress 8 yrs so you got your money’s worth Sure you’ll love a new one
Jana Our men are 6’6 6’5 6’ & all are 5’11 0r taller Women are shorter I’m shortest at 5’2
Sure you will enjoy having the ceiling finished
I’m doing burgers & stir fry I found some nice zucchini
Our farm here will not be there this year The land was sold I really hate it because now I’ll have to go 12 miles to get to their fresh food No other farms out here
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”