Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:39 am

Good morning,

The last day of September - I can't believe it's going to be October in mere hours! Anyone here watch the debate last night? I have to say, all I got out of it was a headache. I took some IBU and went to bed afterward.

Yesterday was laundry day - 6 loads. Extra towels from having company, plus two long pieces of fabric. Today I'll be washing sheets and line-drying them and cleaning both bathrooms. I work quite a bit every day on "Whisk". There's a lot of handwork so I trace, cut, fuse, applique. and stitch blocks by day and do accent hand-stitching by night. Slow going but I'm making progress. I would kind of like to join Teresa's Oct Lotto so I'll see if I have any extra sewing time in the next few weeks.

BECCA - I'm still smiling to see you posting! I bet CA is smiling, too, to have you home again. The yard crew that your family arranged- will they be coming regularly now? You have really earned that luxury! Your little twins will be up and running before long! And then the world better watch out! lol! But what joy!

JANA - You've inspired me to do more uglies today than I had planned. Sigh. I could write coded messages in the dust around here. What a fun trip Sarah and family are having! Bryce is so beautiful and I know there's a lot of fascinating history there. And when I was Ethan's age, the stars fascinated me! My science grade shot up to straight A's the quarter we studied astronomy.

CAROL - you must have missed earlier this year when several of us had to get new fridges! Usually, on this forum, things happen all together - weddings, new appliances, new babies, etc. lol! Glad you got your fridge. And you are right! Rice does get mushy with overcooking! lol!

IRISH - we know you are home and we are sure hoping you aren't sick!!

Tonight's supper will be leftover soup from two nights ago. I forgot to tell you the name of that soup - Sulow Seo. I don't know the language, but I believe Seo means Soup. Perhaps someone here does know?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 30th

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:36 am

Good morning!

We are home now and have everything put away. Work just called Michael, so he is earning some play money.

Mary - I now know where the writers came from in your family! You! What two cute stories that are in the Barn Quilt book. Mary did have a little lamb! In this house, we changed that rhyme a tiny bit to fit Matt. Matthew had a little room, it's floor was dirty as soot. And everywhere that Matthew stepped, he could not put his foot.

Dinner is wonderful banned white chowder. A favorite in this house. I even have sourdough bread bowls to serve it in.

Worked on my Gnomes. Not a hard pattern, just tedious in measuring. The gnome hats have to be centered and straight for each row and each gnome. Now to do the blanket stitching on each hat. Only 20 to do.

Found out the for sure date I will teach via Zoom, my Relief Society class. In person, my lesson would be an hour long, but with using Zoom, it will be only 20 minutes. The hard part will be condensing the subject into that time. I will have Sarah help with a couple of PowerPoint slides with thought questions and such. My class will be the last Sunday of October, so I have plenty of time - that is, to panic! LOL!

No Aaron stories yet today. My Lila is getting to be quite the two year old. She gets into something she knows she shouldn't, and tries the cute smile on Grandma, to which I reply, try again, that doesn't work on Grandma. Then she is off to something else.

Time to pick up bread and milk, different store.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 am

Hello everyone sunny here today Nice after low 40s last night
Maryz Thank you for your remarks Apparently I had quite a lot of people worried I have been told many times it’s so good to hear your voice
The yard man is permanent but he doesn’t clean off my beds He mows & weed eats
I cut one azalea down to ground It was a big one Just kept going back to it Do a Little & go back later
Marty is here today Levi dropped by as he is off work today
I am making chicken n noodles Will add some green peas Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi everyone! It's me! Do you remember me? 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 well here I am!
Mary, yes we watched the debate. I think a good idea would be that they need to turn the mic's off of whoever's turn it isn't.
I read today's and then "my plan" was going to just go to each day and read to get caught up but I read your post yesterday about you DIL not liking you so your son doesn't visit and my blood started boiling! I'm sorry 💔 my SIL and brother are going through the exact same thing and haven't spoken to, text or anything with their son since Christmas Eve and they haven't seen their 2 granddaughters since either. So if you see a "my story" in Facebook that I post this will be why. My nephews girlfriend won't allow him to call or text his parents because she doesn't like them, she makes him stay home and not work too. I must be a crazy person because I'd be on their doorstep as often as I possibly could and going right inside, i wouldn't give a choice... but I seriously am crazy like that! That's probably why my son in law hates me but ha ha ha guess what I don't care and I go over whenever I please. He's not going to stop me from seeing my daughter and grandkids. I'm mad for you and for my SIL and brother. ❤❤❤
Becca, I'm so glad you're better! We were sure worried! I'm glad you have help with outside now too ❤❤
Jana, we're on zoom for 1 hour and 20 minutes straight every morning with Easton's class, it's exhausting. I know you'll do great!
We're having pork chops for supper, I'm not sure what else but there will be more LOL
Frankie has Easton and Preston out for a walk and I am enjoying a few minutes of quite relaxation LOL it won't last long I'm sure.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”