Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club: Thurs. Aug 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club: Thurs. Aug 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:30 am

Good morning

Yesterday was cooler - wore a light Jacket most of the day. But still able to sit out and relax. Did a lot of embroidery, reading, and strolling the campground. Nice dinner last night, cooked outside and sat around the campfire. The deer came back and brought her baby with her. She gave us a wary look and a wide berth but Scotty was more interested in licking a paper plate so he never noticed Her.

Will start for home this morning. 3 Hour DrIve but will stop halfway for a short visit with my BFF, Marlene

Carol, happy anniversary, come the big day. Our 29th will be next February

Tina, glad you got some sewing time in! And I think it’s wise to celebrate Matthew’s birthday a bit before the big crowd. Hope your dad gets his bloodwork results soon

Becca, 64 years! A happy accomplishment for sure! Celebrate!

Jana, and happy anniversary to you too! We often like to celebrate our day either camping or at home - Rarely in a restaurant. One time we invited friends to camp with us. We planned a special Pork roast dinner cooked in a Dutch oven outside with with Mashed potatoes and all the trimmings. We were sharing meals with those friends and the meal they made for the night before was Buffalo casserole. Bill and I were not impressed but we gagged it down and gave her the compliments she expected, With our minds on our special supper the next night. Next day we were getting ready to cook and our friend said she didn’t like pork roast so she thought we should have leftover buffalo casserole instead. For OUR anniversary dinner!! We compromised and pulled chicken out of the freezer and cooked that instead. That made our friend happy.

Irish, I KNow you are busy happily gallivanting!

Chickie, Chickie, wherefore art thou, Chickie??

Not sure yet about supper. We will get home around noon,Empty and clean the trailer and Maybe start the laundry. So dinner will not be elaborate. Something from the freezer I think-chili, red beans and rice, or lasagna

PS, Jana, I loved the tour of your kitchen! It looks so different from The last time I saw it. When Ethan was a baby in arms. Pretty!

auntjana

Re: Supper Club: Thurs. Aug 13

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:15 am

Good morning!

Mary - Safe travels! You are such a good sport - eating that casserole twice! Pork roasts are yummy!

For our anniversary, we usually head off on a traipse, shopping for different things, then end up either for lunch or dinner at a favorite restaurant. Brio, is a wonderful Italian restaurant we love, but this year will be Cafe de Chateau Jana.

Ethan will be here shortly. He is having breakfast with us. I will make him scratch buttermilk pancakes with bacon. To Ethan everything is better with bacon!

The city is now in the phase of digging out the dirt from the road by me, that is finally being paved. Noisy trucks! But at least, it will be paved and no more dodge the potholes that can swallow up a entire car. Before, the city would come and grade the road smooth and the next morning, there were holes back again. Never caught them, but the people on that section, are not very nice and held up for years paving that section, own a tractor, and voile, in that area, potholes reappeared over night. The city finally exerted their influence and we have pavement.

Dinner - chicken and stuffing casserole. Fresh green beans too.

Ethan and I will finish his quilt this morning and then I have a few more masks to finish. They are needed for Monday, so it is good I will be done sooner.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:58 am

Forsooth, Mistress Mary, your olde goode friend is here! Life just seems to get In the way with interruptions. I never seem to get my computer opened. And, I haven’t had anything on the menu for weeks that is approved. It’s been steamed, baked, breaded, fried, smothered, smoked… I didn’t feel I could show my face.

Our big news is our third great grand baby Little Miss Anna Renea. Of course, I started a girlie quilt for her and will make bibs with lace and pink since the Fancy Forest Friends quilt was made for her woodland animals nursery theme.

As usual, I’m on the run today—time to make breakfast for DH. Dinner tonight… still on the banned list—smothered in onions with sliced tomatoes and salad. There is an apple crisp for dessert unless it disappears before then.

Sorry this is short… Bon appétit!

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:03 am

Hello everyone sunny here today
Got walk in came home & cleaned bathrooms Did all my watering of plants & porches cleaned
Maryz Your camping trip must have been very relaxing I love the fawns We never saw a baby one this year Safe travels
You were a good sport to eat that again

Jana We used to always go to some place special but haven’t in last few years Just
Home dining
Sure Ethan loves the pancakes My grands wants waffles when they come to visit overnight

I’m
Making chipped beef over toast with gravy
Steamed broccoli & potato baked
Becca
Hello Chickie Congrats on your precious little girl I know she will be loved

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:54 am

Good afternoon from warm, sunny, very summery, SW. Pa....Of course this is my kind of weather but Kathy is melting..Yep the one from Reno who has no humidity is melting and her hair is "growing"...Oh my is she teasing me about not using the AC or having it turned down to BRRR..After she built her bed (which is really, really nice), she ordered a tower fan for in "her room"....It has been pure joy having her here....This morning I had a doctor's appointment and Kathy went with me, only because this used to be her doctor and she wanted to see her...What's neat, I really do enjoy going to this doctor and the gal who does the blood work is one of the nicest gals I've ever met, so it was a fun time..Then we had to shop and pick up little things for Lena, who is on her way, as I type.....There has been so much happening, it's hard to keep up with her..She and Kevin got me the cutest little battery operated, self propelled mower for my birthday (which Andy, my mower wasn't too happy about)...They were going to hook up the robot thing but Kevin decided, this would be better and then he can borrow if he needs it...Now my neighbor wants one, so darn cute and I'll have to watch that Kathy doesn't try to smuggle it back home with her.....And then she decided, I wasn't hiring anyone to do my porches so she power washed them and yesterday, she sealed the front porch and is now working on the side porch...There's no stopping her.....I had a few "Lena things" stored at Dan's so we stopped and brought to the house...My little table and chairs, a rocker, a cradle and Kathy has ordered a doll, a tea set, a thing for in the pool and tons of books and crayons etc. My house now looks like a Day Care but we are going to have so much fun.....Not sure who all is coming to dinner tonight but Kathy has it all under control...I am really being pampered, big time......AND today is my #3 son, Kevin's 62nd birthday...He said, he officially retiring today....

Well now that I've written my novel, I think I've taken up enough of your time....But, wishing you all a great rest of the day.....

Happy eating..............

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi everyone!
I'll be back hopefully after supper but wanted to let you all know that Dad's bloodwork came back and his sodium went up 2 points so he doesn't need to go to the hospital. YAY!
We're having burgers for supper. Didn't get a chance to read yet, it's been a looooong day trying to learn and help Easton and Jazmyne with their online schooling.
Tina
Hopefully I'll be back in a little bit.

Return to “Chit Chat”